Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-23

commoman81 Wrote:Yeah that is what exactly happens so does it not happen to 1.0.4 or still happens to you? But really other then this happening the script is awesome, I also have some slide shows that i did my self not sure how to add pictures maybe just email this to you and u can upload it for others but really looks pretty professional.

Thanks,

Yes this happen to me on both XBMC 10 and RC2 using 1.0.4 of the script. If I can get ahold of the 2 past versions of the script I will test those.

code - commoman81 - 2010-12-23

Which file do i place the code in to apply this, sorry just learning how to do this and actually started applying when i had to add the code for the cinema button lol

- icky - 2010-12-23

commoman81 Wrote:Which file do i place the code in to apply this, sorry just learning how to do this and actually started applying when i had to add the code for the cinema button lol

This code is for volume fade out in trivia, not for the problem of no volume at start of cinema experience.

Audio - commoman81 - 2010-12-23

icky Wrote:This code is for volume fade out in trivia, not for the problem of no volume at start of cinema experience.

Thank you very much love this stuff.

Volume fade out - commoman81 - 2010-12-23

ok lol still clueless on where to place the code cant find anything when i search through the files
sorry for the trouble

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-23

commoman81 Wrote:ok lol still clueless on where to place the code cant find anything when i search through the files
sorry for the trouble

\addons\script.cinema.experience\resources\lib\xbmcscript_trivia.py

- commoman81 - 2010-12-23

SlaveUnit Wrote:Yes this happen to me on both XBMC 10 and RC2 using 1.0.4 of the script. If I can get ahold of the 2 past versions of the script I will test those.

Thank you very much

- commoman81 - 2010-12-23

SlaveUnit Wrote:\addons\script.cinema.experience\resources\lib\xbmcscript_trivia.py

Thank you very much

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-24

PHP Code:
def _fade_volumeselfout=True ):

##############################################
        #self.settings = { "slideshow_music_volume": ( 1 - abs( float( Addon.getSetting( "slideshow_music_volume" ) ) ) / 60 ) * 100 }
        # set initial start/end values

volumes range0self.settings"slideshow_music_volume" ] )

# if fading out reverse order

if ( out ):

volumes.reverse()

# calc sleep time, 2 seconds for fade time

sleep_time intfloat2000 ) / lenvolumes ) )

# loop thru and set volume

for volume in volumes:

xbmc.executebuiltin"XBMC.SetVolume(%d)" % ( volume, ) )

# sleep

xbmc.sleepsleep_time 

here's a better version, you can place it anywhere insid the class in trivia.py. where to call it. that's a good question, my file is different, but try here

PHP Code:
def _show_intro_outroselftype="intro" ):

is_playing "True"        

if ( type == "outro" ):
            print 
"## Outro ##"

self._fade_volume()

self._play_video_playlist()

else:

--------------------------------------------------------

def _play_video_playlistself ):

# set this to -1 as True and False are taken

self.exiting = -1

# cancel timers

self._cancel_timers()

# turn screensaver back on

xbmc.executehttpapi"SetGUISetting(3,screensaver.mode,%s)" self.screensaver )

# we play the video playlist here so the screen does not flash

xbmc.Player().playself.playlist )

self._fade_volume(False)

# close trivia slide show

self.close() 

- commoman81 - 2010-12-24

Nothing working yet but will keep on trying.

- giftie - 2010-12-24

I have a chance to look at and fix the script tonight. I'll also add the code Nuka has supplied and also add the extra Video option. Please bear with me, it's been a killer work week..

Nuka - I don't mind updating this script, though if the new version is ready for testing, I wouldn't mind cannibalizing the settings to work with Dharma. Smile

audio - commoman81 - 2010-12-24

Awesome

- chunk1982 - 2010-12-24

i didnt mean for the countdown option to be added now lol was just a thought for the future please dont kill your self so close to the holidays we'll all still be here after all fat and content lol

but again thanks to all involved

- WheresWaldo - 2010-12-24

commoman81 Wrote:Does anyone have the same issue as i do when i have videos set to play before the film and also slide shows the audio sound goes down way low for the videos i can adjust this and try to keep as default but always goes back to the low db.

Yes I have the exact same issue, thought it was something I did, but it is CE that lowers the volume about -65 db (if the volume is low this makes it inaudible). The lowered volume seems to happen before the Slides play.

I see in the settings it defaults to 50%

- xmurrx - 2010-12-24

I downloaded the torrent in the first post. I got the script set up properly and its working great. I was just wondering if there were any packs of more modern-like intros and what not? the ones in the pack are all old ones from drive-in and all that. Don't get me wrong , I enjoy watching them very much but it just does not fit with the very modern fell of xbmc.