Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

How I got it to work... - caprirs302 - 2011-05-27

After days and days of this plugin not working for me (the box to link to netflix never popped up) and deleting and recreating the xml files a hundred times, I gave up and tried to use WMC 7 for my netflix. To my surprise that didn't work either, it told me that my time and date were wrong. I checked my clock, the time was right but my time zone was incorrect. After changing it I tried XBMC Flicks again and it worked flawlessly! Hope this helps someone...

OSX browser requirement - mazerrackham - 2011-05-27

It appears that in order to authorize XBMC Flicks on OSX you need to have Firefox installed and have it set as your default browser. Otherwise you never get the pop-up from Netflix to link your account.

Just in case someone else runs into this...

- Rabid - 2011-05-29

Well this plug-in is a bit of a disaster, at least on OSX. I give up trying to get it authorized.

- olson2334 - 2011-05-30

I am new to xbmc but want something to play netflix on my tv and already have a pc hooked up to my tv and came across this thread.

Is it possible to install this on xbmc live? I have xbmc currently installed on a usb drive and would love to be able to get flicks functioning too.

Any help would be great. thanks.

- statious - 2011-05-30

I noticed the prior post concerning Genres and a modification. I see you were able to update the code but I am still unable to generate the Genres for instant watching. Is this a known issue or something unique to the way the API works?

Movie keeps playing without window - 1@berdash - 2011-05-31

I am running XBMC under a fully-patched Win7/32bit and have tried the plugin and went through the various setup steps described here. I can browse and start a movie and it plays ok. It doesn't play in full-screen but I'll worry about that later. My biggest problem is that when I hit the stop button the window disappears and it goes back to desktop then XBMC and the movie list just like it should, BUT something keeps playing without video output in the background. I can still hear the audio and one iexplore.exe is still running. I have to kill it manually in the task manager. During play there are two iexplore.exe running. There is really nothing special about my setup, except perhaps that I use EventGhost with a cheapo remote to send commands to XBMC. IE is the default browser. BTW I am on Netflix Canada.

Any tips or hints?

- phertiker - 2011-05-31

olson2334 Wrote:Is it possible to install this on xbmc live? I have xbmc currently installed on a usb drive and would love to be able to get flicks functioning too.

Yes, but since Live is a Linux XBMC install see this bit from the OP:

Quote:Limitations:
Linux - No Playback Support, you could use it to add/remove/search for items, but playback will not work
- Linux Playback is not supported and will not be unless Microsoft makes Silverlight for Linux, or Netflix uses something else (There's some chatter about HTML5). There are no workarounds at this time.

- Charlie97L - 2011-06-01

two questions, as i'm pretty new to xbmc.

one, where does this plugin show up? i don't see it anywhere, where i can activate it.

also, is it possible to get it on the main menu?

sorry if i'm new to xbmc i'm REALLY new to addons and their use.

thanks!
Charlie

- fekker - 2011-06-02

1@berdash Wrote:I am running XBMC under a fully-patched Win7/32bit and have tried the plugin and went through the various setup steps described here. I can browse and start a movie and it plays ok. It doesn't play in full-screen but I'll worry about that later. My biggest problem is that when I hit the stop button the window disappears and it goes back to desktop then XBMC and the movie list just like it should, BUT something keeps playing without video output in the background. I can still hear the audio and one iexplore.exe is still running. I have to kill it manually in the task manager. During play there are two iexplore.exe running. There is really nothing special about my setup, except perhaps that I use EventGhost with a cheapo remote to send commands to XBMC. IE is the default browser. BTW I am on Netflix Canada.

Any tips or hints?
try it with firefox, it might be some eventghost thing or just ie hanging open for some reason.

Code:
two questions, as i'm pretty new to xbmc.

one, where does this plugin show up? i don't see it anywhere, where i can activate it.

also, is it possible to get it on the main menu?

sorry if i'm new to xbmc i'm REALLY new to addons and their use.

thanks!
Charlie
In XBMC, Video > Video Addon's .. should find it listed there unless your running under Linux as that's not yet supported

Code:
Linux Support
As soon as chrome os's plugin reveals the html5 that works under linux, the plugin will get updated. Chrome OS is based off ubuntu (i think), that part is cool, but the html5 player is what's going to make it possible.

