Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kebone - 2012-12-03

Everything in that list gets me giddy. If I had to prioritize what I personally would like to see implemented most, it would be the genres. That's my main source of netflix discovery. My wife, however, wants to "put a vote" in for recommendations as that's how she discovers new things on netflix.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - MrDamnation - 2012-12-04

Hey guys, I'm really sorry to be that dick, but I can't physically look through all 118 pages for my answer. Does this run inside of XBMC? Last time I checked I didn't think it did. And it was a very long time ago.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kebone - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 05:23)MrDamnation Wrote: Hey guys, I'm really sorry to be that dick, but I can't physically look through all 118 pages for my answer. Does this run inside of XBMC? Last time I checked I didn't think it did. And it was a very long time ago.

The menu is ran inside XBMC but when you select a video it's played inside a browser. Hope that's the answer you were looking for!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-03, 21:43)kebone Wrote: Everything in that list gets me giddy. If I had to prioritize what I personally would like to see implemented most, it would be the genres. That's my main source of netflix discovery. My wife, however, wants to "put a vote" in for recommendations as that's how she discovers new things on netflix.

Did you try my alpha release pg 116 I think, are the genres working for you in that? , I know the series are working in that version but the movies should be.

(2012-11-27, 00:11)hiorik Wrote: yabsie if you need help, please ask Wink

I am moving along well with the general python and netflix stuff, but I spend a lot of time fighting the xbmc api, if anyone knows much about dialog boxes in xmc script development, thats all thats stopping me from getting a very cool mufti field search out in short order

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kebone - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 08:21)yabsie Wrote: Did you try my alpha release pg 116 I think, are the genres working for you in that? , I know the series are working in that version but the movies should be.

I tried it when you initially posted it but it didn't show up in XBMC at all. Tried installing through XBMC as well as copying the files to the addons folder directly. I attempted it again just now and got the same result.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 08:45)kebone Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 08:21)yabsie Wrote: Did you try my alpha release pg 116 I think, are the genres working for you in that? , I know the series are working in that version but the movies should be.

I tried it when you initially posted it but it didn't show up in XBMC at all. Tried installing through XBMC as well as copying the files to the addons folder directly. I attempted it again just now and got the same result.

odd. maybe I packaged it badly,(I am new to this) any one else having the same problem?

(2012-12-04, 15:48)yabsie Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 08:45)kebone Wrote:

odd. maybe I packaged it badly,(I am new to this) any one else having the same problem?
I unzipped to a clean windows 7 install and it worked for me. Your XBMC directory should look something like:

Don't know what the problem was. But, I did a completely fresh install of XBMC and your addon is showing up now. Getting the same script error as I was having before, though. The error happens after linking the account in browser and clicking okay in XBMC. Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff. I do love the netflix app in XBMC so I'll continue to help anyway I can.

Code:
09:00:49 T:3392  NOTICE: USER INFO FILE LOC: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\userinfo.txt
09:00:49 T:3392  NOTICE: couldn't load user information from userinfo.txt file
09:00:49 T:3392  NOTICE: .. getAuth called ..
09:00:49 T:3392  NOTICE: OSX Setting is set to: False
09:00:49 T:3392  NOTICE: .. user configured ..
09:00:51 T:3392  NOTICE: Token did not contain any errors
09:00:51 T:3392  NOTICE: browser open has completed
09:01:00 T:3392  NOTICE: The dialog was displayed, hopefully you read the text and waited until you authorized it before clicking ok.
09:01:00 T:3392   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'>
09:01:00 T:3392   ERROR: Error Contents:
09:01:00 T:3392   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.1b\default.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.1b\resources\lib\menu.py", line 687, in <module>
                                                getInstantGenres()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.1b\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1934, in getInstantGenres
                                                initApp()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.1b\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1748, in initApp
                                                user = getAuth(netflixClient,VERBOSE_USER_LOG)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.1b\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 196, in getAuth
                                                tok = netflix.user.getAccessToken( MY_USER['request'] )
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.1b\resources\lib\Netflix.py", line 74, in getAccessToken
                                                response = client.connection.getresponse()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
                                                response.begin()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 391, in begin
                                                version, status, reason = self._read_status()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 355, in _read_status
                                                raise BadStatusLine(line)
                                            BadStatusLine
09:01:00 T:796   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=10001
09:01:00 T:796   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=10001) failed
09:01:00 T:3104  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:01:00 T:3104  NOTICE: ##########################################################
09:01:00 T:3104  NOTICE: Arg1: 0
09:01:00 T:3104  NOTICE: Arg2: ?mode=0
09:01:00 T:3104  NOTICE: Mode: 0
09:01:00 T:3104  NOTICE: ##########################################################
09:01:14 T:796  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
09:01:14 T:796  NOTICE: Saving settings
09:01:14 T:796  NOTICE: stop all
09:01:14 T:796  NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
09:01:14 T:796  NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
09:01:15 T:3388  NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: stop sap announcement listener
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: clean cached files!
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: unload skin
09:01:15 T:3444  NOTICE: StorageServer-1.3.0 Closed down
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: stop python
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: stopped
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: destroy
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: closing down remote control service
09:01:15 T:796  NOTICE: unload sections
09:01:16 T:796  NOTICE: destroy
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10013 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10014 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10015 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10016 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10017 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10018 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10019 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10107 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10115 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796 WARNING: Attempted to remove window 10104 from the window manager when it didn't exist
09:01:16 T:796  NOTICE: closing down remote control service
09:01:16 T:796  NOTICE: unload sections
09:01:16 T:796  NOTICE: application stopped...

