Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-10-15

This kind of surpised me. I haven't noticed this 'problem' in the skins I mostly test with(Transparency!, Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ3) So I tested Night(from the SVN) and Cirrus Extended(v2) and both of these do exactly as you say. I think there has been a change in XBMC that now uses the ID that those skins use for the Cinema Button(both happen to be 13) I tested also by changing the ID to another number and the weird problem disappeared..(I tried changing the 13 to 41)

I posted a question in the Skin Development thread about this, hoe to have an answer for you.

The time it takes CE to set up the slideshow depends on the number of slides available and the amount of music being used. To stop the slideshow all you need to do is press the 'back' button. CE will then build the video playlist containing the requested videos(this takes about 15-20 secs, so the slideshow will continue until this is complete)

canadave Wrote:Hi,

I'm having some weirdness trying to run Cinema Experience for the first time (on my ATV2, using the Oct 11 nightly). I installed the addon from repo, went to my movies, and clicked the Cinema button. But instead of CE starting, some sort of cast member lookup/movie lookup screen popped up, as if it was searching for a cast name in the movie I was trying to watch.

I then tried loading the 1.0.51 CE script that was posted a couple of days ago. Same thing happened. I'm using Night skin, but also it happened on cirrus extended.

Here's my XBMC log:
http://pastebin.com/vUQdeB8R

Strangely, after a couple of minutes, my Trivia slides did show. But then, I couldn't exit out of them! I had to -killall AppleTV to exit. So all in all, not quite what was supposed to happen Smile

Not sure if there's anything else needed to troubleshoot this? If there is, I'll gladly provide it if it'll help.

- giftie - 2011-10-15

cfg9000 Wrote:Is there a pack out there for this that includes only more modern clips?

This forum thread has a fair bit of information. I'm not sure of any more recent video packs though..

If you find some, please post links..

- canadave - 2011-10-15

giftie Wrote:This kind of surpised me. I haven't noticed this 'problem' in the skins I mostly test with(Transparency!, Aeon Nox, Aeon MQ3) So I tested Night(from the SVN) and Cirrus Extended(v2) and both of these do exactly as you say. I think there has been a change in XBMC that now uses the ID that those skins use for the Cinema Button(both happen to be 13) I tested also by changing the ID to another number and the weird problem disappeared..(I tried changing the 13 to 41)

I posted a question in the Skin Development thread about this, hoe to have an answer for you.

The time it takes CE to set up the slideshow depends on the number of slides available and the amount of music being used. To stop the slideshow all you need to do is press the 'back' button. CE will then build the video playlist containing the requested videos(this takes about 15-20 secs, so the slideshow will continue until this is complete)

whew...glad it was reproducible! I was afraid it'd be impossible to troubleshoot. Thanks very much for having a look into it.

As for the slideshow--I believe I pressed the back button while it was going, and it just went to the previous slide, not exit.

- canadave - 2011-10-17

So, I'm just wondering--given that it's confirmed that this behaviour is due to a change in XBMC, should I wait for this plugin to be updated? Or, instead, is there a temporary patch I should do to a file on my end to get around this issue?

- giftie - 2011-10-18

It's not Cinema Experience that needs to be updated, but the skins. I have notified both skin developers of the issue.

genre tagging issue - foghat - 2011-10-18

Hi,

It seems that if the trailer.nfo file has multiple genre tags and each genre has its own tag, CE will not pick it up (when Limit by Genre is turned on).

In both cases below, the movie I am playing is Despicable Me. The only trailer I have in my trailer directory (\\test\) is New Year's Eve which has 2 genres. Comedy and Romance.

So: if movie has genre of comedy and trailer is tagged:
<genre>Comedy</genre>
<genre>Romance</genre>

CE will not play the trailer.

Pastebin when trailer not matched:

http://pastebin.com/KUCb4rv3

If however the trailer.nfo is structured like:
<genre>Comedy / Romance </genre>

Then CE will play the trailer.

Paste bin genre when matched:

http://pastebin.com/VMJtQDZb

As I understand it, each genre having its own tag is the correct/standard way for tagging genre's in xbmc and is the way my metadata tool (metabrowser) does it.

Am hoping you can update CE to pick up genre when tagged this way.

