Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mantene - 2012-05-17

The new Netflix web player makes this work so much better! http://blog.netflix.com/2012/05/updated-web-video-player.html

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mantene - 2012-05-17

(2012-05-17, 02:59)mantene Wrote: The new Netflix web player makes this work so much better! http://blog.netflix.com/2012/05/updated-web-video-player.html

The upside of the new web player is that with this set up with the iewrapper on Windows 7 I no longer need to hit the full screen button since the new player automatically fills the browser window and the window is already taking up the entire screen. It is one less step I need to do to watch something so I am all for it. Also, I can actually SEE the interface from far away and don't have to move closer the the TV to know where to click!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mohanman - 2012-05-17

How do you get it to work? I have os/x and when I click on a movie it does nothing, it says login with web browser, but the web browser doesn't do anything

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - CyberEvil - 2012-05-19

(2012-04-02, 07:56)CyberEvil Wrote: Hi there!

How one can change the database to be queried? my point is, being on Argentina, we have different content... each movie I see as a result, throws eventually to the "content not yet available" message.

So basically, how can I see the Argentine database?

Thanks much! Smile
Any ideas how to fix this? I would really love to have it working...

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Geoff Kennedy - 2012-05-21

So the difficulty I run into here is I have no Silverlight on my AppleTV. I have a Firefox browser installed on my AppleTV, that browser is thanks to the Firecore ATV Flash hack.

I have tried to install Silverlight with no success. AM I SOL?
(2012-05-15, 18:42)mohanman Wrote: XBMC flicks doesn't work, especially on OSX, I hope you guys come out with a newer version. FOr the time I'm still using Plex's netflix app because that does seem to work.. any ideas?

Can you tell me more about this working player?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Wintersdark - 2012-05-21

Why not just use the AppleTV's built in Netflix player? I'm pretty sure that's the only way you'll be able to view netflix on the ATV.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - EvilAlchemist - 2012-05-25

EvilAlchemist Wrote:Has anyone else noticed that "F" (Full Screen Keyboard Shortcut) no longer works?

I had my remote set to send that key when playback starts but now I have to use the mouse to manually hit the full screen button.

I tested this in chrome and IE so it must be something with silverlight.

Anyone have an idea on how to correct this?

It has been a while since I posted this, but I wanted to share my solution to this issue.

Some users have been using a 3rd party application to make the Netflix IE windows active, but here is another solution using no 3rd party software for active window selection.

Windows XP, Vista, and 7 all have a built in program called "Mouse Keys". When enabled, it turns your numberpad into a mouse. More Information HERE

Then I used the "MCERemoteMapper" to setup my WMC Remote.

I set the number "5" key to actually send Number Pad 5 , which is now left click with Mouse Keys Turned on.
I set the number "3" key to send the "F" key, for full screen.
I set the number "1" to ALT-F4

Since I never use the mouse on this system, it is always located in the center of the screen.
So, when i launch a netflix video, i hit my Remote 5 key, the Remote 3, then I have full screen video.
When done, I hit the Remote 1 Key Twice to take me back to XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - OtisPresley - 2012-05-25

I am in the US and encountering this same error message when using a post-Eden build. It worked fine in the official Eden 11.0 build. It seems to only occur while XBMC is running. I can take the exact same URL and play it fine in IE while XBMC is not running.

Resetting IE to defaults and clearing cookies and cache, and adding netflix.com to trusted sites did nothing for me. I have tried the latest for Eden from Git with no change. Is anyone else having this issue?

(2012-01-20, 20:16)Icarus3000 Wrote: Now when I click on a video it starts to load, but only gets to 7%. Then I get this error message from within the netflix window:

Code:
Internet Connection Problem
Error Code: N8106-152
An Internet or home network connection problem is preventing playback.  Please check your Internet connection and try again.
If the problem persists, please call Netflix at 1-877-499-4427.

