Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - echo - 2012-05-03

(2012-05-03, 21:11)yanathin Wrote: ...so if anybody wants the AE project I'd be more than happy to post it.
Haha, very nice! Please do post it...would love to play around with it. Where did you find the "apple" video?

CE is a great plugin, I just wish the xbmc bug with the streaming videos would be fixed....I still cant get the intro video + coming attractions to work..

Edit: Nevermind, made a similar version...found the video online :-D

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-04

See the integration part of this thread(here's a short cut -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=664144#pid664144 )

(2012-05-03, 16:35)gman3042 Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 06:41)giftie Wrote: How are you starting it from the Home Window? Never mind... You can't just add Cinema Exprience as a Favorite Addon, it won't work. The reason why is that the default start method is from the Movie Info Screen. Adding it to as a Favorite cause the script to start, expecting to be on the desired movie.

Aeon MQ3 has integration from the Home Window already. You need to go into Skin Settings -> Shortcuts/Backdrops -> Scroll until Movies is displayed -> press Down to bring up the sub menu -> scroll until you see Cinema Ex(it should have a red underline) -> click on it -> select Activate -> then move to the right to leave the menu. Now Cinema Experience can be started from the Movies sub menu. Cinema Experience will start up using the Query Mode(where you need to Queue the move for it to start, 0(zero) on most remotes, Q on a keyboard)

thanks for this.

my question is.. since it's available in the movies sub menu.. is there anyway to get it onto the actual main menu? i.e replacing movies? that would be just awesome...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - yanathin - 2012-05-04

One nitpicky thing... I added a button myself into `Black's Xperience1080 skin, and it works great. I have the trailers set to stream from Apple's servers at 720p and they're loading and playing just fine. However, right when each trailer loads, a very short instance of what looks like either a buffering bar or the play controls menu (it's up too quick to tell what it is) appears on screen and scales/fades away. Is there a way to hide this? Is this happening to anybody else? It only does it when I stream the trailers and not when I play trailers that are stored locally on my hard drive, so I imagine it has to do with buffering or loading or something. I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Edit: Just read through the initial few posts and found this in an update: !SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True)
It looks like it can be hidden if you add that line of code to an XML file for window 10025, or something (I'm pretty inexperienced with skinning). Does anybody know where this should be added and if there's anything else to go along with it, or better yet, is there a skin that currently implements this property to hide the buffer bar I could look at for reference?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-05

(2012-05-04, 22:16)yanathin Wrote: One nitpicky thing... I added a button myself into `Black's Xperience1080 skin, and it works great. I have the trailers set to stream from Apple's servers at 720p and they're loading and playing just fine. However, right when each trailer loads, a very short instance of what looks like either a buffering bar or the play controls menu (it's up too quick to tell what it is) appears on screen and scales/fades away. Is there a way to hide this? Is this happening to anybody else? It only does it when I stream the trailers and not when I play trailers that are stored locally on my hard drive, so I imagine it has to do with buffering or loading or something. I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Edit: Just read through the initial few posts and found this in an update: !SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True)
It looks like it can be hidden if you add that line of code to an XML file for window 10025, or something (I'm pretty inexperienced with skinning). Does anybody know where this should be added and if there's anything else to go along with it, or better yet, is there a skin that currently implements this property to hide the buffer bar I could look at for reference?

You need to add it to the XML file that controls the Busy overlay(there are two of them) I'm not sure which ones. To see what Window ID's corespond to which windows see here -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Window_IDs

The Window(10025) tells XBMC where to look for the Property CinemaExperienceRunning

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - gman3042 - 2012-05-05

(2012-05-04, 01:04)giftie Wrote: See the integration part of this thread(here's a short cut -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=664144#pid664144 )

(2012-05-03, 16:35)gman3042 Wrote:
(2012-05-03, 06:41)giftie Wrote: How are you starting it from the Home Window? Never mind... You can't just add Cinema Exprience as a Favorite Addon, it won't work. The reason why is that the default start method is from the Movie Info Screen. Adding it to as a Favorite cause the script to start, expecting to be on the desired movie.

Aeon MQ3 has integration from the Home Window already. You need to go into Skin Settings -> Shortcuts/Backdrops -> Scroll until Movies is displayed -> press Down to bring up the sub menu -> scroll until you see Cinema Ex(it should have a red underline) -> click on it -> select Activate -> then move to the right to leave the menu. Now Cinema Experience can be started from the Movies sub menu. Cinema Experience will start up using the Query Mode(where you need to Queue the move for it to start, 0(zero) on most remotes, Q on a keyboard)

thanks for this.

my question is.. since it's available in the movies sub menu.. is there anyway to get it onto the actual main menu? i.e replacing movies? that would be just awesome...

The script has been modified to allow the script to be integrated better into XBMC. Using the following the script can be started at a specific window of the Movie Library.

this seems like running the script would run ONCE im in the movie library because its referring to the DialogVideoInfo.xml file. i want to it to run out of the main menu. So instead of clicking movies and then hitting down to choose cinema experience, i want to just select Cinema Experience from a spot on the main menu. sorry, if this is confusing

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-05

If you program a button on the Home screen to have:

Code:
<onclick>(RunScript(script.cinemaexperience,movietitles)</onclick>

The script will start and be on the Movie Titles window. Then you can select the movie by Queueing it. This so far is the only way to start the script from the home window

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mixriff - 2012-05-09

This is a great script giftie! I keep getting booted before the coming attractions intro..

http://pastebin.com/2c7d0Xqb

thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-09

(2012-05-09, 17:02)mixriff Wrote: This is a great script giftie! I keep getting booted before the coming attractions intro..

http://pastebin.com/2c7d0Xqb

thanks!

