Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- Macnemarion - 2011-05-13

chrisjscott Wrote:Hey, all:

Considering moving from Boxee to XBMC (sick of Boxee never being updated). I'm working to get the XBMC Flicks add-on working and, after some struggling, got it registered to my system (note to others - the add-on doesn't appear to be able to register if you have any browser other than Firefox set as your default).

Anyhow, my question is whether or not XBMC Flicks is SUPPOSED to be kicking me to Firefox whenever I try to actually play a Netflix movie. I expected it to play the movie from within XBMC but I'm getting bumped over to my browser, which is a dealbreaker as it makes my Hamrony remote useless for control.

I suspect that this is NOT the intended behavior, that this may be related to my other difficulties with getting XBMC to talk properly to my browser, so I thought I'd ask.

This is the intended behavior if you set firefox as the browser you choose in your playercorefactory.xml file.
I think that some where earlier in the thread someone else asked a similar question and Fekker said that we won't be able to use XBMC as a wrapper until XBMC and Netflix start working together and Netflix makes the App. Incase you didn't know Netflix makes and updates the app for Boxxee so if they did make it I feel that it would have sporadic updates like Boxxee's app does.

- fekker - 2011-05-14

html5 versions of netflix player are coming with chome os, that might open up some other possibilities (the biggest one being Linux support), Netflix Android support is out there now (for some phones).

i'd love to have it native to xbmc's player, but we do what we can with what we got. Event ghost can mimic commands, i've posted the code that's used in the browser wrapper, if someone wants to make another, please do, I can use all the help I can get

There's tons changing with silverlight 5 and the html5, alot of which will bring much easier controls that work with standard media center remotes (don't know about the osx/linux ones yet, too early to tell)

For the dual audio question, i'm not sure if you can get a browser forced to an audio playback device or not, and since the playback is your browser, that's where the setting would be required.

- spono - 2011-05-15

This is my first time using XBMC on a PC, so I might just be missing something simple, but I have two issues:

1. How do I get xbmcflicks to show the plot data like the images in the OP? I have a fresh windows 7 install of xbmc and xbmcflicks and it shows the art on the right, the list of title, year, rating and runtime on the left, and nothing else.

2. I have a bunch of titles in my instant queue that are no longer available (stuff that expired, but may come back for instant viewing later), and all of these show up in xbmcflicks. When I try to play one of these, the netflix error shows up in the iexplorer window saying the video is unavailable, which is expected. Is there a way to filter out these results when displaying the instant queue in xbmcflicks?

- EvilAlchemist - 2011-05-16

EvilAlchemist Wrote:Has anyone else noticed that "F" (Full Screen Keyboard Shortcut) no longer works?

I had my remote set to send that key when playback starts but now I have to use the mouse to manually hit the full screen button.

I tested this in chrome and IE so it must be something with silverlight.

Anyone have an idea on how to correct this?

It looks like it is an issue with Silverlight 5. Version 4 still works correctly.

- fekker - 2011-05-17

spono Wrote:This is my first time using XBMC on a PC, so I might just be missing something simple, but I have two issues:

1. How do I get xbmcflicks to show the plot data like the images in the OP? I have a fresh windows 7 install of xbmc and xbmcflicks and it shows the art on the right, the list of title, year, rating and runtime on the left, and nothing else.

2. I have a bunch of titles in my instant queue that are no longer available (stuff that expired, but may come back for instant viewing later), and all of these show up in xbmcflicks. When I try to play one of these, the netflix error shows up in the iexplorer window saying the video is unavailable, which is expected. Is there a way to filter out these results when displaying the instant queue in xbmcflicks?

for #1 - change to library view

for #2 - I had to remove the filter as netflix database is currently not returning the correct info for those shows. As soon as they fix that I can turn the filter back on, i could make that a user option as well, I will look into that. You could modify the the .py file and add the filter back in place, keeping in mind that it'll miss a bunch of your instant queue.
If you want to change that setting, see this post, add the /available back in (see OLD code for reference)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=775635&postcount=376

- spono - 2011-05-18

fekker Wrote:for #1 - change to library view

for #2 - I had to remove the filter as netflix database is currently not returning the correct info for those shows. As soon as they fix that I can turn the filter back on, i could make that a user option as well, I will look into that. You could modify the the .py file and add the filter back in place, keeping in mind that it'll miss a bunch of your instant queue.
If you want to change that setting, see this post, add the /available back in (see OLD code for reference)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=775635&postcount=376

thanks fekker, I'll give #2 a shot tomorrow

as for #1, here's what I'm seeing:

Instant queue

List of episodes in a show

Is this what you mean by library mode?

