Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- RGB_Gamer - 2011-07-17

Repeater07 Wrote:xboxbox451...

thanks for the xml on your Eventghost setup. I used this as my base...and this may not be the correct form for my question...so slap me down if so...

I have everything working with the the netflix and XBMC from a software point of view...just not from the remote...I used your file you provided as a base and the only delta is the remote I am using is the base mode...which works great for xbmc...but when I click to netflick window the commands seem to lose focus and I can't ensure the commands work...did you have to do anything to ensure "focus" was on netflix (iexplorer)? or am i missing something?

Would you mind providing xml files so I can get my Windows 7 64-bit machine with XBMC working with Netflix? The wife really would appreciate it!

- Petoria - 2011-07-20

Can someone look at this xml file for me and tell me where I went wrong. I'm guessing I put things out of order and it's not working. If I delete say all the lines for netflix, the regular player and ISO automount will work. Thanks in advanced

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
    <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
   -->
    <player name="PowerDVD11" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISO Mount ini.exe</filename>
    <args>-iso "{1}" -useIni "C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISOMount.ini"</args>
        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>     <forceontop>false</forceontop>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
            <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player> <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer"> <filename>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename> <args> "{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>false</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player>  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
  <rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.iso" player="PowerDVD11"/>
<rule name="html" filetypes="*html" player="IE"/>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

- fekker - 2011-07-21

Petoria Wrote:Can someone look at this xml file for me and tell me where I went wrong. I'm guessing I put things out of order and it's not working. If I delete say all the lines for netflix, the regular player and ISO automount will work. Thanks in advanced

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   -->
            <filename>C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISO Mount ini.exe</filename>
    <args>-iso "{1}" -useIni "C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ISOMount.ini"</args>
            <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player> <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer"> <filename>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename> <args> "{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc> <hideconsole>false</hideconsole> <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player>  </players>

<rules action="prepend">

<rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />

<rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

You have an un-closed element for the rules.
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
see how it says <rules action="prepend"> .. there needs to be an end tag or that section needs to be rewritten as the <rules name="system rules"> ... section is there and ends properly

you can try adding the end tag to the first rules element, but it's going to depend if it will read multiple elements for the rules or if they all need to be in the <rules> .... </rules> section
Code:
  </rules>

but that might not work

- samzstein - 2011-07-23

my TV and Movie queues keep coming up empty,
http://pastebin.com/G4YAZpc8
link to my log file. please help Smile

- Petoria - 2011-07-23

fekker Wrote:You have an un-closed element for the rules.
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
see how it says <rules action="prepend"> .. there needs to be an end tag or that section needs to be rewritten as the <rules name="system rules"> ... section is there and ends properly

you can try adding the end tag to the first rules element, but it's going to depend if it will read multiple elements for the rules or if they all need to be in the <rules> .... </rules> section
Code:

but that might not work

After playing around with it to see what works, i've gotten my auto mount and netflix to work by placing
Code:
  </rules>
after the system rules. But when I play regular MKV files, it's not using xbmc default player. I'm not sure what order it reads the stuff so I don't know where to put the rules for netflix now =/

- sparafucile17 - 2011-07-24

Hi,

I am using XBMC for windows7 using the PVR build called: "Update: 05-06-2011: (EPG bugfix) Prebuild Windows setup of XBMC Dharma 10.1 + PVR v2 (github/margro PVR build, updated @05-06-2011)". In addition I am using the configurable confluence skin.

My problem is that xbmc flicks is not available as an add-on. I right-clicked on the xmbc.org and even forced an update and still nothin Sad I found the direct download link (on page 23 of this thread I think) but when I try to install from ZIP file, it still does not show up in the Programs menu.

Any clue what is going on or why this add-on is not in the build that I'm using?

Thanks,
Jeff

- fekker - 2011-07-24

sparafucile17 Wrote:Hi,

I am using XBMC for windows7 using the PVR build called: "Update: 05-06-2011: (EPG bugfix) Prebuild Windows setup of XBMC Dharma 10.1 + PVR v2 (github/margro PVR build, updated @05-06-2011)". In addition I am using the configurable confluence skin.

My problem is that xbmc flicks is not available as an add-on. I right-clicked on the XBMC.org and even forced an update and still nothin Sad I found the direct download link (on page 23 of this thread I think) but when I try to install from ZIP file, it still does not show up in the Programs menu.

Any clue what is going on or why this add-on is not in the build that I'm using?

