Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kevev - 2012-05-04

WooHoo! Go Fekker Go! Smile
WooHoo! Go Fekkery Go! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - fekker - 2012-05-05

Git archive has been updated with some fixes, give it a whirl (which means you will need to download the zip file again and replace the current files you are using)

Fix for poster display from history/watched items - fix by bengalih
Reduced history returned to 200 items, 500 items generally would time out
Fixed Synopsis parse issue
Fixed Director and Runtime parsing
Fixed quote in title name, added unsorted method to history and search - fix by bengalih

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-05-05

FYI for those still having issues with the watched check-box not working properly. Fekker is aware and currently investigating. Something has changed with Eden that we are still trying to figure out how the gui and or database is effected.

The maximum returned from 500 down to 200 is also hopefully a temporary fix. The issue is clearly with Netflix's side. It involves timeout issues between Netflix and Mashery (their API provider). It would seem that the long term fix may be an iterative query using smaller calls (say 100 items at a time). Fekker is aware of this as well, but this iterative code may take a little longer to implement if it is the desired solution.

(2012-05-05, 05:17)fekker Wrote: Git archive has been updated with some fixes, give it a whirl (which means you will need to download the zip file again and replace the current files you are using)

Fix for poster display from history/watched items - fix by bengalih
Reduced history returned to 200 items, 500 items generally would time out
Fixed Synopsis parse issue
Fixed Director and Runtime parsing
Fixed quote in title name, added unsorted method to history and search - fix by bengalih

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - omahagtp - 2012-05-06

Hello all,

New to XBMC Eden... had a modded xbox years ago and have now built a htpc. I've searched the thread, and don't see anyone else having this problem but I hope someone can assist.

Basically, I have Eden installed, XBMC Flicks installed, and I'm experimenting with XBMCFlix-o-mate to make it so I can use EventGhost with my remote to control Netflix via remote. Whatever, you all know. Currently when I try to exit XBMCFlicks (using alt+f4) it closes the Netflix window then immediately relaunches the same IE window. Over, and over again. ALT+F4, close, then open. Even when XBMCFlix-o-mate is not running in the background, I still can't get back to XBMC without getting to task manager and forcing processes to close.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-05-06

(2012-05-06, 02:06)omahagtp Wrote: Hello all,

New to XBMC Eden... had a modded xbox years ago and have now built a htpc. I've searched the thread, and don't see anyone else having this problem but I hope someone can assist.

Basically, I have Eden installed, XBMC Flicks installed, and I'm experimenting with XBMCFlix-o-mate to make it so I can use EventGhost with my remote to control Netflix via remote. Whatever, you all know. Currently when I try to exit XBMCFlicks (using alt+f4) it closes the Netflix window then immediately relaunches the same IE window. Over, and over again. ALT+F4, close, then open. Even when XBMCFlix-o-mate is not running in the background, I still can't get back to XBMC without getting to task manager and forcing processes to close.

Thanks

Hmm...I think I have seen something like this happen if you use the "Play from here" option in the sub-menu. The "Play from here" basically plays each episode from where you choose in sequential order. It has the annoying effect of reopening an IE window after you close one down to start each episode in sequential order.

Is this what you are doing? If not...what is IE launching every time you close it down? Is it reopening the same episode/movie or is advancing down a queue?

I don't use the "Play from here" because of this annoyance...but if you plan on using XBMCFlix-o-mate you don't need this feature anyway since XBMCFlix-o-mate will allow you to easily advance to the next episode anyway without closing down the browser.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - blaaah - 2012-05-06

on xbmc for IPHONE I tried downloading xbmcflicks from the default repository but it just says failed to install. so then i tried installing spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb via zip method but i keep getting the message that it is improper file structure and fails to install.
can i get a little help please? remember i need this for iphone.

my xbmc is 11.0

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - omahagtp - 2012-05-06

(2012-05-06, 05:39)bengalih Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 02:06)omahagtp Wrote: Hello all,

Thanks

Hmm...I think I have seen something like this happen if you use the "Play from here" option in the sub-menu. The "Play from here" basically plays each episode from where you choose in sequential order. It has the annoying effect of reopening an IE window after you close one down to start each episode in sequential order.

Is this what you are doing? If not...what is IE launching every time you close it down? Is it reopening the same episode/movie or is advancing down a queue?

I don't use the "Play from here" because of this annoyance...but if you plan on using XBMCFlix-o-mate you don't need this feature anyway since XBMCFlix-o-mate will allow you to easily advance to the next episode anyway without closing down the browser.

Great suggestion - although I haven't heard of this setting, and just investigated. Definitely was not doing that, just selecting any program causes this to happen.