Nothing is ready yet, nothing is released yet, when chrome os hits, look for an update soon after.

hope this helps somebody - xekon - 2011-06-02

for reference my htpc running XBMC is using windows xp pro

long story short if XBMC just hangs on 0% when trying to authorize then install google chrome and make it your default browser and try again.

long story:
I installed this addon because I just got netflix. When I would enter the addon, then go to browse my queue, or any category for that matter. It would open a web browser to authorize XBMC. I would click authorize and netflicks would reply like it worked, then when I tab back into XBMC its just hung on 0%. I would try it over and over and over, but it just woulndt work.

Well I decided to try another browser and sure enough! that was the issue.

I installed GOOGLE CHROME AND MADE IT MY DEFAULT BROWSER, also double check that you are able to instant watch movies in google chrome, if not install the software it prompts you to install. After making google chrome your default browser you should now be able to successfully authorize XBMC to access your netflix account.

- benjammin - 2011-06-04

I've just started playing with xbmc. I installed the netflix add on and managed to get it to work so far that it will browse and play but will open a tab in firebox and player in the browser behind xbmc.

I've read through this post enough ( I hope ) but haven't found a solution to getting it to play full screen in front of xbmc, in mac os x.

Does someone have an answer? Thank you!

- Xaeonis - 2011-06-07

Loving this plugin! I just wish there was a better way to control the netflix menu items (play, pause, etc) with my remote. It works pretty natively through xbmc, without too much hassle or issue.

However, the link to using AutoHK and whatnot for remotes is outdated, and doesnt work with the silverlight stuff being updated. Last major update was back in 09 and there was work being done on it.

Any way we can get an update to remotes working, or possibly getting xbmc to send the appropriate keys to the netflix window? That would make this plugin amazing!

Netflix Video Stutters, Jerks from scene to scene - blueturtles - 2011-06-08

Hi,

I was so happy to discover that XBMC had an add-on for Netflix and now if I could just get it working, I would be thrilled! Thanks for making the add-on by the way!!

The add-on is installed and I can get to Netflix, but the video stutters and is jerky from scene to scene. I can get the first 15 seconds of the movie to play and then it is un-watchable.

I am using a Window 7 machine (brand new, bought just so I could stream video, especially Netflix, to the TV) with an Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor and 1GB of memory.

Could it be the memory issue? Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I hope I have asked this question in the correct forum. I have searched and could find an answer anywhere else.

- Macnemarion - 2011-06-08

blueturtles Wrote:Hi,

I was so happy to discover that XBMC had an add-on for Netflix and now if I could just get it working, I would be thrilled! Thanks for making the add-on by the way!!

The add-on is installed and I can get to Netflix, but the video stutters and is jerky from scene to scene. I can get the first 15 seconds of the movie to play and then it is un-watchable.

I am using a Window 7 machine (brand new, bought just so I could stream video, especially Netflix, to the TV) with an Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor and 1GB of memory.

Could it be the memory issue? Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I hope I have asked this question in the correct forum. I have searched and could find an answer anywhere else.

What does you Hardware Monitor look like when you are watch a movie?

I am leaning towards it is a mix between your memory and your Cpu.
I use about a 1.5 gigs just sitting with Win 7 idle, of course it is Ultimate (which inherently more stuff running) and I have maybe 3 pieces of software load on boot.

OSX help - hey58 - 2011-06-08

I am trying to get XBMC flicks running on OSX 10.6.7. Following the FAQs I am able to link the add-on with my Netflix account, however when I try to view my instant queue it is empty. In the log file I receive:

Code:
14:11:57 T:2959892480 M: 44851200  NOTICE: {u'status': {u'status_code': 401, u'message': u'Invalid Or Expired Token'}, u'error': True}