Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - kidhazy - 2012-08-18

Limit trailers using Australian Certifications not MPAA.

Has anyone look at using Certification ratings to limit the trailers that are stream in CE rather than MPAA ratings?

My NFO files look like this:
Code:
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0775552</id>
  <title>Aliens in the Attic</title>
  <originaltitle>Aliens in the Attic</originaltitle>
  <year>2009</year>
  <releasedate>3/09/2009</releasedate>
  <rating>5.3</rating>
  <votes>5,198</votes>
  <mpaa>Australia:PG</mpaa>
  <certification>Australia:PG</certification>
  <genre>Adventure / Comedy / Family / Fantasy / Sci-Fi</genre>
  <studio>Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation</studio>

The <mpaa> obviously doesn't match the tradition strings the CE searches for, so I end up being presented with any trailer as if my movies having got ratings.

Is there a way to change some of the code in CE to look use somehow match the Australian certification with the MPAA rating of the trailers ?

Cheers.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rahulvfx - 2012-08-19

I'm still confused about "how to work intermission" is I want to play a single movie/ single mkv using cinema button ...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-18, 10:48)kidhazy Wrote: Limit trailers using Australian Certifications not MPAA.

Has anyone look at using Certification ratings to limit the trailers that are stream in CE rather than MPAA ratings?

My NFO files look like this:
Code:
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0775552</id>
  <title>Aliens in the Attic</title>
  <originaltitle>Aliens in the Attic</originaltitle>
  <year>2009</year>
  <releasedate>3/09/2009</releasedate>
  <rating>5.3</rating>
  <votes>5,198</votes>
  <mpaa>Australia:PG</mpaa>
  <certification>Australia:PG</certification>
  <genre>Adventure / Comedy / Family / Fantasy / Sci-Fi</genre>
  <studio>Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation</studio>

The <mpaa> obviously doesn't match the tradition strings the CE searches for, so I end up being presented with any trailer as if my movies having got ratings.

Is there a way to change some of the code in CE to look use somehow match the Australian certification with the MPAA rating of the trailers ?

Cheers.

At the moment there the code for trailers is based on MPAA. The script at the moment only converts BFCC to equivalent MPAA(it's quite close but not exact.) this conversion is used for slides and playing trailers that are in a MPAA Rating(but the movie is in BFCC)

I would need to know how XBMC stores the Country rating in it's database and the possible ratings for me to do this.

(2012-08-19, 22:31)rahulvfx Wrote: I'm still confused about "how to work intermission" is I want to play a single movie/ single mkv using cinema button ...

The intermission videos are only for when queuing multiple movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rahulvfx - 2012-08-20

I tried putting a movie in Q and playing another movie through "Cinema" mode, but didn't find the intermission on the first movie at all on the other hand after finishing the first movie, my playback returned to the movie list view again... I'm using Eden, and my feature is set to 1... Do anymore setting is required? please help .... keen experience an intermission on single movie / file ...

Thanks

Greetz ...

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 07:03)rahulvfx Wrote: I tried putting a movie in Q and playing another movie through "Cinema" mode, but didn't find the intermission on the first movie at all on the other hand after finishing the first movie, my playback returned to the movie list view again... I'm using Eden, and my feature is set to 1... Do anymore setting is required? please help .... keen experience an intermission on single movie / file ...

Thanks

Greetz ...
You can only get the intermission videos with more than one movie.

You need to use a skin that has the proper Cinema Experience integration. There are a couple of them, Transparency!, Aeon MQ3/4 and I think Aeon Nox has it as well. I don't keep track of what skin does what, too difficult to keep up with them.

Transparency! has a skin setting that allows the script to be integrated onto the home page. I think it is part of the Movies sub menu. Starting from this location allows the user to queue up the number of movies that they have set in Cinema Experience's 'Number of features' setting. The number needs to be set greater than 1 for the intermissions to be included. Also you cannot start the script from the info page while you are in this mode, as there would be two instances of Cinema Experience started and the script should cancel out of both(though sometimes XBMC tries to run both.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - queequeeg78 - 2012-08-20

Hello everyone, a while back I had posted a message asking if it was possible to associate a button to start up Cinema Experience. Instead of going into the movie properties and then manually hitting "Cinema Ex". It worked back then and was just wondering is it still possible to do this after the changes of Eden and this script?

