Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- fekker - 2011-05-10

Dirtbag Wrote:Hi everyone, I've had the XBMC Flicks plugin working on my main desktop PC no probs for a while now until just recently the Browse by Genre shows "Found 496 Items pages 1-34" but when ever I select a genre from the list (ANY Genre) 0 items are found and nothing is displayed. I can browse and watch from my personal Que no probs. I've since been working on setting up my new custom built HTPC. I'm running the newest Dharma v10.1 with the newest version of the XBMC Flicks (Netflix plugin) on both my original PC and my new HTPC and have the same problem on both new and older machines. My personal netflix account is USA and I have the plugin setup accordingly. Like I say, Browse by Genre worked ok on my older PC just fine but now it doesn't and I'm experiencing the duplicate problem on a brand new fresh HTPC. Is there an unknown issue with the newer versions of Dharma and XBMC Flicks? I sure would like to get this resolved so I can continue with the enjoyment of my new HTPC Toys.

Thanks & any help is appreciated.
Huh

iqueue.py
Line 681
change en to [^/]*?
Code:
#print "didn't match matchIds2"
                matchIds3 = re.search(r'"media_src": "http://.*?.nflximg.com/[b][size=large][^/]*?[/size][/b]/boxshots/(small|tiny|large|ghd|small_epx|ghd_epx|large_epx|88_epx|tiny_epx)/(\d{1,15}).jpg"', curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.IGNORECASE | re.MULTILINE)
                if matchIds3:
                    #print "id regex: matched matchIds3"
will get it in as an update

- Galacticus - 2011-05-10

Fekker, any clue why latest silverlight 5 beta isn't working with my E350 APU?

Also, can you create an HD sub category or am I not seeing it?

- fekker - 2011-05-10

Galacticus Wrote:Fekker, any clue why latest silverlight 5 beta isn't working with my E350 APU?

Also, can you create an HD sub category or am I not seeing it?

My guess is that it's the video drivers, as silverlight isn't talking directly to the hardware. Could be a silverlight bug, it is beta after all, but more then likely it's the drivers for your video card (apu).

Not sure about an HD sub category, have to see if that query works or not (didn't last I tried).

Cannot Link Netflix account with XBMC Flicks - caferide - 2011-05-10

I need assistance. I cannot link my Netflix account with XBMC Flicks. I have installed & configured XBMC Flicks on my ATV 1 but cannot find anyplace to link my Netflix account. Please advise. Thanks!

- Dirtbag - 2011-05-10

fekker Wrote:iqueue.py
Line 681
change en to [^/]*?
Code:
#print "didn't match matchIds2"
                matchIds3 = re.search(r'"media_src": "http://.*?.nflximg.com/[b][size=large][^/]*?[/size][/b]/boxshots/(small|tiny|large|ghd|small_epx|ghd_epx|large_epx|88_epx|tiny_epx)/(\d{1,15}).jpg"', curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.IGNORECASE | re.MULTILINE)
                if matchIds3:
                    #print "id regex: matched matchIds3"
will get it in as an update

XBMC Flicks Update v1.0.20 Completely Broken??

Thanks for the reply fekker. I tried the above change at line 681 to no avail. I then noticed an update to v.1.0.20 to fix the Browse by Genre problem. Unfortunately the update seems to have made things worse. After completely uninstalling then re-installing the updated version, I'm now getting nothing being populated for "Instant Queue:All --> Recommended" and everything after gets "Error: Script Failed!". The XBMC Flicks Add-On seems completely broken in v.1.0.20.Sad

Update: It's now late afternoon and just for the hell-of-it I tried the Netflix add-on again and viola! Every magically works now so I don't know what the problem was this morning with the Script Failed Errors after the update but what ever, I'm just glad it's all ok now. Wooohoo!Laugh

- Macnemarion - 2011-05-11

The iewrap.exe is throwing an error back in my face anytime i try to use a keyboard shortcut to do pretty much anything. I am using the same playercorefactory as everyone else with Focus as an argument.

Regular iexplore.exe is working though but it is not getting focus. Is there any way I can give iexplore focus or a way I can fix iewrap so it takes commands without exiting?

-Mac

- fekker - 2011-05-12

Macnemarion Wrote:The iewrap.exe is throwing an error back in my face anytime i try to use a keyboard shortcut to do pretty much anything. I am using the same playercorefactory as everyone else with Focus as an argument.

Regular iexplore.exe is working though but it is not getting focus. Is there any way I can give iexplore focus or a way I can fix iewrap so it takes commands without exiting?

-Mac

what error?