(2012-12-04, 19:21)kebone Wrote: Don't know what the problem was. But, I did a completely fresh install of XBMC and your addon is showing up now. Getting the same script error as I was having before, though. The error happens after linking the account in browser and clicking okay in XBMC. Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff. I do love the netflix app in XBMC so I'll continue to help anyway I can.

Code:
k.
09:01:00 T:3392   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'httplib.BadStatusLine'>

Bad Status line.

This means your C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\u​serinfo.txt

is missing or empty.

What you need to do (and its ugly) (I will try and do a fix for this sometime)

turn your debugging on as high as possible. (in the setting for the plugin) and follow these instructions by Sirrico on page 114

Quote:-Install XBMCFlicks. Before trying it, right click the Add-On, goto Add-On Settings, Debugging Tab, and enable both options.
-Open XBMCFlicks, tell your browser okay, tell XBMC okay, enjoy the perpetual ping of failure. Close XBMC.
-Dig up your logfile, which (in Windows 7) is under username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC. It'll be the most recently modified version.
-Open it up (notepad is fine) and run a ctrl-f for 'key'; a couple clicks should take you to a line like this:
> NOTICE: and then put this key / secret in MY_USER.request: <
-Under that are two alphanumeric codes labeled 'key' and 'secret'. Copy them over, keep them secret, keep them safe, etc..
-Bounce over your userinfo file, under appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks. If there's no userinfo.txt file, I would expect it would work just fine if you created one.
-Open userinfo.txt in note pad, and copy in yabsie's syntax from above.
requestKey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
requestSecret=YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
accessKey=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
accessSecret=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Replace the xxxx's and zzzz's with the longer code labeled Key. Replace the YYYY's and OOOO's with the shorter code labeled secret. No spaces or apostrophe's needed apparently.
-Save, relaunch XBMC, and enjoy your hopefully now successful authentication

do not post these numbers to the forum, they represent your netflicks account and with those numbers people can pretend to be you

That does fix it to some extent.

What works after the fix:
- Top 25 New Arrivals
- All New Arrivals
- Browse by Genre
- Experimental Search

What comes up empty:
- Instant Queue (all 3 options)
- Recommended

What gives an error:
- Search

Many thanks for your efforts. Be sure to put up some kind of donation link upon release of your new Netflix addon so I can thank you properly.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Tim. - 2012-12-05

Thank you yabsie for your work with trying to fix this plugin. I actually really liked the XBMCFlicks plugin quite a bit when it worked. I have been observing this thread for several weeks hoping a solution would be made for my biggest request.

Instant Queue

You see even if we can't use the fun recommend movies, genre, search, etc; if we could at least view our Instant Queue we could manage all of that from our phones (Android/iPhone) Netflix apps. Add the movie to the instant queue, then open XBMCFlicks and choose the video. That's all I'm really looking for. Do you see any hope of getting the Instant Queue working again anytime soon? Not to make matters worse, but of course I plan to update to Frodo once it is launched stable (AudioEngine!). Any hopes of your new version of XBMCFlicks running on Frodo?

Again, thank you for all that you do!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-04, 23:05)kebone Wrote: That does fix it to some extent.

What works after the fix:
- Top 25 New Arrivals
- All New Arrivals
- Browse by Genre
- Experimental Search

What comes up empty:
- Recommended

What gives an error:
- Search

Many thanks for your efforts. Be sure to put up some kind of donation link upon release of your new Netflix addon so I can thank you properly.

Well the things you listed are the only things I "fixed" in the version i posted, and those are only partially fix as well, for example TV shows are not working in the generes, so expect more in the next week or two.

(2012-12-05, 01:37)Tim. Wrote: Instant Queue

Any hopes of your new version of XBMCFlicks running on Frodo?

I hope to gt the instants up and runnign soon too, I had them once but now I dont but I am sure I will again

I had a quick look at frodo api changes and I THINK it should 'just work' but I have not tried it yet, wannna play ginea pig? if so send me your logs on errors

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bobm - 2012-12-05

I'm also experiencing this on my Win 7 installation.

What comes up empty:
- Recommended

Looking forward to the update, thanks much.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 16:59)bobm Wrote: I'm also experiencing this on my Win 7 installation.

What comes up empty:
- Recommended

Looking forward to the update, thanks much.

The Recommended is not the same style of recommendations the NF usually does. It is ONLY based on your personal ratings, rather than what you watched

I typically don't rate things, do you? I always expected the recommendations were empty for me only because I never rated anything.

Does anyone who actually uses personal ratings get that option filled out? I guess I should rate things Smile

(funny enough I am not a big NF user, I have only had NF for 2 months, and want to cut the cable. This plugin didn't work, and I really wanted it to to see if I can use NF and 'other sources' t get enough content. )

(2012-12-05, 02:25)yabsie Wrote:
(2012-12-05, 01:37)Tim. Wrote: Instant Queue

Any hopes of your new version of XBMCFlicks running on Frodo?

I hope to gt the instants up and running soon too, I had them once but now I dont but I am sure I will again

I had a quick look at frodo api changes and I THINK it should 'just work' but I have not tried it yet, wannna play ginea pig? if so send me your logs on errors

I did a simple search of browse by G and it appeared to work in Frodo, but Frodo is changing and so is this plug in. i am not going to bother trying to make a official statement (as if anything I say is official : ) about Frodo until it is stable, but I see no reason it should not work (if not right away, soon after Frodo realease)

Also netflix is constantly changing their API, so this whole thing may just go away at any point (for example they used to support "recently watched " in the api but yanked it. oooo the wonders I could do with that *sigh* )

Anyone any good with images? I am ok but have little time for playing with them(too much time coding), I could use some help editing icon/thumbs and such for this plugin