I did an over the top install of XBMC and reset IE to default settings. No effect. Guess I shall try uninstalling XBMC Flicks and reinstalling.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-05-06

(2012-05-06, 06:50)blaaah Wrote: on xbmc for IPHONE I tried downloading xbmcflicks from the default repository but it just says failed to install. so then i tried installing spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb via zip method but i keep getting the message that it is improper file structure and fails to install.

my xbmc is 11.0

I highly doubt this works on iPhone for the main reason of Silverlight support (or lack thereof). I personally have never seen an iPhone install of XBMC, but I would surmise that many add-ons that rely on external application will not work. XBMCFlicks requires the launching of an external browser (via playercorefactory.xml, which I would surmise doesn't function on iPhone)....and even then once the browser was launched it would unlikely support Netflix due to no Silverlight.

Can you play Netflix from your iPhone's browser on it's own by visiting www.netflix.com? If not, then this will never work for you.

As far as the error message you are getting I would surmise you are unzipping the file properly. It seems several people on Macs have problems understanding how to properly unzip a file (or using a program that unzips them in a non-standard way).

There is a netflix stand-alone app for the iPhone isn't there? Why on earth would you want to even try to use this add-on instead?
(2012-05-06, 06:54)omahagtp Wrote: Great suggestion - although I haven't heard of this setting, and just investigated. Definitely was not doing that, just selecting any program causes this to happen.

I did an over the top install of XBMC and reset IE to default settings. No effect. Guess I shall try uninstalling XBMC Flicks and reinstalling.

You didn't state what show gets launched on each open....that might be a clue.
I suspect a reinstall may help as I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue....

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - omahagtp - 2012-05-07

(2012-05-06, 15:55)bengalih Wrote:
(2012-05-06, 06:50)blaaah Wrote: on xbmc for IPHONE I tried downloading xbmcflicks from the default repository but it just says failed to install. so then i tried installing spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb via zip method but i keep getting the message that it is improper file structure and fails to install.

my xbmc is 11.0

I highly doubt this works on iPhone for the main reason of Silverlight support (or lack thereof). I personally have never seen an iPhone install of XBMC, but I would surmise that many add-ons that rely on external application will not work. XBMCFlicks requires the launching of an external browser (via playercorefactory.xml, which I would surmise doesn't function on iPhone)....and even then once the browser was launched it would unlikely support Netflix due to no Silverlight.

Can you play Netflix from your iPhone's browser on it's own by visiting www.netflix.com? If not, then this will never work for you.

As far as the error message you are getting I would surmise you are unzipping the file properly. It seems several people on Macs have problems understanding how to properly unzip a file (or using a program that unzips them in a non-standard way).

There is a netflix stand-alone app for the iPhone isn't there? Why on earth would you want to even try to use this add-on instead?
(2012-05-06, 06:54)omahagtp Wrote: Great suggestion - although I haven't heard of this setting, and just investigated. Definitely was not doing that, just selecting any program causes this to happen.

You didn't state what show gets launched on each open....that might be a clue.
I suspect a reinstall may help as I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue....

Ah, true. Meant to state it was relaunching the same episode over and over. My over the top install did nothing. I just ripped it all out, reinstalled, and reconfigured. Thankfully I didn't have too many specialized settings yet. XBMC Flicks now closes with alt+f4 normally. Go figure. Thanks for the help regardless, I'm sure it won't be the last question.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Nightglow - 2012-05-09

Greetings,
I'm new to XBMC and to XBMCFlicks, and am having a problem with the latest build of the add-on.
Running XBMC version 11, on XP SP3. I'm installing the add-on via settings ->add-ons-> install from zip. Just fine to that point. Open the add-on under video add-ons, instant queue. At this point, I get an error that the script has failed to run. I am never given the screen to authorize Netflix. I found a previous post saying I needed Firefox. Installing Firefox to the default location hasn't resolved the issue. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - lestat1977uk - 2012-05-09

Welcome back Fekker

Now you are back are you able to shed some light on getting the plugin to work on UK Accounts? or is this just not possible?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - moviebuff - 2012-05-10

I seem to be able to get Netflix up and browse in XBMC and have verified and linked Netflix and stated its Netlfix Canada. Only thing is when I select the movie to play it goes to netflix but never finds it and says movie is unavailable. It seems it pulls info from Netflix that doesn't exist? Anyone encounter something like this

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Wintersdark - 2012-05-10

Yeah, IIRC there is a solution posted earlier in this thread. I'm on my phone so I can't look it up right now, though. I had this problem last time I tried to use xbmcflicks too.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - allyons16 - 2012-05-14

So, I'm new to using XBMC and XBMC Flicks and I am running OSX. I have Firefox installed and set as my default browser and my Netflix account has successfully authorized XBMC Flicks, BUT when I try and play any videos through XBMC flicks, it brings up firefox in the background and in order to view it I have to minimize or close XBMC and actually go to my web browser to watch.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mohanman - 2012-05-15

XBMC flicks doesn't work, especially on OSX, I hope you guys come out with a newer version. FOr the time I'm still using Plex's netflix app because that does seem to work.. any ideas?