- giftie - 2011-10-18

Thank for the bug report... I found the fault. The script does find the separate genres but it fails to turn it into the form the script uses.

For instance:
If the .nfo file follows the multiple genre tag format, the script adds them together. So, something with the following tags:

Code:
<genre>Comedy</genre>
<genre>Romance</genre>
becomes-> ComedyRomance which the script does not recognize, it needs to be -> Comedy / Romance. I have fixed this and I am testing it(should work with out any problems)

The problem is that the version that the script is sitting at now(it will be 1.0.52 after this fix) might not work on your pre-Dharma version of XBMC, I don't think any one has tested it out on a Dharma system yet.

- canadave - 2011-10-18

giftie Wrote:It's not Cinema Experience that needs to be updated, but the skins. I have notified both skin developers of the issue.

Sorry, I'm a little confused--are you referring to the devs for reFocus and Night?

I just tested CE on Aeon Nox, and it's not working on that either. In fact, I've yet to get it to run properly on ANY skin. Is there a particular one on the ATV2 that I should be running it on?

- foghat - 2011-10-18

giftie Wrote:Thank for the bug report... I found the fault. The script does find the separate genres but it fails to turn it into the form the script uses.

For instance:
If the .nfo file follows the multiple genre tag format, the script adds them together. So, something with the following tags:

Code:
<genre>Comedy</genre>
<genre>Romance</genre>
becomes-> ComedyRomance which the script does not recognize, it needs to be -> Comedy / Romance. I have fixed this and I am testing it(should work with out any problems)

The problem is that the version that the script is sitting at now(it will be 1.0.52 after this fix) might not work on your pre-Dharma version of XBMC, I don't think any one has tested it out on a Dharma system yet.

Thx for fixing. I can update to 10.1 if that is what it takes.

Skins - commoman81 - 2011-10-18

I was wondering about the skins being updated, I use mediastream redux and it works just fine with cinema experience. Just wondering if i need to worry about the updates if i still have the xml files that u created so that i can use cinema experience with this skin?

- giftie - 2011-10-19

commoman81 Wrote:I was wondering about the skins being updated, I use mediastream redux and it works just fine with cinema experience. Just wondering if i need to worry about the updates if i still have the xml files that u created so that i can use cinema experience with this skin?

The change in XBMC affected the Info Dialog Cinema Button. The modification from the Home window is not affected. The orignal code was provide by Nuka for Home Theatre Experience(the original Smile ) I changed the code on the first page to reflect what is proper... It's not a difficult change.

- deejay360 - 2011-10-19

Any chance of getting this plugin to work when launching .strm files? I have asked before but i'm not sure if you saw it so thought i would ask again. Thanks

- canadave - 2011-10-19

Sorry, I'm still confused--with this August change to the Info dialog in XBMC, are the other skins (other than reFocus and Night) supposed to work well with CE?

- giftie - 2011-10-19

canadave Wrote:Sorry, I'm still confused--with this August change to the Info dialog in XBMC, are the other skins (other than reFocus and Night) supposed to work well with CE?

I'm not able to test every skin(I only go back and test when someone mentions about a problem)

On Nightly versions of XBMC and the skins....(Dharma is not affected)
I do know that the skin does work with the following skins:
  • Aeon MQ 3 version 0.1.4
  • Aeon Nox version 131883941(SVN version through Passion XBMC)
  • Transparency! version 4.0.3
  • XeeBo version 2.4.4
  • Convergence version 3.0.7

I know of three skins that have problems:
  • Night - due to built-in function - Show all movies by the director of the selected movie (added after dharma) (uses ID 13 for the button)
  • Cirrius Extended V2 - due to built-in function - Show all movies by the director of the selected movie (added after dharma) (uses ID 13 for the button)
  • reFocus - due to built-in function - Play video (it uses ID 8 for the button)

There might be others that work or don't work but I'm not sure. Some times the script will cause a lock up when TV Tunes is installed(these two scripts don't seem to play nicely together, I have provided skin developers the fix to this, though I don't know if any have incorporated it yet)

- canadave - 2011-10-19

Oh, okay, I see. Thanks for clarifying that--sorry I had my dense hat on there for a while Smile