Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- cfg9000 - 2011-09-27

I'm at a complete loss here. I've done everything exactly as described numerous times, and I can't get anything out of this plugin but a script error. I even tried the iewrap modification, and same result.

Getting canadian users working - mobarton - 2011-09-27

I read the previous post on getting canadian users working, but I had trouble with it. I ended up having to change the code in iqueue.py that opens the playback window some from the suggestion provided.

In the section that starts instant playback;

url=http://movies.netflix.com/" + player + "?movieid=" + id + "\">

which worked for canadian IP & account. (along with changing "www.netflix.ca" to "ca.netflix.com" elsewhere per original post)

I did same for the not canadian portion, as I also use VPN. I don't know if that would cause an issue for US account holders or not. It works well for me. I can't play everything but I do get more content.

Thanks, Mike Barton.

- mobarton - 2011-09-28

cfg9000, when you say you get a script error, what specifically are you doing?
You say it is when you try to run the plugin, do you mean specifically when you go to Videos, Add Ons, and select the add on? ( I am going by memory, so the text may be different)

Got Genre working - mobarton - 2011-09-29

I found the cause of Genre not working.

In iqueue.py the line to do the matching for the genre values isn't matching the format of the data. The current line has;

reobj = re.compile('"uri": "http://odata.netflix.com/Catalog/Genres\\(\'(?P<linkname>[^\']*?)\'\\)", "type": "NetflixCatalog.Model.Genre".*?}, "Name": "(?P<displayname>.*?)", "Titles": {', re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)

and now there is a dot between Netflix and Catalog, plus the Model value is now v2. Like this;

reobj = re.compile('"uri": "http://odata.netflix.com/Catalog/Genres\\(\'(?P<linkname>[^\']*?)\'\\)", "type": "Netflix.Catalog.v2.Genre".*?}, "Name": "(?P<displayname>.*?)", "Titles": {', re.DOTALL | re.MULTILINE)

Now my Genre selections work, or seem to. This is the first time I have seen them, so not positive original design.

- cfg9000 - 2011-09-29

mobarton Wrote:cfg9000, when you say you get a script error, what specifically are you doing?
You say it is when you try to run the plugin, do you mean specifically when you go to Videos, Add Ons, and select the add on? ( I am going by memory, so the text may be different)

I can get to the first menu, where I can select queue or the other choices. Clicking any of them results in the script error, rather than reaching out to IE for account details or whatever it's supposed to do.

- mobarton - 2011-09-29

cfg9000 Wrote:I can get to the first menu, where I can select queue or the other choices. Clicking any of them results in the script error, rather than reaching out to IE for account details or whatever it's supposed to do.

Are you running 10.1 or a nightly build?
The first time adding the add on and you go in on something that needs Netflix data, it should pop up IE to connect the app as allowed.

Did that happen? Did you log in to netflix, click on the "Yes link to this account" button?

Then after that, back to XBMC and click the Ok button on the box asking if you did the link?

It should then in XBMC say that Settings Complete, You must restart XBMC

Then restart before using the add on.

I found I did not need to do any other config to get this working. It is optional to change the external viewer to use the wrapper version, and I would recommend get it working first.

If you followed all these steps, personally I would uninstall, but check the check box to remove the user config files, then reinstall and try to follow the steps again.

Oh, don't use the nightly build to be safe.

Hope this helps, Mike

- CWTech - 2011-10-03

Ok.. I've read through all 63 pages of information here and seen several references for people asking for help to get the Netflix window to open up on something besides the primary display and I have even seen one or 2 references to people managing to make it happen but I have yet to see some for of explanation that works properly and simply. I would use the trick where in I open IE on the "3rd" monitor, my flatscreen tv" and then close it there so it opens there by default but I need to use IE for other things that just don't work correctly in firefox, like my work training site. So having IE open on a screen that isn't always on isn't a useful fix for me. Often I like to put my show, movie, what have you on as background noise/distraction while I surf the web or do my training. Can someone offer a more fluid working solution to the multiple display problem and perhaps a bit of a howto to go along with it? Ideally it would be nice to get it to work like native XBMC where it can be set to a display/audio output independently as I use the 3rd monitor and the optical digital out for XBMC output and my main dual monitor setup and the regular sound output and speakers for my daily PC tasks. Up until now everything has worked fairly well and basically fluid.

I mean it basically works.. I would just would like it to work a little differently and better if possible.

My setup is as follows.
AMD Triple core
4Gb ram
Dual LG 21.6" monitors connected to a Radeon HD2600xt
Single 32" Daytek LCD TV hooked to the onboard video out as monitor 3
Gyration MCE remote running through Event Ghost (which I need to tweak a little)
Sony HT receiver using Optical digital out from the PC for 5.1 surround sound.

- skewba98z28 - 2011-10-17

I fired up the add-on and when it asked to authorize my acct I canceled the browser and hit ok because I forgot my acct wasn't active. How can I get it to ask for my login info again. I uninstalled the add-on and reinstalled with now luck.

