Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-08-28

Could you post a full debug log... I have a feeling it is a problem with using U: as a mapped drive. When XBMC was on the XBox there were a few internal mapped drives, for instance Z:\ was the cache mapping. The full debug log would show me the problem... - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Drive_Mapping

Although I don't know if they are still 'used' in Dharma, they did find their way in, and have caused havoc.. Changing your mapped drive letter should fix the problem.

coffeeguy57 Wrote:The local scraper is loogin in the wrong folder I have it set as "U:\trailers"

Log file is showing "09:06:50 T:6524 DEBUG: [folder.py] - dirEntries Activated
09:06:50 T:6524 DEBUG: [folder.py] - escapeDirJSON Activated
09:06:50 T:6524 DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - JSONRPC Query -
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "C:\\Users\\Don Schmeling\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\trailers\\", "media": "video"}, "id": 1}
09:06:50 T:6524 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Don Schmeling\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\trailers\
09:06:50 T:6524 DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - JSONRPC -
{"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
09:06:50 T:6524 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
09:06:50 T:6524 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Don Schmeling\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cinema.experience\resources\lib\json_utils.py", line 45, in retrieve_json_dict
09:06:50 T:6524 ERROR: result = response['result']
09:06:50 T:6524 ERROR: KeyError: 'result'"

If i put the trailers in the folder it displays above they play just fine.

- Deception - 2011-08-28

giftie Wrote:That is correct.

Ok, got it to work. I must have been something with my slides.xml. I replaced it with your code and renamed the files back to a and b and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all your help! This is one truly awesome script.

- giftie - 2011-08-28

The only way to do this would be to pull the trailers to a folder then use a tool like HD-Trailer.net Downloader to download new trailers. Set the storage folder to a different mapped drive and make sure that XBMC does not have that mapped drive as a source.

Also watch out for the drive mapping, XBMC uses some of the typical drives(X: Z: U: Q: ) for it's own internal use.

Rodimus Wrote:Great great great add on. My gf adores this plugin, it's taken her appreciation of my xbmc set up to another level, one where she actually cares about it lol.

I've been wondering about something though. I've got XBMC to play trailers before the movie and it's picking the ones for movies (with trailers) stored on my mediaserver which is perfect but I also want it to pick some randomly from upcoming movies. Is there anyway to set this?

As it stands X:\ Is the movie drive and all the movies are xxxxxxxxxxxx-trailer.xxx

I was tempted to put a folder say X:\ComingAttractions but then XBMC will try to scrape this folder as part of the movies drive. If it does scrape them I'll end up with a bunch of dummy movies I'd need to clear out every time.

Now I'm running UNRAID so I can easily create an extra drive, Say Z:\, and stick them all in here including the ones that are already in place but this would lose me the ability to play the trailer for jsut the movie we want to watch, or I end up duplicating the trailers, which with a few hundred HD ones is far from ideal.

I know I can't set 2 trailer paths but any ideas?

Or have I just made a request for some new code? Eek

Either way I look forward to what the future brings, this is the kind of add on that drives my love of XBMC.

- giftie - 2011-08-28

Opps... Just tested it myself and found that the script does not save a watched list for the XBMC Library scraper..

Zoltrix Wrote:Hi giftie,

Big fan of this script, and been using it for a while now.

Couple of questions. Where does the script store the list of previously played trailers when you have the only show unwatched trailers option set? I've got that option turned on, and I am definitely getting repeat trailers on some occasions, even when there are unwatched trailers to play.

Also, in regards to feature requests, are we allowed to request new features? I was wondering if it was possible to have another trailers option to show the latest unwatched trailers. Ie, when the script plays the trailers it selects the newest unwatched trailers. The HD-Trailers.NET download script names the folder names with dates, so maybe the script could use that to determine the newest?

Sometimes when playing unwatched trailers, I'm finding the script seems to always play older ones first, rather then a random selection.

Thanks again for your work on this script.

Cheers,
Zolt

- ktomlin - 2011-08-30

Giftie,

The uninstall/re-install fixed my slides not being pulled from subfolders - Thanks!

However, I am still experiencing a delay in focus from the slideshow back to the videos (ie after the slideshow ends, the next video clips starts to play - you can hear it - but there is a few seconds of just a blank screen while the video plays in the background). Also just noticed that it is not playing the ratings video - I have tried it with the MPAA ratings in a subfolder within the ratings folder, as well as just dumping the MPAA ratings directly into the ratings folder... any advice?

