Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- Karter - 2011-04-01

Fekker

First, let me say thank you for Netflix addon as it stands
very nicely done..

However, for those with the same setup as I may have
dual monitor and dual sound
this is not a viable plugin for me

And if I am understand the Netflix API routines, this is due to no fault of yours.

first, the screen opens in full screen and I am unable to drag it to my other monitor....which
even if I could, it wouldn't matter because I have a dual sound source, HDMI and system sound. Which if I understand correctly, silverlight uses only the set system sound, so unlike, my main XBMC which splits the source and uses HDMI audio, silverlight still uses my System sound Sad

What I am wondering, is ....
obviously, Microsoft MC can do this, and even has remote control access, so could the Team XBMC not approach Netflix for a better interface?

Just wondering
thanks again for all the great work

help! - cokezor - 2011-04-02

I'm having a few issues.

1. I could not download XBMC through the XBMC interface from the repo. The install halted at "Downloading 0%" and then disappeared as if I hadn't initiated the install at all.
2. After downloading XBMC Flicks manually from the repo with Git on Windows, and copying XBMC flicks to the proper directory, (XBMC addons folder, and alternatively the user's roaming appdata folder), I'm receiving a script failed error.

I followed the instructions for editing the XML, is it mandatory that I also install the IE wrapper or is it optional?

Debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/DfQnu48b

Thanks in advance.

*Tried again and it downloaded it from the repo with no problem. It's working now.

Where is the iqueue.py file - down.easter - 2011-04-06

Polonius19 Wrote:I go through the config process, specified the OS X option, verified the two files, advanced settings and player core, were where they were supposed to be and with the settings identified at the start of this post, but when I try to browse the instant queue, I get a window inside of XBMC asking me to "Click OK after you finished the link in your browser window", but no browser window ever opens. I have Safari installed on this system, no other browser. I can access and view Netflix inside of Safari. I've uninstalled and re-installed the addon a few times, but its the same thing every time.

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to find out where the process is failing. Is there anyway to config a file manually with my netflix account info?

Please help.

**PS, I found a thread referencing the iqueue.py file and how it may need to be modified, but I can't find the iqueue.py file. Where is it? Thanks...

Hi
On a Mac the file is located under [your Username]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib/

Hope this helps

- Kriosym - 2011-04-07

Karter Wrote:Fekker
...dual monitor and dual sound this is not a viable plugin for me...

...first, the screen opens in full screen and I am unable to drag it to my other monitor...

This one was an easy fix for me. I use Firefox (or you could go chrome, whatever) for when I am browsing on my PC outside of XBMC for whatever reason...that stays on my main monitor, however I set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I drag it onto the 2nd monitor and I make it fullscreen mode (F11 I believe, one of those F keys), and then I close it. Viola, whenever XBMC Flix launches IE to play the video with silverlight, it opens it in its' last position, the 2nd monitor, fullscreen.

Quote:...which even if I could, it wouldn't matter because I have a dual sound source, HDMI and system sound. Which if I understand correctly, silverlight uses only the set system sound, so unlike, my main XBMC which splits the source and uses HDMI audio, silverlight still uses my System sound Sad

I'm not sure on this one. I use a dedicated media server and ONLY use optical out, I have XBMC set for WASAPI Optical Coax, and it works fine. I never need audio for my media server outside of XBMC, as I have another PC as a gaming rig at my desk.

XBMC flicks mac osx issue - Twwayne - 2011-04-09

Hi I am having a problem that has been brought up before and I can't find where it has been resolved. When I click on a movie the movie plays behind xbmc - additionally it is not in fullscreen mode. The app looks great but can't get it to fully work in osx.

Just wondering if anyone can provide any direction on this - thanks!

- nobody_here - 2011-04-13

Ok....I got it installed fine. Couple things. Running Win 7 x64 Aeon MQ2 skin/theme with IE9 by the way.

It does not look anything like your screenshots in the first post. Realizing this is probably a skin thing.....but it doesn't download cover art or give any synopsis or any of that, pretty bland simple title selection....any way to tweak that?

Biggest thing....I use this on a PC on the other side of the house, I use Remote Launcher and XBMC Official Remote for Android to control it so there is no "F10" key to press to exit the IE Silverlight player. (I followed your directions and placed the iewrapper in my C:User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons\plugin.video.xbmflicks directory and edited it accordingly

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>C:\Users\jxxxxxy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}"</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

There is no difference in how the windows opens when it launches a movie. There is no close box at the top. I don't have a mouse so it wouldn't do me much good anyways. I also don't have a keyboard so I have no way to hit "F10" to exit the Silverlight/IE player.

So I can get to the movies on Netflix and start one of them fine, but I cannot do anything but pause and restart the movie from that point on as none of the Android XBMC Remote buttons work once the Silverlight player is invoked.