Post #6 on the first page of this thread, you will see a section reporting 'things not working'. You will see that streamed trailers are not working properly. This is a problem within XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - yanathin - 2012-05-10

Is there any way to have the trailers play from a local folder WITHOUT needing NFO files? I'm running XBMC on a Mac so I can't use that HD-Trailers.net downloader to get my trailers + NFO files. I'd be totally fine with manually downloading trailers and having the script choose a random one in the selected folder without having to look into NFO files or anything.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-11

(2012-05-10, 22:56)yanathin Wrote: Is there any way to have the trailers play from a local folder WITHOUT needing NFO files? I'm running XBMC on a Mac so I can't use that HD-Trailers.net downloader to get my trailers + NFO files. I'd be totally fine with manually downloading trailers and having the script choose a random one in the selected folder without having to look into NFO files or anything.

Cinema Experience can play any local trailers. The NFO files allow the use of limiting the trailer based on MPAA rating and Genre. They also provide plot detail and artwork too. As long as your files end in '-trailer.ext' (where ext is a video format XBMC understands), the local folder path is correctly entered for Local Trailers and they are not limited by MPAA or Genre, Cinema Experience will use them.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dildotron2000 - 2012-05-11

I have managed to get cinema experience to work but in order for it to play my intro i have to go movie infor then click cinima play. Is this the way everyone else is doing it or does it auto lauch when you click the video. ? I am using eden on windows 7 64x running neon skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-11

(2012-05-11, 08:15)dildotron2000 Wrote: I have managed to get cinema experience to work but in order for it to play my intro i have to go movie infor then click cinima play. Is this the way everyone else is doing it or does it auto lauch when you click the video. ? I am using eden on windows 7 64x running neon skin.

There are two main ways of starting Cinema Experience. Most skins have the option to start Cinema Experience via the Info window(tried and true way since the script was first created).

Some skins have the option of starting from the Home Window, some what doing what you want, but not exactly. This method was first included to allow multiple movies to be queued up(ie a Double/Multi Feature, with intermission videos) This method allows the number of features to be set from 1 to 5. It requires the movie to be Queued for the script to start.

I think one of the Cirrus skin versions has the option of triggering it from the Context Menu while in the Movies Node.

Also one of the Web Interface Addons(AWX) allows triggering of Cinema Experience from the movie info page.

I would love to be able to capture the Play/Select options when on the Movie Node, but have yet to find out how to do so, but let the rest of the controls(Up/Down/Left/Right/etc.) to pass thru.(one day maybe)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dildotron2000 - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-11, 18:21)giftie Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 08:15)dildotron2000 Wrote: I have managed to get cinema experience to work but in order for it to play my intro i have to go movie infor then click cinima play. Is this the way everyone else is doing it or does it auto lauch when you click the video. ? I am using eden on windows 7 64x running neon skin.

There are two main ways of starting Cinema Experience. Most skins have the option to start Cinema Experience via the Info window(tried and true way since the script was first created).

Some skins have the option of starting from the Home Window, some what doing what you want, but not exactly. This method was first included to allow multiple movies to be queued up(ie a Double/Multi Feature, with intermission videos) This method allows the number of features to be set from 1 to 5. It requires the movie to be Queued for the script to start.

I think one of the Cirrus skin versions has the option of triggering it from the Context Menu while in the Movies Node.

Also one of the Web Interface Addons(AWX) allows triggering of Cinema Experience from the movie info page.

I would love to be able to capture the Play/Select options when on the Movie Node, but have yet to find out how to do so, but let the rest of the controls(Up/Down/Left/Right/etc.) to pass thru.(one day maybe)

Thanks for your reply its hard to find infomation on how to use cinema experience or at least i have found so. So take away message is if i am using Aeon or Night skin the easiest way to use cinema experience is to just go though infomation ?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-05-12

(2012-05-12, 10:41)dildotron2000 Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 18:21)giftie Wrote:

Thanks for your reply its hard to find infomation on how to use cinema experience or at least i have found so. So take away message is if i am using Aeon or Night skin the easiest way to use cinema experience is to just go though infomation ?

A lot of this information is available on the first page of this thread. It's tough for the developer(me, etc) to keep up with which skins use all the functions that Cinema Experience provides.

Night has not has a lot of updates, so the only way that the skin activates Cinema Experience from the Info screen.
'Aeon' really represents about 4 different skins, crerated by 4 different developers, so knowing which one does help out...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - itstonye - 2012-05-12

Having a problem...

I finally got Cinema Experience setup with videos and slides. Everything seems to be working as it should except after the feature presentation intro video it is supposed to go to the movie I selected to watch. It doesn't it just exits back out to the home screen. (I have turned off rating, audio and count down videos)

Is there something I'm missing. I'm activating cinema from the info page.

I'm running the latest stable build of XBMC. On AppleTV1. Using Quartz skin.