Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-09-05

Invincer Wrote:http://pastebin.com/DDb8zek6

Tried it with the first checked and the second checked; both still freeze up as soon as the movietitle screen loads

Ok.. A few steps to try:

1. Disable TV Tunes
  2. Set 'Show Cinema Experience button in Movie info dialog'
  3. Set Debugging to on
  4. Restart XBMC
  5. **Very important** Let XBMC settle after restart(5 mins or so)
  6. Enter Movie Library
  7. Try to run Script from Info Dialog from any movie
  8. If unsuccessful(or even) post a copy of your debug log

- Invincer - 2011-09-06

Very nice! Thanks Giftie, that seems to have it working!!

A couple of questions/notes...

Does this mean I need to leave TV tunes off and always wait 5 minutes after starting XBMC to get cinema experience and the movies too work correctly?

I noticed the trivia does not behave like it used to, had the slides.xml file in there before and Q/A slides came up correctly, now its completely random

Strangely, I tried movie trailers with local trailers for a folder on my HD and it skips trailers entirely along with the intro and outro for them. When I switched to stream from apple to local folder it worked correctly. I kind of figured the issues would be the other way around.

Thanks again!!

- giftie - 2011-09-06

Right now XBMC(development) has problems with running multiple scripts at the same time. You might be able to keep using TV Tunes, but you will definitely need to wait for any other script that are running at the start of XBMC(Next Aired, etc...) I do know that others run into problems with TV Tunes.

As I had mentioned earlier, Pre-Eden is a moving target right now. Often changes to the source code will break scripts. Since this script does use some of this new coding it is quite delicate when it comes to changes. In fact, a change they made to the source code will break this script and maybe my cdART Manager script - it happens when you play with the bleeding edge(I know, I do)

I think I am going to need to work with the skin developers and TV Tunes developers to work out the problem of TV Tunes running at the same time as the script(Which is odd since TV Tunes should only really work at the TV Shows level of the video library, not the Movie Level.)

Invincer Wrote:Very nice! Thanks Giftie, that seems to have it working!!

A couple of questions/notes...

Does this mean I need to leave TV tunes off and always wait 5 minutes after starting XBMC to get cinema experience and the movies too work correctly?

I noticed the trivia does not behave like it used to, had the slides.xml file in there before and Q/A slides came up correctly, now its completely random

Strangely, I tried movie trailers with local trailers for a folder on my HD and it skips trailers entirely along with the intro and outro for them. When I switched to stream from apple to local folder it worked correctly. I kind of figured the issues would be the other way around.

Thanks again!!

- m0v1em4n - 2011-09-06

Hi giftie,

Thanks for all your hard work, I really love this script and at the moment I use it to stream 2 random trailers and a sound (i.e DTS, Dobly) video and it works a treat,
I would like to play a coming soon and feature intro but I believe that is broken at the moment, in conjunction with stream, Although I have not tried it, just read it some where

But still a superb scripts

I am using Aeon Mq 3, is there a quick way to use the script in XBMC, at the moment I go into movie info and there is a button in there, I also use XBMC constellation Ipad remote and with that if you press and hold the play button on a particular movie it then uses the script

Thanks again

- PetSue - 2011-09-06

Being new to XBMC and never used this before and having no idea how to get it going, is there a how-to anywhere please?

I am running on ATV2 with Night skin, installed the Script, can't find an option to turn it on but went to setup and think that's right, but when selecting a movie, I don't see the Cinema button, still just the Trailer. Have I missed something or done something wrong?

Thanks Smile

- wints - 2011-09-06

Would be nice if there was a how to setup somewhere, has i must be dumb Shocked or something because i cant get it to work using Aeon MQ3 and Eden

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-09-07

Ok I'm a new member and after 3 days have just completed reading all 160 pages in this thread and learned a great deal in the process about this wonderful addon.

I've installed, configured and run everything successfully. Many thanks to Giftie for the time, effort and continued support. Thanks also to Slaveunit for his helpful thread and useful links to various sites, particularly for the Apple trailers.

Many thanks also to the community especially those who have contributed with trivia slides, intro videos, helpful hints etc.

In response to Wints I have just installed CE for Neon SVN with XBMC nightly build 02110902-139071b on my Win7 32 bit PC.

Tested it on Aeon MQ3 as well and it works fine.

I'm going to assume that you have the link to the addon repository to install CE and have downloaded the zip file. I'm going to also assume that you downloaded Slaveunit's HTE pack from the link on the first page which provides you with the folder structure and other goodies.

I've saved that pack locally on my PC and renamed it to Cinema Experience.

Using the Neon SVN skin I did the following:

1. From the home menu I navigated to the Settings link and opened Add-ons
2. Select "Install from zip file" and browsed to the downloaded zip file
3. Ran installation
4. From the home menu, browse to the Add-ons link. Cinema Experience will appear in the list. I installed version 1.0.48
5. Open Cinema Experience and configure
6. From reading the entire thread I have learned the following from others:

If you want the full experience activate the Slide Show in Trivia Mode, set duration of slide show and individual slides as you want. As this is the first time I've run it, I didn't opt for "Select only unwatched slides" or "Limit Trivia.....". Leave intro and outro videos as None.

