Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- Hardax - 2011-09-29

I am confused about how the trivia section works. I can get the slideshow option going no problem but what is the "Movie Trivia Script" feature? How would you use this (I searched everywhere for some kind of setup tutorial for this). Is it for interactive questions and answers? Having a hard time getting my head around it I guess!

- markimark - 2011-09-29

giftie Wrote:There has been some changes to XBMC(pre-Eden) that will break the script. I have not yet had the time to fix and test the script out.

OK, understand but is there any schedule for that? Just to mark a date on my calendar.

This is really tough. This is the most loved plugin but it does have tons of problems with keeping up to date.

- giftie - 2011-09-29

markimark Wrote:OK, understand but is there any schedule for that? Just to mark a date on my calendar.

This is really tough. This is the most loved plugin but it does have tons of problems with keeping up to date.

That's the nature of dealing with bleeding edge software(XBMC Nightlies) They make changes that break scripts.

- giftie - 2011-09-29

Hardax Wrote:I am confused about how the trivia section works. I can get the slideshow option going no problem but what is the "Movie Trivia Script" feature? How would you use this (I searched everywhere for some kind of setup tutorial for this). Is it for interactive questions and answers? Having a hard time getting my head around it I guess!

There is a script called Movie Trivia available(I think from the repo even) that Cinema Experience has the ability to use in place of the trivia slides, though I haven't tested it in a while, I think it still works. Search the forum for the Movie Trivia script by twinther

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-09-30

I installed nightly build for Win32 20110927-b62c8c0 last night running Aeon MQ3 and couldn't get Cinema Experience to run. When opening the information page and clicking on CinemaEx it opened a search result window for the movie I had selected. Nothing happened after a minute, tried switching skins to Neon SVN and Night SVN with the same result.

Reinstalled the earlier nightly build I was running 02110902-139071b and Cinema Experience returned to normal.

Just a heads up.

Confused - markimark - 2011-10-01

Kokonutcreme Wrote:I installed nightly build for Win32 20110927-b62c8c0 last night running Aeon MQ3 and couldn't get Cinema Experience to run. When opening the information page and clicking on CinemaEx it opened a search result window for the movie I had selected. Nothing happened after a minute, tried switching skins to Neon SVN and Night SVN with the same result.

Reinstalled the earlier nightly build I was running 02110902-139071b and Cinema Experience returned to normal.

Just a heads up.

Actually I am a little confused. I already had a conversation with @Kokonutcreme and that conversation is gone now. I ask him to send me the nightly build, he agreed, I was sending a pm with my email address - all gone!!!HuhHuh

@Kokonutcreme - Are you there?

- andrewf - 2011-10-01

andrewf Wrote:Forgive the error on my part if I've missed this in the thread...if I've got the slides running for say 15 minutes in the background and we are ready to go for the rest of the 'show' is there a way to skip to the end and so avoid siting through the time remaining?

I've been unable to find how to do this, assuming of course that you can.

Thanks v much Andrew

Thanks to dave2384 and giftie for your answers.

- philnecro - 2011-10-04

Hi,

i have a question according to the trailers. I want to use the trailer scraper "XBMC Movie Library".

My File System looks like this smb://COMPUTER/MOVIE/MOVIENAME-trailer.ext

If I chose Trailer in the XBMC menu, the trailer works, but if I start Cinema Experience, no one of the trailers appears on my screen.

My trailers are not linked in the .nfo file. Is this the problem? If yes, which path do i have to add? <trailer>....</trailer>

ps: sorry for my bad english Wink

- giftie - 2011-10-05

philnecro Wrote:Hi,

i have a question according to the trailers. I want to use the trailer scraper "XBMC Movie Library".

My File System looks like this smb://COMPUTER/MOVIE/MOVIENAME-trailer.ext

If I chose Trailer in the XBMC menu, the trailer works, but if I start Cinema Experience, no one of the trailers appears on my screen.

My trailers are not linked in the .nfo file. Is this the problem? If yes, which path do i have to add? <trailer>....</trailer>

ps: sorry for my bad english Wink

The script accesses the video database for trailers, as some users have links to streams rather than actual files. Also a debug log might help to narrow down the problem

- Hardax - 2011-10-05

giftie Wrote:There is a script called Movie Trivia available(I think from the repo even) that Cinema Experience has the ability to use in place of the trivia slides, though I haven't tested it in a while, I think it still works. Search the forum for the Movie Trivia script by twinther

Thanks giftie. Slowly but surely figuring all this out. I can get the movie trivia script running stand alone but trying to start it from within CE isn't working. Just goes straight to the main movie. Using the latest Transparency Dharma skin. Any ideas?

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-10-05

markimark Wrote:Actually I am a little confused. I already had a conversation with @Kokonutcreme and that conversation is gone now. I ask him to send me the nightly build, he agreed, I was sending a pm with my email address - all gone!!!HuhHuh

@Kokonutcreme - Are you there?

Sent you a PM last night with a link to megaupload for the file.

- giftie - 2011-10-07

For those who enjoy being on the bleeding edge, here is a test version of the script that works well with Eden.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rooabygacjcunc6/script.cinema.experience.1.0.50.zip

Needs to have a very recent Nightly(ie I just tested it with one I compiled yesterday.)

Also, any one on Dharma that wants to test to be sure it works for Dharma as well, please do...

- DrPepper - 2011-10-07

whenever i'm trying to install that version , i get dependencies not met....
and this is the error message i'm getting in the log :

18:28:18 T:139719161489216 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /storage/script.cinema.experience.1.0.50.zip/icon.png

let me know if i do something wrong

Cheers

DrP

- giftie - 2011-10-07

DrPepper Wrote:whenever i'm trying to install that version , i get dependencies not met....
and this is the error message i'm getting in the log :

18:28:18 T:139719161489216 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /storage/script.cinema.experience.1.0.50.zip/icon.png

let me know if i do something wrong

Cheers

DrP

Looks like I packaged it incorrectly. I'll fix it when I get a chance..

- giftie - 2011-10-07

Just repackaged and tested installing - Same link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rooabygacjcunc6/script.cinema.experience.1.0.50.zip