- Macnemarion - 2011-05-12

On my Win7 machine when I go to fullscreen either by clicking on the button or using F it just goes black after that it will not take any more input from the keyboard and I have to exit out of it by using the red X.

On my XP machine it gives a generic app crash that I cannot recreate at the time but I will post tomorrow with the error code once I get time to make it do it again.

The above two scenarios only happen with iewrap.exe , I have also found that on my 7 machine the iewrap is not getting focus either.

I came from boxee over to XBMC purely on the fact that this netflix app seems to be getting updated regularly where boxee's is not. So I thank you for the work that you put into this and keep it up!

-Mac

Ok I was able to recreate it, what information do you need from the error, it is just windows telling me that iebrowser has encountered a problem and need to close

Error Signature
Code:
AppName: iewrap.exe      AppVer: 1.0.0.2     AppStamp:4dc21800
ModName: unknown      ModVer: 0.0.0.0      ModStamp:00000000
fDebug: 0       Offset: 003620d8

If you need anything from the error report contents let me know.

Update: My event viewer shows that the error is a .NET runtime error so let me go ahead and see if I can update since this is a fresh XP install and I have to update all the way from service pack 1, might not have gotten around to that update yet.

Update: The updates did not work

- Adam B. - 2011-05-12

I'm not sure if anyone else saw the news that Netflix is coming to Chrome & Linux soon: http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2011/05/10/netflix-finally-coming-to-linux-and-chrome-os/

Would be great if then this plugin could be updated to support all OS's. Smile

- fekker - 2011-05-12

Adam B. Wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else saw the news that Netflix is coming to Chrome & Linux soon: http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2011/05/10/netflix-finally-coming-to-linux-and-chrome-os/

Would be great if then this plugin could be updated to support all OS's. Smile

Very cool, the plugin should already work with linux (save for some changes to playercorefactory.xml for pathing to the browser)
All that i'd have to do is put linux in the supported addon config.

in other news, thanks for the info on the iewrap error i'll check it

No xbmc.log - oroyce - 2011-05-12

I can't seem to find a xbmc.log file. When I open a link in XBMCflicks it kicks me out to IE where I log in but then when I go back to XBMC I can only choose CANCEL after which it just hangs requiring me to Ctrl-Alt-Del and ending the process (after memorizing the keyboard sequence 'cause I couldn't switch out of the XBMC screen. ANy help would be appreciated.

oroyce Wrote:I can't seem to find a xbmc.log file. When I open a link in XBMCflicks it kicks me out to IE where I log in but then when I go back to XBMC I can only choose CANCEL after which it just hangs requiring me to Ctrl-Alt-Del and ending the process (after memorizing the keyboard sequence 'cause I couldn't switch out of the XBMC screen. ANy help would be appreciated.

if on XP go to run > %appdata%\XBMC
if on 7 just use your search function in the start menu > %appdata%\XBMC

I ran into something like the hang that you are experiencing , I think mine just kind of fixed it's self. Just worked after enough tries. Are you experiencing cpu spikes when it happens I know I was.

- gigabitfx - 2011-05-13

Hey guys, im having a problem. The script works fires up silverlight and ie and what not, plays the video however im not using my hdmi as the default playback device in windows. I have the hdmi and the hdtv statically configured in xbmc and is working great with all other plugins, except the netflix one. I noticed if i move an iexplore window over to the hdtv monitor and close it, i can get xbmc to fullscreen on the correct display, however the audio is going to my desktop speakers. Realizing how netflix stream im not sure if its possible to have a real xmbc netflix addon. Any suggestions? Finally i seen another post in regards to having xbmc fireing up media center, however media center doesnt have the option to select audio devices, rather it just uses the default playback device set in windows. I am able to configure windows media player to use a device other than the default windows, but im not sure if its technically possible to stream netflix through media player.

XBMC Flicks on Mac OS X - chrisjscott - 2011-05-13

Hey, all:

Considering moving from Boxee to XBMC (sick of Boxee never being updated). I'm working to get the XBMC Flicks add-on working and, after some struggling, got it registered to my system (note to others - the add-on doesn't appear to be able to register if you have any browser other than Firefox set as your default).

Anyhow, my question is whether or not XBMC Flicks is SUPPOSED to be kicking me to Firefox whenever I try to actually play a Netflix movie. I expected it to play the movie from within XBMC but I'm getting bumped over to my browser, which is a dealbreaker as it makes my Hamrony remote useless for control.

I suspect that this is NOT the intended behavior, that this may be related to my other difficulties with getting XBMC to talk properly to my browser, so I thought I'd ask.