Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Hetfiled - 2012-09-04

Hi Giftie
first of all .. thank you for this amazing add-on .. and sorry for my bad english..

I use this plugin from yesterday, and i have couple of question

1) where can I find a "movie intro"?

2) is it possible choose the language trailers ?

Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - azula - 2012-09-07

I apologize in advance for asking this if it's already been answered but is there currently a way to have the trivia portion play indefinitely until I'm ready to manually start the next phase in CE? For instance, I would like the trivia to play until I manually want to move to the trailers/feature presentations.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rockstartower - 2012-09-12

(2012-07-26, 06:49)canadave Wrote: All I have to do now is figure out how to get it to not "break out of CE momentarily" when transitioning from the trivia slides to the movie theater intro clip. When it does that, it briefly shows my XBMC movie collection screen for a second or two before jumping back to CE and resuming with the movie theater intro clip. But this is a minor quibble...I can live with it Smile It's probably just the fact that I'm trying to run this on the underpowered Apple TV2.

Anyway thanks again!

I have this exact same problem, however, the difference is. I don't have a underpowered mac. I have an i7 3.4 gh pc that also has a top end graphics card. So I doubt this issue is based off of computing power. For me it won't always show the movie selection screen, just some of the time, and it's only for a split second. I have only ran CE a couple times where it has never shown the movie selection for at least a split second.

If there is any way to fix this issue I would be very interested. Like said before, it is a very minor issue. But it still takes a little away from the whole experience.

EDIT: Just found this from earlier:

Quote:2: when the trivia slide show times out, the screen fades to black to start the next event. In my case, a commercial is played from the local drive. when this happens, the movie information screen re-appears for about 1 to 2 seconds. then the commercial plays and the rest of the "experience" continues. Is there a setting that can be used to hide this from happening so i won't see the information screen? I'm betting there is and I just havn't figured it out yet.

There problem is that XBMC is not ready yet to play te video. I am working on a way to keep the background blacked out until the video starts(just haven't figure that out yet)

Guess that answers my question ^^

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-09-15

I switched from a stand alone library to a mysql shared library and I lost all my settings for all of my addons. I couldn't get CE working right after that. It kept locking up, so I deleted it and tried to reinstall, but now it's marked broken for dependencies. Short of starting from scratch with a new install of XBMC, is there anything you'd suggest I try? Oh, and I'm on Openelec.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xm41907 - 2012-09-16

I had a few issues, so I decided to do a clean wipe of the system and start fresh. I'm still having issues with CE. I've got Apple Trailers Lite installed, but when I try to use CE as soon as the trivia slides finish, XBMC reboots automatically. If I disable trailers and just try to run a slideshow then the movie, as soon as I start the script, the screen goes blank and freezes. Here is a pastebin for when it reboots automatically:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8634

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - lallhands - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-04, 03:39)giftie Wrote: The error showing in the log is caused by the changes in XBMC. And this error stops the script from adding any other videos after the error. The problem is they changed how XBMC reports Genres in JSON(among many other things) This is where it is having a problem. If you try a video that has a single genre it should work.

I'll have a fix out soon...

Will running the CE script without genre and/or rating trailer restrictions fix this in the mean time?

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - acpowell - 2012-09-19

I apologize if this was already answered but how do you tell CE where the quizzes are located? When I choose to use the quiz mode it doesn’t allow me to choose a source folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - aptalca - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-19, 16:19)acpowell Wrote: I apologize if this was already answered but how do you tell CE where the quizzes are located? When I choose to use the quiz mode it doesn’t allow me to choose a source folder.

I believe quiz mode launches the "Movie Quiz" add-on

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - blackreign66 - 2012-09-20

Giftie,

Is there a way to have CE play an THX trailer before a specific movie such as Avatar or Terminator 2 instead of the DTSHD_MA audio trailer that plays? Or even better have it so both THX and DTSHD trailers play?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - constrictor - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-04, 03:39)giftie Wrote: The error showing in the log is caused by the changes in XBMC. And this error stops the script from adding any other videos after the error. The problem is they changed how XBMC reports Genres in JSON(among many other things) This is where it is having a problem. If you try a video that has a single genre it should work.

I'll have a fix out soon...

Thanks for the info. I am having this same problem and eagerly await the fix! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - eastfrisian - 2012-09-22

is it right that the trailer option doesn't work right now? i can't get it work.

btw: i have added a folder structure on my pc like it is shown in the wiki:

audio
- dts
- dolby
- dts-ma

but it doenst work. every folder has a file, but when i set the "audio" folder in addon options, nothing happens.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bastian1138 - 2012-09-22

(2012-09-20, 20:15)blackreign66 Wrote: Giftie,

Is there a way to have CE play an THX trailer before a specific movie such as Avatar or Terminator 2 instead of the DTSHD_MA audio trailer that plays? Or even better have it so both THX and DTSHD trailers play?

I too have the same question. I've searched the board but maybe I overlooked the answer. Is there a way to do this?

Also, same question for the feature presentation intro, can it be worked out so that one certain video plays every time and then other random ones play with it?

And same question with trailers. Is there a way to have it play trailers from a certain folder plus stream new ones from Apple?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - warumdenn - 2012-09-23

Hi !

I´m from Germany , Thanks for this great Program !

Is there any chance to change the scraper from Quicktime to movie maze.de for downloading German Trailers?

Maybe to change the Language from Qucktime ? :-)

Thanks a lot , YOU ROCK !!!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - eastfrisian - 2012-09-23

ah, ein deutscher Smile

sag mal, hast du das mit den audio-trailern hinbekommen? ich habe zwar die ordner mit entsprechenden dateien angelegt, aber da passiert nichts.

die trailer-funktion funktioniert auch nicht, da lädt einfach nichts.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - warumdenn - 2012-09-23

Hi !

Hab das mit den audio Trailern nicht getestet (Brauch ich irgendwie nicht)

Trailer und Intro Movie läuft Smile hast du den Cinema Button?

Check mal Movie Rating etc. Evt. Schließt er deine Filme aus !

So war das bei mir :-)