This forces me to have to get up off my ass from the couch and walk to the office and use the keyboard on my PC to ALT-TAB to my desktop so I can use the mouse to force close IE. This is not good at all for my use and perhaps my use is no good for the XBMCFlicks implementation. I went through the effort to get it all where I can power up my PC and control everything with my Android handset and want to keep it that way.

Any ideas?

- m00kfu - 2011-04-13

Love the plugin! The only problem I'm having now though is controlling netflix with my remote. The netflix_silverlight_control program mentioned in the op hasn't been updated in quite a while and for some reason browser windows don't recognize keypresses sent from eventghost. Has anyone else had any luck?

- fekker - 2011-04-13

KennethC Wrote:fekker, I knew this was coming out in Silverlight 5, but I don't see that available for download anywhere. Do you have a download link for 5, or is this in a new version of Silverlight 4?

Had to wait for the public link
Silverlight 5 runtime (beta)
http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/5/8/8/58897679-D9BC-4F58-BFC4-E999C9E32DD1/runtime/Silverlight_Developer.exe

Here's the what's new list on Microsoft's site
http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/future/

Cool stuff for sure, and before it's asked, no linux support in version 5.

troubleshooting XBMC on OSX - down.easter - 2011-04-13

fekker Wrote:let's do it manually

in the iqueue.py file, open it with notepad and put the values in manually

MY_USER = {
'request': {
'key': 'xxxxxxxxxxxx',
'secret': 'xxxxxxxxxx'
},

key is the key that's output in the file
secret is the secret output in the file

that should cause the script to go to the second auth portion the next time you run it.

The first thing you have to do is activate verbose logging in the plug-in, so start XBMC, go to the plug-ins under Video, select the XBMCFlixs plug-in and proceed to edit the configuration/settings. If you haven't already, install and Run the plug-in. Exit XBMC and find the log file. Go to [your Username]/Library/Logs, open the XBMC log and scroll down to find the key and secret entries, then edit the iqueue.py file ( [your Username]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib/) following Fekker's instructions (although you should use textedit as notepad is a windows program). You may also want to edit the playercorefactoryOSX.xml to change the default player from IE to whatever you are using.

Hope this helps

- EvilAlchemist - 2011-04-14

Netflix changed the TV shows today for instant queue.

You now add an entire series, then scroll by season on the site.

This has caused tv show dvds not to work correctly with this plugin.

- fekker - 2011-04-14

EvilAlchemist Wrote:Netflix changed the TV shows today for instant queue.

You now add an entire series, then scroll by season on the site.

This has caused tv show dvds not to work correctly with this plugin.

Can you provide an example show, all mine work in my instant queue without issue so i can't reproduce.

Also what are you doing when this occurs, i.e. what menu do you choose, etc. (start with I open the plugin, choose x, then choose y, then do z).. if you can, post a logfile as it outputs which menu your in

Thanks!
fekker

fekker Wrote:Can you provide an example show, all mine work in my instant queue without issue so i can't reproduce.

Also what are you doing when this occurs, i.e. what menu do you choose, etc. (start with I open the plugin, choose x, then choose y, then do z).. if you can, post a logfile as it outputs which menu your in

Thanks!
fekker

SHOW: StarGate SG-1 - Futurama
Video-addon -> Instant -> Both Instant "All" and TV" completely blank

All were listed before this update on Netflix Side. Show is in my queue on using the site manually.

PS, Tis is the first issue I have ever had with the addon, and it has served me very well so far, so thank you for your effort.

- fekker - 2011-04-14

EvilAlchemist Wrote:SHOW: StarGate SG-1 - Futurama
Video-addon -> Instant -> Both Instant "All" and TV" completely blank

All were listed before this update on Netflix Side. Show is in my queue on using the site manually.

PS, Tis is the first issue I have ever had with the addon, and it has served me very well so far, so thank you for your effort.

They borked the 2.0 api calls with that change, i'll have to revert to 1.0 format of the api, which is also limited and can't auto-expand the seaons. Guess they missed updating the newer api.

fekker Wrote:They borked the 2.0 api calls with that change, i'll have to revert to 1.0 format of the api, which is also limited and can't auto-expand the seaons. Guess they missed updating the newer api.

They had a lot of issues today, site kept going down a lot.
Maybe they will fix that in a day, saving you a lot of re-writting.

but at least you know what is going on and can keep an eye on it.

troubleshooting XBMC on OSX - down.easter - 2011-04-14

Just thought it might be worthwhile for the OSX users using the Safari browser to show the playercorefactoryOSX.xml settings (note - for Firefox remove the "-k" from the <args> line and substitute the path for Firefox and use "/MacOS/Firefox-bin" instead of "/MacOS/Firefox" ) - just so you don't have to read through all the 37 preceding pages

<playercorefactoryOSX>
<players>
<player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari</filename>
<args>-k "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />