Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-06-16

The only feedback I have received was back when this was first introduced into the script(ie about a year ago) It works properly on my system, though I have the script using all the videos and trivia(also on a Linux system)

could you post another debug log?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nitropenda - 2012-06-17

Hi giftie,

Playing around with the system settings a little bit. Very confusing to me:

The setting of the Vertical Blanc Sync has absolutely no effect on the whole system. Although it's completely deactived ("Always disabled") a 24p-movie switches the frame rate when it is started from the movie menu.
The same movie started from the info screen with the button "Cinema Experience" without any trailers (everything is deactivated in the script settings) doesn't switch the frame rate. So the problem is not caused by the queue calculation, it's a major problem with the triggering. And if there is a trigger, the system has to switch something, but what I see now is, that the system switch itself is not working.
But the script is deactivating the frame rate switch, somehow. But how exactly?
Today I will install the last stable development kernel from the Ultra builds and check the script behaviour with the new kernel.
If it has the same effect on the script, I will upload a new debug log.
Hope that we will find a solution for this problem.

Nitropenda

Hmm...
No dev builds anymore for OpenELEC. Last version are still the Beta 1.95.4 from 2012-05-19...
Nightlys will start after OpenELEC 2.0 Releases based on Frodo code.

Is there someone outside who could check this problem on another hardware/system with official XBMC releases?

I will create another debug log for starting a 24p movie from the info screen within Cinema Experience script without trailers. So the only thing what the script has to be do is switching the frame rate to 24p (23,90) and back again to 60fps (59,90) after stopping the movie.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-06-17

Vertical Blank is not the refresh setting... It's found in Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Adjust Display refresh rate to match video.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nitropenda - 2012-06-17

Debug Log File:
Cinema Experience 2.0.56

Start of movie "Testmovie-24p" from the info screen within Cinema Experience script without trailers.
Script has to switch the frame rate to 24p (23,90) and back again to 60fps (59,90) after stopping the movie.
No frame rate switch, frame rate stays at 60fps (59,90).

XBMC settings:
Vertical blank sync: "Always enabled" (but there is no influence to movie frame rate switches if changed to another value...)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-06-17

See my message above yours about the proper refresh rate setting in XBMC

Quote:Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Adjust Display refresh rate to match video.
Okay, thanks for the hint.
Yes, it's activated. Double-checked before and after running the script, it's activated all the time.
When I am deactivating "Adjust Display refresh rate to match video", a normal start of the mkv from movie menu doesn't change the frame rate anymore. So it's working correct.
Refresh switched on again.

What about "Sync playback to display", this setting enables syncing the video to the refresh rate of the monitor." This is also switched on.

I think I found the error... I was testing for the wrong trigger when testing the lasts item in the playlist, which happens to be the movie in you case.

please give this one a try.

https://github.com/downloads/Giftie/script.cinema.experience/script.cinema.experience.2.0.57.zip

Cinema Experience 2.0.57 installed but no change...

Start of movie "Testmovie-24p" from the info screen within Cinema Experience script without trailers. No frame rate switch.
"Adjust Display refresh rate to match video" is still active.

In the new Eden Release there was something changed in the bahaviour of the setting "Adjust Display refresh rate to match video" compared with Dharma setting. Perhaps this is the reason why it's not working.

When testing could you test with a video before or after the Movie. I noticed your last debug log, you only had the movie. The script is designed to have videos before/after the movie to function properly, otherwise, what is the point of the script if you're only playing the movie with out any other videos.

Also the changes made in XBMC should not affect the script and it works properly in 12 alpha 2

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - cult - 2012-06-18

hey giftie Smile

Can I make a feature request? I'm not even sure if this is possible or not -

Say for instance when configuring the system for trailers, when the app is configured to play trailers based on Genre or Rating that it would check against the XBMC library and play a trailer from a local folder? Something kinda like it would check against genre as "Horror" and rating as "R", then scan the local folder for a trailer file named "Halloween.avi" or a similar name?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-06-18

Are you asking for a trailer filename based on a genre/rating match?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nitropenda - 2012-06-18

Hi cult,

Do you have also problems with switching the frame rate when you are playing 24p movies within the script?
Please check, I really don't want that giftie is wasting his time to search for a solution for my playback problem if it's only a local problem of my installation.

@giftie
Try to upload the next debug log with trailer usage today evening.
Thanks for your great support so far.

Nitropenda

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nitropenda - 2012-06-18

Here comes the new Debug Log:
Cinema Experience 2.0.57 Debug Log (with Trailers)

Known test sequence:

1. "Super_Unversal_Trailer2 (24p/23,90).
2. "Countdown,mkv" (24p/23,90).
3. "Testmovie-24p.mkv" (24p/23,90).

Nitropenda

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-06-19

The debug log shows that the Auto Refresh is turned back on for the movie. Not sure why XBMC is not actually turning the auto refresh back on.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-06-19

Last check it is in the very first message. Though probably not 100% up to date, but I don't test all the skins.