This is with the default skin, latest version of XBMC and 1.0.20 version of xbmc flicks on a fresh install of windows 7 x64

any ideas on how to get it to show the layout in the OP, or was that from a previous version?

- Macnemarion - 2011-05-18

spono Wrote:thanks fekker, I'll give #2 a shot tomorrow

as for #1, here's what I'm seeing:

Instant queue

List of episodes in a show

Is this what you mean by library mode?

This is with the default skin, latest version of XBMC and 1.0.20 version of xbmc flicks on a fresh install of windows 7 x64

any ideas on how to get it to show the layout in the OP, or was that from a previous version?

Change the View option to somethign else each skin has some diffrent ones

- member2004 - 2011-05-20

Is this work work for atvHuh I have installed on my atv and modified the file , now I don't get error but movie ro show not playing when I choose to playHuh

please help me.....
thanks

- fekker - 2011-05-23

member2004 Wrote:Is this work work for atvHuh I have installed on my atv and modified the file , now I don't get error but movie ro show not playing when I choose to playHuh

please help me.....
thanks
yes, it will work as long as you have a browser installed (first gen apple tv), apple tv 2 it won't work (no browser and it's got netflix already).

check xbmc log for error, the setting to tell xbmc where your browser is at is playercorefactory.xml (see first post in this thread for additional details)

- member2004 - 2011-05-23

I have atv2...so it won't work?..or is there a way that I can install it on my atv2?
thanks

- seand - 2011-05-23

member2004 Wrote:I have atv2...so it won't work?..or is there a way that I can install it on my atv2?
thanks

Isn't netflix already built into the apple-supplied software on the atv2? Wouldn't that be a better, more direct solution than a plug-in to XBMC that hacks into a browser running in the background that you don't have installed and can't install on your atv2, anyway?

I'm mystified why you would request this.

Edit: you get that this plug-in works by basically making a browser running Silverlight run in the background of XBMC. The ATV2 does not have a browser or Silverlight but it does have a built-in netflix interface that probably gets a higher prioritized feed from Netflix servers than a simple browser request does. So 1.) the things that make the atv2 not work have nothing to do with the plug-in and go well beyond the scope of the plug-in and 2.) probably wouldn't work as well with the hardware limitations of your box as what your atv2 already has built into it.

- warwon - 2011-05-23

I love this plugin but it's to complex for my setup.

I have a TV and a computer monitor hooked up.

HDMI and speakers.

I can force IE to the second screen, but I can't get it netflix to use the fullscreen unless I refocus the window using the mouse.

The audio can only be hdmi if I select it as a default device.

So it's a good little app but if you have a crazy setup it's a nightmare to use.

Script error. - Klev - 2011-05-24

Nevermind fixed my problem!

- Sycobob - 2011-05-25

I'm having trouble with the plugin. I get a script error if I try to access any lists (Instant Queue, etc). I've checked the advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml files and they seem to be set up correctly. I'm running Win7 Ultimate x64 with the latest stable release of XBMC.

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/MkxuMYYE

Now I just feel dumb. I managed to get it to work by setting IE to my default browser and it finally brought up the page to authorize my computer instead of giving me a script error. Once I authorized it, I was able to set Firefox back to my default browser. Kind of an odd way to have to do it, but it works. Thanks for the awesome plugin. I can't believe I've been using XBMC for like 8 years.

full screen for new wrapper - Heiko - 2011-05-26

Hi there,
I got pretty much everthing working - add-on - wrapper

but when I use the wrapper instead of iexplorer I don't get it to open in full screen.
I have tried -k but doesn't change how the wrapper opens the stream.
what can I do? I also noticed that most of the key functions are not working. f10 just freezes up the wrapper.

Keep up the good work.