Special Videos - I've set Intro Clips to 1Random Video and enabled Rating and Audio Format Videos. (You need to browse to the file location for the videos. For Rating I drilled down as far as MPAA, unsure if you need to but I don't use BBFC)

Movie Trailers - For testing I selected 3Trailer, set Coming Attractions Intro to 1Random Video. Trailer scraper to Local Folder and browsed to video file location which is a single folder containing all trailers I've manually downloaded. As they are manually downloaded and saved locally, there are no nfo files so I haven't selected any of the "Limit...." options otherwise the script won't recognise them and they won't play. I'll manually create the nfo files later following the example posted by Giftie. Remember the naming convention for trailers is -trailer before the file extension and likewise for nfo and tbn files. They must all match otherwise they won't work. eg. Red Tails-trailer.mov, Red Tails-trailer.nfo, Red Tails-trailer.tbn I don't have them saved into individual folders, they're all lumped together in my Coming Attractions folder.

Feature presentation left as default settings

Miscellaneous selected Disable Auto refresh setting and Enable Pre-Eden.

The one slight change I made to my setup is the ratings videos. I'm in Australia and wanted to use the OFLC rating videos instead of the MPAA ones. Someone kindly uploaded the video files for OFLC ratings and I substituted them for the MPAA ones. G, PG and R are a straight swap. Had to keep the NR file as there is no equivalent here. PG-13 is MA 15+ and NC-17 is M.

I've run it three times now, impressing all my work colleagues who now want me to teach them how to install and use XBMC with CE of course.

One other tip, I've learned - when you have a working setup for CE, disable automatic updates for Add-ons so you have a chance to backup and restore if something in the update breaks CE unintentionally.

Thanks again Giftie.

Sam

PS - Don't run TV Tunes.

- giftie - 2011-09-07

Thanks for the help and compliments.

Regarding the OFLC ratings, does XBMC properly handle the OFLC ratings? If so, do you know how they are stored in the Database? I ask, since I would like to add the ability to use other ratings(as I did with the BBFC).

Kokonutcreme Wrote:The one slight change I made to my setup is the ratings videos. I'm in Australia and wanted to use the OFLC rating videos instead of the MPAA ones. Someone kindly uploaded the video files for OFLC ratings and I subsituted them for the MPAA ones. G, PG and R are a straight swap. Had to keep the NR file as there is no equivalent here. PG-13 is MA 15+ and NC-17 is M.

I've run it three times now, impressing all my work colleagues who now want me to teach them how to install and use XBMC with CE of course.

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-09-07

giftie Wrote:Thanks for the help and compliments.

Regarding the OFLC ratings, does XBMC properly handle the OFLC ratings? If so, do you know how they are stored in the Database? I ask, since I would like to add the ability to use other ratings(as I did with the BBFC).

While I'm using the OFLC videos for playback, all my movie files are still using the MPAA rating so all I've done is to substitute the original MPAA video files for the OFLC ones. I'd like to be able to use the OFLC certification instead of MPAA but Stoli hasn't yet incorporated it into his Neon skin.

With a bit of manual xml editing the Aeon MQ skin can display the OFLC certification and there is a pack you can download that has the images and the edited xml file but I don't know if any other skinners have incorporated non MPAA ratings in their skins.

- wints - 2011-09-07

Many thanks Kokonutcreme for taking the time on replying with a great post, I will give it another go later when i get home from work, cheers again mate

- fional - 2011-09-07

Quote:Any others, please post so I can add to this message

For the first page, just as an FYI, Aeon Nox has integrated Cinema Experience.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89151

- m0v1em4n - 2011-09-07

For anyone looking for 1.48
Quote:Originally Posted by wints
Anyone got the 1.48 version i tried to download from the earlier post but just get a 404 error, would love to get this working. cheers

m0v1em4n Wrote:Here you go

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1843032791/script.cinema.experience.1.4.8.zip

- wints - 2011-09-08

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

could do with a little help

What I am running

XBMC pre 11 nightly
Aeon MQ3
latest CE

Ok I have install CE and that gave me a CE button on the movies extra info screen, I have created the folder structure on C: drive and configered the folder setting in the CE options

Now when I press the CE button in the movies extra info screen the 2 random trailers play followed by the sound intro video but for some reason the movie doesn't play , anyone have any idea on why the main movie doesn't play :confused2:

Thanks

m0v1em4n

Well i made some progress got it to sort of work but now having the same problem as quoted above by m0v1em4n

I'm running

XBMC pre 11 nightly
Aeon MQ3
CE 1.48

Any ideas guys? cheers

- giftie - 2011-09-08

There has been some significant changes to the source for XBMC that will break this script. I will start working on the fixes soon to fix the problem and a work around for the streamed trailer problem.

- wints - 2011-09-08

Your a star mate and thanks for the headsup Wink