My reason is that I just bought a brand new remote and i would like to be able to hit a button and have the cinema script lauch from that button.

Thanks in advance Smile

Oh also I don't know if this was already answered which I will look for it, after the trivia portion is done the volume display shows it going all the way down then up, is there a way to remove that?

Ok thanks [/align]

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-20, 21:15)queequeeg78 Wrote: Hello everyone, a while back I had posted a message asking if it was possible to associate a button to start up Cinema Experience. Instead of going into the movie properties and then manually hitting "Cinema Ex". It worked back then and was just wondering is it still possible to do this after the changes of Eden and this script?

My reason is that I just bought a brand new remote and i would like to be able to hit a button and have the cinema script lauch from that button.

Nothing should be different than before.

Quote:Thanks in advance Smile

Oh also I don't know if this was already answered which I will look for it, after the trivia portion is done the volume display shows it going all the way down then up, is there a way to remove that?

Ok thanks [/align]

XBMC had changes made before Eden was released that causes the Volume Bar to show up. I had given skin developers the ability to sense when Cinema Experience is running. This could be used to hide the volume bar.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - queequeeg78 - 2012-08-21

Thanks giftie!

You wrote a step by step on how to broadcast events with the start of this script. I was wondering has anything from then changed now? The reason why I ask, is because for some reason I cannot get the script to broadcast. I setup the same way I did before, but for some reason it just wont broadcast anything from the home_automation.py.

Well thanks for the response Smile

*UPDATE*
Nope find why it wasn't lol thanks giftie for the step by step description how to do this! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - crashswiftly - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-20, 21:15)queequeeg78 Wrote: Hello everyone, a while back I had posted a message asking if it was possible to associate a button to start up Cinema Experience. Instead of going into the movie properties and then manually hitting "Cinema Ex". It worked back then and was just wondering is it still possible to do this after the changes of Eden and this script?

Thanks in advance Smile

Ok thanks [/align]

I asked the same question about the volume control displaying a few posts back. I decided to just remove the XML file associated with it so the volume icon never displays. If you want to do this, the xml file is named "DialogVolumeBar" without the quote marks. If you are using the Confluence skin, the XML file will be located in XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p. I didn't delete the file, I just cut it from the 720p folder and put it in a new folder outside of the 720p folder so I could put it back if I wanted to later. I have seen no problem with the functionality of the skin and the Volume is still controllable as normal. Now the icon just doesn't show up.
Hope this info helps you.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - User 55003 - 2012-08-26

Quote:I asked the same question about the volume control displaying a few posts back. I decided to just remove the XML file associated with it so the volume icon never displays. If you want to do this, the xml file is named "DialogVolumeBar" without the quote marks. If you are using the Confluence skin, the XML file will be located in XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p. I didn't delete the file, I just cut it from the 720p folder and put it in a new folder outside of the 720p folder so I could put it back if I wanted to later. I have seen no problem with the functionality of the skin and the Volume is still controllable as normal. Now the icon just doesn't show up.
Hope this info helps you.

There is no need to delete the file, just add a visible condition to the first control group <visible>!SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True)</visible>
Then your volume bar should work as normal when not running Cinema Experience.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2012-09-03

Hi guys can anyone shed some light as to what has happened to me CE i have set to run 2 special intros and 1 trailer and all was working fine then i changed skin from Transparent to confluence light and now it just plays 1 special intro then the movie? so i've now gone back to the Transparent skin and its still not working as it did, tried uninstall of CE but still the same pastebin log below dont know if it will help or not, Cheers

Pastebin log

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-09-03

Got an answer for you... You're using a development version of XBMC and the script has not been programmed to work with it yet.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2012-09-03

Thanks for the reply, but i've been using the development version and CE for a while now and it was working fine untill i changed the skin to confluence light

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-09-04

The error showing in the log is caused by the changes in XBMC. And this error stops the script from adding any other videos after the error. The problem is they changed how XBMC reports Genres in JSON(among many other things) This is where it is having a problem. If you try a video that has a single genre it should work.

I'll have a fix out soon...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2012-09-04

Thats brilliant news on the fix mate topman Wink