Some possibilities opening Netflix on secondary monitor. - mobarton - 2011-10-17

I don't have multi monitors, but maybe try using the IE Wrapper on page 1, see if you can get it to open on a specific monitor.
Or try to use chrome now that it works with Netflix. It would need to be added as a player per instructions on the first page or if you have never manually added a player, edit the current file to change from IE to Chrome, and I have not tried to use it myself, so these are just suggestions Smile

CWTech Wrote:Ok.. I've read through all 63 pages of information here and seen several references for people asking for help to get the Netflix window to open up on something besides the primary display and I have even seen one or 2 references to people managing to make it happen but I have yet to see some for of explanation that works properly and simply. I would use the trick where in I open IE on the "3rd" monitor, my flatscreen tv" and then close it there so it opens there by default but I need to use IE for other things that just don't work correctly in firefox, like my work training site. So having IE open on a screen that isn't always on isn't a useful fix for me. Often I like to put my show, movie, what have you on as background noise/distraction while I surf the web or do my training. Can someone offer a more fluid working solution to the multiple display problem and perhaps a bit of a howto to go along with it? Ideally it would be nice to get it to work like native XBMC where it can be set to a display/audio output independently as I use the 3rd monitor and the optical digital out for XBMC output and my main dual monitor setup and the regular sound output and speakers for my daily PC tasks. Up until now everything has worked fairly well and basically fluid.

I mean it basically works.. I would just would like it to work a little differently and better if possible.

My setup is as follows.
AMD Triple core
4Gb ram
Dual LG 21.6" monitors connected to a Radeon HD2600xt
Single 32" Daytek LCD TV hooked to the onboard video out as monitor 3
Gyration MCE remote running through Event Ghost (which I need to tweak a little)
Sony HT receiver using Optical digital out from the PC for 5.1 surround sound.

OSX issues - tsombrero - 2011-10-20

One easy bug-- on osx, the "startBrowser" fn in iqueue.py launches the url incorrectly. Instead of
Code:
cmd="open /Applications/Firefox.app '"+url+"'"
it should be
Code:
cmd="open '"+url+"'"

Even if firefox is installed the current method doesn't open it since Firefox.app is a folder. Just 'open'-ing the url directly will use the preferred browser and take care of launching a new instance or using a new tab in an existing instance.

A couple harder ones I am still looking into (sorry if these have been mentioned before but it's a very long thread):

- The first time you play a stream requires an additional browser login (click "remember me" and it's a one-time deal)
- Streams (all browser windows actually) open in the background, behind XBMC if running full-screen. So you need a keyboard/mouse to switch to the browser window and make it full-screen (not sure if this is by design).

- cfg9000 - 2011-10-20

mobarton Wrote:Are you running 10.1 or a nightly build?
The first time adding the add on and you go in on something that needs Netflix data, it should pop up IE to connect the app as allowed.

Did that happen? Did you log in to netflix, click on the "Yes link to this account" button?

Then after that, back to XBMC and click the Ok button on the box asking if you did the link?

It should then in XBMC say that Settings Complete, You must restart XBMC

Then restart before using the add on.

I found I did not need to do any other config to get this working. It is optional to change the external viewer to use the wrapper version, and I would recommend get it working first.

If you followed all these steps, personally I would uninstall, but check the check box to remove the user config files, then reinstall and try to follow the steps again.

Oh, don't use the nightly build to be safe.

Hope this helps, Mike

No, I just get a script failure rather than any IE pop-up. Strangely, there's nothing in the log file.

My issues with XBMC Flicks - admviper - 2011-10-24

I just finished reading through all 60+ pages of this thread as well as a few others, and I cannot find the answer to my issues. All of these problems have shown to be true on 3 different installations of the software

1) Browse by Genre is blank, there are 0 results returned whenever I click it

2) Searching newly added movies returns about 90% foreign films many of which state they cannot be played at this time, nor am I able to find them on another device say the Wii or XBox.

3) Searching for any title for instance say Star Trek, returns 19 TV shows, and 0 movies. Many TV shows are quite far fetched, such as Yo Gabba Gabba. Man in the Iron Mask returned every Iron Man animated show available, right after The Office

4) Recommended fails to return the same Recommended titles that show up online, and again seem to only return TV shows and not any movies.

5) I have no idea what the experimental Search does, but that always returns 0 regardless of what I search.

I know the account is properly synced as the only thing that does seem to be working correctly is what I recently play shows up online, even if there doesn't seem to be a recently watched queue in xbmc flicks.

Thank You for your help.

Won't load instant queue - seth.sanbower - 2011-10-25

Great plug-in.

I installed the plugin and completed the authorization process. I can watch video from the top 25, and new arrivals sections without any problems. But my instat queue is empty.

There is no userinfo.txt file in the plugin forlder and while I can see the "key" in the log file, there is no "secret" code in the log file.

Any suggestions?

-Thanks

Remote Control! - ivseenbetter - 2011-11-08

I'm not sure if I missed it, or what, but I haven't seen a clear cut guide on how to get an MCE remote to work with this plugin. Enter on my remote will pause/play a video but I can't do anything else.

I thought Auto Hot Key was outdated and based off of Silverlight 4 and I have no experience with Event Ghost. What is the easiest way to get remote control functionality with this plugin?

Need a bit of help - zeebrand - 2011-11-11

I'll start off first by saying that I love this plugin. MY favorite, by far, for XBMC. I've only used XBMC for about 2 months and this plugin has been a godsend.

Now onto my question:

Everything works fine but all of a sudden my playback for XBMC flicks is taking up more screen space than I have so I am only seeing about 2/3 of the picture. Is there any easy way to fix this? I'm not sure when the change occurred so I can't point specifically to what caused this but if anyone knows how to fix it that would be great.

Thanks