Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - locoguano - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-17, 23:02)astromonkey Wrote: I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

I was like most of the recent posters and was able to get some things to come up but not the instant queue. I kept seeing the "Account inactive" message in the logs. Here's what I did to get it working for me. First I went and registered to get my own Netflix API key. I then used there API Auth Walkthrough @ http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough to authenticate and test out my API Key.

Then I went into iqueue.py and changed the following to use my application name and key.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'
API_SECRET = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then I deleted my old userinfo.txt and created a new one with the following information. The data for all of these should be on the Walkthrough page from Netflix.

requestKey=consumer_key
requestSecret=consumer_secret
accessKey=oauth_token
accessSecret=oauth_token_secret

I don't know what's wrong with the API key for this add in. It also looks like most people are entering the same two numbers in for the 4 strings in userinfo.txt, but there clearly should be a different oauth token ans secret for the accesskey and accesssecret. Hopefully some of this made some sense and helps someone.

When I do step 4 I get "Invalid Or Expired Token". It says that I am taking too long, but that's not true.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Yukonhijack - 2013-01-23

Where is the userinfo.txt file located? I think I have all the info that needs to be in it, but I cannot find the file location to replace the old userinfo.txt.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Revengeance - 2013-01-23

Yup, copy the whole thing. Mine looks kind of like this, but the length varies a little bit.
Quote:requestKey=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
requestSecret=bbbbbbbbbb
accessKey=cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
accessSecret=dddddddddddd

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Revengeance - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 06:02)Yukonhijack Wrote: Where is the userinfo.txt file located? I think I have all the info that needs to be in it, but I cannot find the file location to replace the old userinfo.txt.
This is the location for windows 7:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks

(2013-01-23, 05:04)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-01-17, 23:02)astromonkey Wrote: I finally got this add in working and wanted to share how I did it in hopes that it helps whoever is currently maintaining or trying to fix it.

I was like most of the recent posters and was able to get some things to come up but not the instant queue. I kept seeing the "Account inactive" message in the logs. Here's what I did to get it working for me. First I went and registered to get my own Netflix API key. I then used there API Auth Walkthrough @ http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough to authenticate and test out my API Key.

Then I went into iqueue.py and changed the following to use my application name and key.

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'

Then I deleted my old userinfo.txt and created a new one with the following information. The data for all of these should be on the Walkthrough page from Netflix.

requestKey=consumer_key
accessKey=oauth_token

I don't know what's wrong with the API key for this add in. It also looks like most people are entering the same two numbers in for the 4 strings in userinfo.txt, but there clearly should be a different oauth token ans secret for the accesskey and accesssecret. Hopefully some of this made some sense and helps someone.

When I do step 4 I get "Invalid Or Expired Token". It says that I am taking too long, but that's not true.
All I can think of is that you might be outside the US - in which case you MUST setup your clock/calendar to have the US timezone date and time. Otherwise maybe you have copied and pasted something wrong in the earlier steps - but I'm leaning more towards time-stamp problem...

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - locoguano - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 13:17)Revengeance Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 05:04)locoguano Wrote:

APP_NAME = 'xbmcflix'
API_KEY = 'xxxxxxxxxxxx'

requestKey=consumer_key
accessKey=oauth_token

All I can think of is that you might be outside the US - in which case you MUST setup your clock/calendar to have the US timezone date and time. Otherwise maybe you have copied and pasted something wrong in the earlier steps - but I'm leaning more towards time-stamp problem...

Nope... in the U.S. Clock is correct.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - astromonkey - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 05:04)locoguano Wrote: When I do step 4 I get "Invalid Or Expired Token". It says that I am taking too long, but that's not true.

First time I did it I got the exact same error, but when I did it a second time without pausing to read over everything, it worked fine.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - locoguano - 2013-01-24

Yeah... I've tried over and over... just not working.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - SubCool - 2013-01-24

Ok, so- 133 pages.
Is there an updated way to make this work?
I have tried to put it in the addin folder, install from zip.. and- im quite frustrated.
i have a kubuntu box, and when i try to install from zip, it says the structure is incorrect.

Is there an updated installation method?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Jonas.andero - 2013-01-24

Does this new XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks plugin only run on windows (I am running ubuntu)? Is it depending on a silverlight compatible browser?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - SubCool - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-24, 10:03)Jonas.andero Wrote: Does this new XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks plugin only run on windows (I am running ubuntu)? Is it depending on a silverlight compatible browser?

From what i read, it's not supported for linux.
But there is something else, that i havent been able to test.

http://www.iheartubuntu.com/2012/11/ppa-for-netflix-desktop-app.html

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - astromonkey - 2013-01-24

As far as I understand it, this add-on only works on Windows and Mac. I'm not the definitive source on this, but I think Linux is a no-go unless you want to get creative with Wine and run Windows software on your Linux machine.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - locoguano - 2013-01-25

Would anyone be willing to share their userinfo.txt? Maybe one person can make theirs the new "official" api... I have been trying to set mine up for myself but the walkthrough is not working and Netflix is offering no support.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - locoguano - 2013-01-25

Ok... Managed to get the whole walkthrough to work... YAY!

Still get no queue and "17:06:49 T:2176 NOTICE: {u'status': {u'status_code': 403, u'message': u'Account inactive'}, u'error': True}" in the log.

I must have something else incorrect... I pulled hte key and secret from another app and its still showing inactive.