I doubt it is a "real" internet or connection problem, as I can view the same videos just fine directly through internet explorer, and this error only pops up when I try to run through XBMC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - risner - 2012-05-29

Does anyone have it working in full screen on Mac/Macos with apple remote control again?
I used to have this working years ago, and I've been upgrading every update (now on 11.0) but it hasn't worked in forever.
I've posted on here before and I've tried every thread I can find, but everyone seems to have the same problem.

It works in the background (the video will properly play in the Firefox window under the XBMC interface.) But there is no way to bring the video full screen and on top, and once playing there is no way to fast forward, rewind, pause and stop the video playing in Firefox.

If it simply isn't ever going to work again, that is ok. Does anyone have another recommendation? I tried Plex but couldn't delete files with Plex and they admantly insisted they wouldn't ever be adding that feature. Are there any other media players other than XBMC that run on Mac Mini, play videos from a network share, and play netflix?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - OtisPresley - 2012-05-29

Does it work properly if you change the following to true in your playercorefactory.xml file?
Code:
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>

(2012-05-29, 07:44)risner Wrote: Does anyone have it working in full screen on Mac/Macos with apple remote control again?
I used to have this working years ago, and I've been upgrading every update (now on 11.0) but it hasn't worked in forever.
I've posted on here before and I've tried every thread I can find, but everyone seems to have the same problem.

It works in the background (the video will properly play in the Firefox window under the XBMC interface.) But there is no way to bring the video full screen and on top, and once playing there is no way to fast forward, rewind, pause and stop the video playing in Firefox.

If it simply isn't ever going to work again, that is ok. Does anyone have another recommendation? I tried Plex but couldn't delete files with Plex and they admantly insisted they wouldn't ever be adding that feature. Are there any other media players other than XBMC that run on Mac Mini, play videos from a network share, and play netflix?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - risner - 2012-05-29

(2012-05-29, 13:12)OtisPresley Wrote: Does it work properly if you change the following to true in your playercorefactory.xml file?
Code:

I just tried this with and without R+Kiosk (a plug in to force full screen in firefox) and it still plays in the background under the XBMC app.
With the audio playing, the mouse still controls the XBMC interface. If you stop the XBMC app (Exit) the mouse can't control the video playing in the window.

This is the same behaviour it has been since it originally broke (I think that was Sept 2010 if I remember correctly.)

I switched from the default of Safari to Firefox because previously it wasn't supposed to work on Safari any more.

I'm just hoping someone who uses Macos can clear up the issue, or to determine that it is broke and won't ever be fixed so I don't keep trying every couple weeks.
I've had Netflix this whole time and haven't watched a single show due to it not working. I don't have anything else to watch it on the TV.

Code:
Apple-TV:resources risner$ less playercorefactoryOSX.xml
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>/usr/bin/open</filename>
     <args>"{1}"</args>
     <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="htm" filetypes="htm" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - lestat1977uk - 2012-05-30

Now you are back are you able to shed some light on getting the plugin to work on UK Accounts? or is this just not possible?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kstefanec - 2012-06-01

I cannot exit from Netflix using Alt+F4. It is caught in a loop that just keeps reloading Netflix and I never end up back in XBMC. Am I doing something wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - igot6strings - 2012-06-05

Hey folks.

I'm having a heck of a time making XBMC Flicks use chrome or opera. I always end up with IE.
I have tried setting both chrome and opera as default in w7 but that doesn't work. Tried editing the playercorefactory but that didn't seem to do anything. Copy/pasted what i found a few dozen pages back.

I used:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Chrome" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Documents and Settings\xbmc\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application

\chrome.exe</filename>
<args>--start-maximized "{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="Chrome" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

No clue if i did that right cause i have no idea what i'm doing. I think i may have screwed up the location for chrome above.

Any help is appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - m7cky - 2012-06-05

With the new Netflix webplayer this add-on is now pretty much perfect!
Thanks for the effort!

I'm assuming there's no way to scrape though?