Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-11-26

foghat Wrote:Thx. I will hold off then. Just looking forward to the genre fix. where if multiple genres in the nfo, CE is not parsing and re-building properly.

Outside of this CE is working perfectly for me and I'd like to keep it that way. Smile

That was fixed in 1.0.52

- canadave - 2011-11-28

Hi,

Just wanted to revisit some issues I've had trying to get CE to run in reFocus skin. Basically, I see the "Cinema" button in the movie info screen, but when I click it, XBMC just hangs. I asked about this in the reFocus forum, and its developer Jeroen mentioned this:

"Well, there isn't a whole lot that can be done different really, the code is just these three lines:

PHP Code:
Code:
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
I checked Rapier just to be sure, and the code is exactly the same already. So, I'm pretty much at loss. Maybe a debug log can provide some insight."

Fair enough Smile So I've gotten the log and pastebinned it, here:
http://pastebin.com/vhNfV9Gn

It's strange, because the CE script seems to start running, but it never actually launches. What I mean by this is: I've gotten it working when using Transparency skin, and when it runs on that skin, the movie list "advances" to the next movie in the collection, right before CE builds its playlist and launches. The same behaviour happens when using reFocus; except that CE doesn't launch, XBMC just crashes.

Last time I mentioned this in this thread, giftie I think you mentioned that it was something the skin dev would have to look at. The skin dev in this case says there's nothing he can do and it's a fault of the script. Is he right? Rofl

- giftie - 2011-11-28

canadave Wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to revisit some issues I've had trying to get CE to run in reFocus skin. Basically, I see the "Cinema" button in the movie info screen, but when I click it, XBMC just hangs. I asked about this in the reFocus forum, and its developer Jeroen mentioned this:

"Well, there isn't a whole lot that can be done different really, the code is just these three lines:

PHP Code:
Code:
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
I checked Rapier just to be sure, and the code is exactly the same already. So, I'm pretty much at loss. Maybe a debug log can provide some insight."

Fair enough Smile So I've gotten the log and pastebinned it, here:
http://pastebin.com/vhNfV9Gn

It's strange, because the CE script seems to start running, but it never actually launches. What I mean by this is: I've gotten it working when using Transparency skin, and when it runs on that skin, the movie list "advances" to the next movie in the collection, right before CE builds its playlist and launches. The same behaviour happens when using reFocus; except that CE doesn't launch, XBMC just crashes.

Last time I mentioned this in this thread, giftie I think you mentioned that it was something the skin dev would have to look at. The skin dev in this case says there's nothing he can do and it's a fault of the script. Is he right? Rofl

The log you provided is just a normal log, you need to have Debugging turned on in settings..

also if you have TV Tunes active in the skin settings, please disable it and try again.

- canadave - 2011-11-28

giftie Wrote:The log you provided is just a normal log, you need to have Debugging turned on in settings..

also if you have TV Tunes active in the skin settings, please disable it and try again.

Sigh...you mean the debugging that you ask us to do in the first post? lol...duh, my bad. Sorry!! I'll grab that just as soon as my wife finishes watching her chick flick Wink

TV Tunes is disabled btw.

Thanks--
Dave

- canadave - 2011-11-28

OK, chick flick over, wife is gone to bed, here's the pastebin of the xbmc.log in debug mode (this is what you wanted to see, right?):

http://pastebin.com/gbQEumLN

Running this (CE 2.0.53) on an ATV2 (Nov 26 nightly) using reFocus skin, trying to play "12 Angry Men" (but same thing has happened no matter which movie I try). Clicked "Cinema" in movie info screen, XBMC completely freezes and I need to "killall AppleTV" to reboot.

- giftie - 2011-11-28

It's not the script failing, it actually is not getting a chance to start. I've had this problem my self with Pre-Eden XBMC, I have posted numerous times to trac trying to get a solution(XBMC is locking up) It's a had and strange problem, some skins work perfectly all the time, some have problems, sometimes it does not work at all(hangs XBMC). The Dharma version has none of these problems(the Pre-Eden and Dharma version are virtually identical with only a couple of differences in handling access to XBMC info)

- canadave - 2011-11-28

Oh Smile Well, hopefully someone out there will answer your trac posts and help get it figured out. It's a pity...I've tried CE with several skins, and the only two that seem to work on the ATV2 so far are Transparency and Rapier. And Rapier, although it works, runs it slowly (lots of buffering both streaming trailers and grabbing videos off my NAS, whereas Transparency flies through things). I really don't like Transparency as a skin (no offence intended to the dev there, just personal preference), so I was reaaaallly hoping I could get reFocus to play nice with CE Smile Ah well, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

EDIT: I just tried Alaska Revisited, and it seems to be working nicely with CE as well.

- canadave - 2011-11-28

By the way, just a quick feature request if you don't mind Smile

Would it be possible to modify CE so that it can stream trailers from MovieFone rather than Apple? The only reason I ask is, the Apple trailers all have the Apple logo prominently displayed in the lower right corner, which somewhat detracts from the illusion that you're "at the cinema". The MovieFone trailers do not have any logo on them, and thus appear more "genuine" Smile

http://www.moviefone.com/movie-trailers/coming-soon

- canadave - 2011-11-30

Just wanted to report that with TVTunes uninstalled and the "TV Next Aired" plugin disabled, Cinema Experience works perfectly (and natively) with the reFocus skin.

- giftie - 2011-12-01

canadave Wrote:Just wanted to report that with TVTunes uninstalled and the "TV Next Aired" plugin disabled, Cinema Experience works perfectly (and natively) with the reFocus skin.

Thanks for the update.... Very odd, strange that it is scripts by the same author, ppic and ronie, that CE has a problem with...

- ForeelYo - 2011-12-01

canadave Wrote:Just wanted to report that with TVTunes uninstalled and the "TV Next Aired" plugin disabled, Cinema Experience works perfectly (and natively) with the reFocus skin.

Wait... Are you saying that this will resolve the issue with videos playing before the previews causing XBMC to lock up? That would be awesome!!

- giftie - 2011-12-01

ForeelYo Wrote:Wait... Are you saying that this will resolve the issue with videos playing before the previews causing XBMC to lock up? That would be awesome!!

Nope that's not what he means... He means that with these addons disabled/uninstalled Cinema Experience will run on his system...

- ForeelYo - 2011-12-01

giftie Wrote:Nope that's not what he means... He means that with these addons disabled/uninstalled Cinema Experience will run on his system...

Oh bummer. I was all excited, ready to take off from work and go try it out.

Thanks for the quick response. And thank you SO much for Cinema Experience. It is the best app/program I have found. Amazing.

- canadave - 2011-12-01

giftie Wrote:Nope that's not what he means... He means that with these addons disabled/uninstalled Cinema Experience will run on his system...

Yep, that's what I meant.

giftie, maybe you could add reFocus to the list of supported skins in the first post of this thread...and maybe add that if people are running into problems, they should try disabling TV Next Aired as well as TV Tunes?

- PatOso - 2011-12-03

Use a local folder to save the apple trailers and then use CE but now i can't in pre-Eden download movie trailers apple lite.
As I can download trailers now? I use wifi and streaming is very slow.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.