Thanks again - GREAT SCRIPT, I think the wife likes CE even more than I do (not really sure thats possible, but thats what she claims Smile

Debug log:

http://pastebin.com/QTgt5Vk5

- Zoltrix - 2011-08-30

giftie Wrote:Opps... Just tested it myself and found that the script does not save a watched list for the XBMC Library scraper..
Ah ok, so this function doesn't work at all then? Will it be added into a later release?

- giftie - 2011-08-30

Zoltrix Wrote:Ah ok, so this function doesn't work at all then? Will it be added into a later release?

It is currently added to my development copy and works fine, needs more tweaking before it is released.

- wints - 2011-09-03

m0v1em4n Wrote:Thanks guys,

Well I install version 1.48 and the trailer and movies play fine but the sound intro video doesn't, where as before it did

will try a few thing later

thanks for your help

Anyone got the 1.48 version i tried to download from the earlier post but just get a 404 error, would love to get this working. cheers

- m0v1em4n - 2011-09-03

wints Wrote:Anyone got the 1.48 version i tried to download from the earlier post but just get a 404 error, would love to get this working. cheers

Here you go

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1843032791/script.cinema.experience.1.4.8.zip

- wints - 2011-09-03

You sir are a gent Wink cheers for that

- Invincer - 2011-09-05

I gave up months ago when trying to get this script working like it used to. It had stopped working with trivia and trailers; so now I wanted to revisit it to see if I could get it working. Now the problem is very dfferent. I have tried script 1.46 and 1.48. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried with the settings in the script which worked before, and again with default just leaving all options blank. Using transparency BTW. Every time I go to the movies option from my home screen, the movie list/fanart starts to load/open; I get the ding of the cinema experience as the top notification begins to tell me about using Q; then it all freezes. I tried using the checkmarks in the settings for the skin which coincides with cinema experience and I tried having them unchecked. Doesn't matter, whatever I do if cinema experience is installed, it crashes when going to the movies menu. Uninstall all cinema experience, and the movie menu works fine. Any help here appreciated. Thanks...

[HTML]http://pastebin.com/ygdaQkQc[/HTML]

- m0v1em4n - 2011-09-05

Hi Invincer,

not sure I will be able to help, still a learner myself
But version of XBMC are you using?

- Invincer - 2011-09-05

XBMC-PRE 11.0 Git:20110816-7734657
Transparency! v4.02 SVN

It's the latest compiled XBMC from Margo which has PVR capabilities with Media Portal.

- giftie - 2011-09-05

First off, go into XBMC's settings, then go to Skin Settings, then select Scripts. The third group of options are for how Cinema Experience reacts with the Skin. The first one turns on the Info screen method, the second turns on the full time method. Turn on the first method and your Movie selection window will be back to normal.

Second... You're using a development version of XBMC which is a 'moving target' right now. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time keeping the development version up with XBMC, as there have been a lot of changes. Streamed trailers with videos before them are still a problem, I also think the Streamed trailers are a possible problem on their own since Apple likes to limit who gets to access their product. I might release an Eden version soon..

Third... Post a Debug log... I can only guess what is going on from a normal log.

Invincer Wrote:I gave up months ago when trying to get this script working like it used to. It had stopped working with trivia and trailers; so now I wanted to revisit it to see if I could get it working. Now the problem is very dfferent. I have tried script 1.46 and 1.48. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried with the settings in the script which worked before, and again with default just leaving all options blank. Using transparency BTW. Every time I go to the movies option from my home screen, the movie list/fanart starts to load/open; I get the ding of the cinema experience as the top notification begins to tell me about using Q; then it all freezes. I tried using the checkmarks in the settings for the skin which coincides with cinema experience and I tried having them unchecked. Doesn't matter, whatever I do if cinema experience is installed, it crashes when going to the movies menu. Uninstall all cinema experience, and the movie menu works fine. Any help here appreciated. Thanks...

[HTML]http://pastebin.com/ygdaQkQc[/HTML]

- Invincer - 2011-09-05

http://pastebin.com/DDb8zek6

Tried it with the first checked and the second checked; both still freeze up as soon as the movietitle screen loads