Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-07-23

giftie Wrote:I see the issue.... You're starting the script, asking it to start with 'Pan's Labrinth' then the script is using the Original Title for the movie, which is 'El laberinto del fauno'. The script then can not find the movie since they don't match... I have seen the errors before, but could not determine, until now, what was causing them(some times the Original Title(c16) in the database is blank, sometimes it matches the Movie Title(c00), then other times it doesn't match at all.)

I think you are able to chang code in the script, since you did figure out the extra code I put in there for Vox Commando(by the way, nice use for it! )

You will need to change line 234 in addon.py from: (just need to change 'movieview.c16' to 'movieview.c00')
Code:
sql = "SELECT movieview.c16, movieview.strPath, movieview.strFileName, movieview.c08, movieview.c14 FROM movieview WHERE c00 LIKE '%s' LIMIT 1" % ( movie.replace( "'", "''", ), )

To
Code:
sql = "SELECT movieview.c00, movieview.strPath, movieview.strFileName, movieview.c08, movieview.c14 FROM movieview WHERE c00 LIKE '%s' LIMIT 1" % ( movie.replace( "'", "''", ), )

This should fix it.

If it does I'll see about pushing the fix to the repo.

Success, changing line 234 indeed solves the problem.

I hope this still works for your intended Vox Commando use!

Thanks very much for your speedy responses.

- giftie - 2011-07-23

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Success, changing line 234 indeed solves the problem.

I hope this still works for your intended Vox Commando use!

Thanks very much for your speedy responses.

Good to hear... It shouldn't affect anything except in a positive way

- Burke - 2011-07-26

giftie Wrote:I would need to see a complete debug log from when you try to use the script.

Thanks

sorry for late replay Blush just had no time to do this sooner.

http://pastebin.com/gYDw8gL1

- giftie - 2011-07-26

Burke Wrote:sorry for late replay Blush just had no time to do this sooner.

http://pastebin.com/gYDw8gL1

One, you might want to turn off the Pre-Eden option in settings, since you are using Dharma 10.1. That may fix the problem.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-07-27

A question for you Giftie: is it possible to have the script launch in a preview window, rather than fullscreen?

Normally, when skinning, I could launch a video with PlayMedia and use the ",1" switch to play the video in a preview window.

The RunScript function doesn't have this argument and, I assume, the PlayMedia is within your code.

Is this something we could have as an option?

I appreciate that a "Cinema Experience" in a preview window is a bit counter-intuitive but a user in Cirrus forum has asked whether it's possible to add to the skin and I don't like to say no until I'm certain it can't be done!

Thanks,

el_P

- giftie - 2011-07-27

el_Paraguayo Wrote:A question for you Giftie: is it possible to have the script launch in a preview window, rather than fullscreen?

Normally, when skinning, I could launch a video with PlayMedia and use the ",1" switch to play the video in a preview window.

The RunScript function doesn't have this argument and, I assume, the PlayMedia is within your code.

Is this something we could have as an option?

I appreciate that a "Cinema Experience" in a preview window is a bit counter-intuitive but a user in Cirrus forum has asked whether it's possible to add to the skin and I don't like to say no until I'm certain it can't be done!

Thanks,

el_P

The only problem is that the trivia slide show would not work, since it uses its own skin to display the images. The rest could be done though. The script is more or less a playlist builder and the command for starting the playback(in python) also has an optional window mode. I'm still working on the script for pre-eden changes and dharma integration. But if the user wants this ability now, they can change line 212 in file xbmcscript_trivia.py from:

Code:
xbmc.Player().play( self.playlist )

to
Code:
xbmc.Player().play( item=self.playlist, windowed=True )

Though I haven't tested it, the documentation says it should do the job.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-07-27

Thanks giftie - appreciate the answer.

If you do decide to incorporate it, can you make it an option so when skinning we can customise how we want it to behave?

- Burke - 2011-07-27

Big Grin it works now, I actually turned that on because something would get stuck between first and second trailer ...black screen with aple logo, but now it seams to be ok.

thanks for CE it is just grat thing Smile

- Burke - 2011-07-27

don't know if this will help -but the ce gets stuck when 2 or more trailers are selected with one it works every time

- peebs - 2011-08-04

Did the issue where you can't play anything but trivia before the trailers ever get worked out? I miss having the appropriate intros playing before the trailers.

- Method007 - 2011-08-05

giftie Wrote:That is because the script does not understand anything greater than 6. How it breaks down is the following:

0 - None
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - 10

as these are the options in settings.xml(the one in the script.cinema.experience/resources/ folder) There isn't an area to change in the settings.xml to get more than 10 trailers, the script would need to be changed. To get more trailers, you need to change code in the 'xbmcscript_player.py' file(lines 270-276)

original code:
Code:
xbmc.log( "[script.cinema.experience] - Retriving Trailers: %s Trailers" % (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10,)[ int( _S_( "trailer_count" ) ) ],level=xbmc.LOGNOTICE )
        trailers = _get_trailers(  items=( 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, )[ int( _S_( "trailer_count" ) ) ],
                                        mpaa=equivalent_mpaa,
                                       genre=genre,
                                       movie=movie,
                                       mode = "playlist"
                                )

you notice the sequence( 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10,)? if you change these values to different numbers(for instance ( 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64,) you will get different number of trailers. So, with the above instance, a <setting id="trailer_count" value="6" /> would give you 64 trailers. Both lines should have the same sequence(the first one is for logging, the second one is for the retrieval of the trailers)

I followed your instructions, changing both lines to your example of ( 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64,) - yet cinema still only plays 10 trailers at the most before playing the movie. Is there another script I need to edit? Your help is greatly appreciated.

- ijourneaux - 2011-08-07

I moved my XBMC setup to a new machine. For some reason, I can't get it to play the trailers. I must be doing something silly but must be blind.

If someone could look at the log and point out what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.

http://pastebin.com/9FzKeUji

- giftie - 2011-08-07

ijourneaux Wrote:I moved my XBMC setup to a new machine. For some reason, I can't get it to play the trailers. I must be doing something silly but must be blind.

If someone could look at the log and point out what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate it.

http://pastebin.com/9FzKeUji

Not sure what's going on, could use a Debug log.. Smile

- giftie - 2011-08-07

Method007 Wrote:I followed your instructions, changing both lines to your example of ( 0, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64,) - yet cinema still only plays 10 trailers at the most before playing the movie. Is there another script I need to edit? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I forgot another spot you would need to change, inside the file ce_playlist.py the line that looks like this needs to change too.

Code:
"trailer_count": ( 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, )[ int( _S_( "trailer_count" ) ) ],

- ijourneaux - 2011-08-07

giftie Wrote:Not sure what's going on, could use a Debug log.. Smile

Well. Although the trailer folder seemed correct, I browsed down and selected it again and it seems to work now. I am not sure what happened. If It happens again, I will create a debug log.