Thanks,
Jeff

It should be under video addon's

- fekker - 2011-07-24

samzstein Wrote:my TV and Movie queues keep coming up empty,
http://pastebin.com/G4YAZpc8
link to my log file. please help Smile

not seeing any errors in the log
what exactly are you choosing from the menu's (please list what your clicking on in order so I can try to reproduce it)

- fekker - 2011-07-24

Petoria Wrote:After playing around with it to see what works, i've gotten my auto mount and netflix to work by placing
Code:
  </rules>
after the system rules. But when I play regular MKV files, it's not using xbmc default player. I'm not sure what order it reads the stuff so I don't know where to put the rules for netflix now =/

that means it's only reading the first element named rules, which totally makes sense from an xml parsing perspective.

combine the two rules sections so there is only one element (aka section) that starts with <rules ...> and then ends with </rules>

an quick easy check for xml files is to open them with IE as it checks the xml format for tag errors (those are the areas like <rules>...</rules>)

- Petoria - 2011-07-25

fekker Wrote:that means it's only reading the first element named rules, which totally makes sense from an xml parsing perspective.

combine the two rules sections so there is only one element (aka section) that starts with <rules ...> and then ends with </rules>

an quick easy check for xml files is to open them with IE as it checks the xml format for tag errors (those are the areas like <rules>...</rules>)

I've been messing with it for the past couple hours and really can't get what I want lol. I just want everything to work and I've come to this playercorexml file. My automount for bluray works and regular mkv files work. It's really down to where I put this last line and I can't figure it out. I need to out where to put
Code:
<rule name="IE" filetypes="*.html" player="IE">

I've tried putting it in various places after the "System rules" part but the automount stops working and when I play mkv files, it comes up with a window to download the file.

Here's the xml code for what I have so far...just need to figure out where to put the line above so everything will work (btw I think having two "rule" elements/sections is ok since it's working fine with what I have so far)
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
   -->
            <hidecursor>false</hidecursor> </player>
     <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
        <filename>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>
    <args> "{1}"</args> <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc><hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor> </player>
    </players>

<rules action="prepend">
  <rule filetypes="iso" filename="*.iso" player="PowerDVD11" />
  </rules>

</rule>

<!-- DVDs -->

</rules>    
</playercorefactory>

- sparafucile17 - 2011-07-26

fekker Wrote:It should be under video addon's

It is not under video addon's for my setup described above. I'd like to know how install the addon outside of XMBC (via zipfile). Is there anything that needs to be done besides dropping the contents of the ZIP file directly into the \addons\ folder?

I also noticed that my skin has it's own \addons\ folder... should it be copied here instead of the the main addons folder?

Also, does the "install from zip" feature work with xbmc flicks?

- Jeff

Flicks loading directory just hangs...help - mamibg - 2011-07-30

I ran the flicks addon and clicked on instant movies it then opened IE and asked for my login info. I set it up and then closed IE and resumed XBMC. I dont quite remember what xbmc asked me next, but it was in the lines of setting up netflix and clicking ok when done. So I did. Then the loading directory just hangs and shows 0 retrieved items.

- thatvan - 2011-07-31

I can open Netflix and the player will start but I keep getting the following Netflix error:

Digital Rights Management (DRM) Error
Error Code:N8156-6013
We're sorry, but there is a problem playing protected content.
The date on your computer is set to 7/30/2011, which may be incorrect.
Please correct the date on your computer and try again.

I checked and reset my date and time to the internet server and I still get the same error.

Windows 7 Ultimate
Latest version of XBMC
http://pastebin.com/SLLNZxX1
Any ideas?

Ian

- sparafucile17 - 2011-08-01

All,

sorry for the confusion from my previous post. I was never able to get the pluggin from within XBMC but eventually the manual copy-and-paste did work. My biggest problem was that I didn't realize this was listed under the "Video addons" category. I was constantly looking under the "Program addons" section because on my last XBMC version that was where it was located. Heck for all I know that is where I needed to go to download the addon from within XBMC!!!

My last question (and I think alot of people have asked this) is how to get a remote to work inside IE once netflix is running? I have Win7 (64-bit) and once I log into Netflix from this addon, all remote control operations are dead. I am basically forced to use the keyboard to do anything in Netflix.

I would really like to use a remote exclusively and think that maybe someone out there may have already solved this issue...

- Jeff

- Chimera2345 - 2011-08-02

I use EventGhost to detect when an IE window starts, and then configured it to send the appropriate keypresses to the Netflix gui when the remote buttons are pressed. Then I have the exit button on my remote bound to Alt-F4 to kill the IE session and return to XBMC.

Here are the Netflix keyboard shortcuts for anyone that needs them : http://markwarren.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/netflix-movie-player-keyboard-shortcuts/