Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - simon_rb - 2012-10-04

Hi all,

What a fantastic addon. Just curious how people setup this addon to look like cineworld in the uk. I found some YouTube trailers for cineworld and guess you just link to them with the apple trailers?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - andrewf - 2012-10-04

how do i do a pastebin (completely from the start) only i've never done one and I am having similar problems to the post a few earlier than this one.

Am using MQ4, script completely by passing coming attractions intro, trailer and outro. Then playing countdown and audio but no rating and most of all no movie!!!

Cheers Andy

PS on a side note as the script says must have trivia into order to download trailer, is this the case for trailers in a local file? Also if so is there a minimum time needed for slides as i like trailers but dont tend to watch the slides.

Also am I right in thinking that if you dont accept trailers there is no way to view coming attractions outro? I use this for all my classic food and drink videos and it would be nice to have with or without a trailer.

Cheers (again) Andy

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-04, 23:04)simon_rb Wrote: Hi all,

What a fantastic addon. Just curious how people setup this addon to look like cineworld in the uk. I found some YouTube trailers for cineworld and guess you just link to them with the apple trailers?

You need to have these videos as local video files that XBMC understands and place them into folders appropriate to the type of video(see the first page of this thread)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-04, 23:46)andrewf Wrote: how do i do a pastebin (completely from the start) only i've never done one and I am having similar problems to the post a few earlier than this one.
You can use the addon I have linked in my signature
Quote:Am using MQ4, script completely by passing coming attractions intro, trailer and outro. Then playing countdown and audio but no rating and most of all no movie!!!

Cheers Andy

PS on a side note as the script says must have trivia into order to download trailer, is this the case for trailers in a local file? Also if so is there a minimum time needed for slides as i like trailers but dont tend to watch the slides.
The slides need to play for however long it takes to download the set number of trailers, there is no specific time, all based on your connection to Apple Trailers. This is not necessary with trailers stored locally.
Quote:Also am I right in thinking that if you dont accept trailers there is no way to view coming attractions outro? I use this for all my classic food and drink videos and it would be nice to have with or without a trailer.
That is correct, both the intro/outros are skipped if trailers are not found/added.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2012-10-05

@giftie

do you have a timeline for frodo version ?

Greets
Eisi

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - simon_rb - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 03:48)giftie Wrote:

You need to have these videos as local video files that XBMC understands and place them into folders appropriate to the type of video(see the first page of this thread)

Cheers, I'll be trying to get it working later.. Does the loading sign on the bottom right appear each time a new file is played?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jwborc39963 - 2012-10-05

I installed one of the nightly builds of XBMC 12 and I saw that this doesn't work anymore. after looking at the logs, I see this: ERROR: TypeError: 'xbmc.PlayList' object is unsubscriptable.

Does anyone know if this is a bug of a nightly build or if the next version of XBMC is going to take away the ability to have a playlist/queue?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - andrewf - 2012-10-05

(2012-10-05, 04:09)giftie Wrote:
(2012-10-04, 23:46)andrewf Wrote: how do i do a pastebin (completely from the start) only i've never done one and I am having similar problems to the post a few earlier than this one.
You can use the addon I have linked in my signature
Quote:Am using MQ4, script completely by passing coming attractions intro, trailer and outro. Then playing countdown and audio but no rating and most of all no movie!!!

Cheers Andy

The slides need to play for however long it takes to download the set number of trailers, there is no specific time, all based on your connection to Apple Trailers. This is not necessary with trailers stored locally.
Quote:Also am I right in thinking that if you dont accept trailers there is no way to view coming attractions outro? I use this for all my classic food and drink videos and it would be nice to have with or without a trailer.
That is correct, both the intro/outros are skipped if trailers are not found/added.

cheers for the replies...i'll set up again first then try your sig.

Locally stores trailers - thought that would be the case, must be something wrong with my set up. Worked before so mighty confused. May be issue with it and MQ4?
(2012-10-05, 13:25)simon_rb Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 03:48)giftie Wrote:

Cheers, I'll be trying to get it working later.. Does the loading sign on the bottom right appear each time a new file is played?

Simon - re these extras I would make a point of visiting all the links at the start of this thread as there are loads of videos to copy and rating and more...its a must.

Also I 'imagine' that if someone wanted to they might discover a way to store videos viewed on the web so they could view them locally.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jwborc39963 - 2012-10-05

believe it or not, the plugin is semi capable with froto... you have to comment our a single line in the addon.py.

Comment out this line:
movie_title = playlist[ 0 ].GetProperties

then add this line below it:
movie_title = "test"

The plugin will work normally for anything that doesn't parse the movie details

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-05, 23:47)jwborc39963 Wrote: believe it or not, the plugin is semi capable with froto... you have to comment our a single line in the addon.py.

Comment out this line:
movie_title = playlist[ 0 ].GetProperties

then add this line below it:
movie_title = "test"

The plugin will work normally for anything that doesn't parse the movie details

Then it actually is not working...

They shifted the language that addons use to a different method of integration into XBMC. It still is a work in progress. They will also be changing other things that will drastically affect this script. These are the reasons why I haven't been fixing this script to work with a development version of XBMC.;

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2012-10-06

@jwborc

i dont have these movie_title = playlist ...... line in my addon.py

@giftie

hope to see a version in next time. I miss it Smile

Greets
Eisi

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - simon_rb - 2012-10-06

Quote:Cheers, I'll be trying to get it working later.. Does the loading sign on the bottom right appear each time a new file is played?
Quote:Simon - re these extras I would make a point of visiting all the links at the start of this thread as there are loads of videos to copy and rating and more...its a must.

Also I 'imagine' that if someone wanted to they might discover a way to store videos viewed on the web so they could view them locally.

Hi,

Thanks for reading my comment and taking time to reply. I was asking if there was a quick way rather than the proper way. Any hows, all working great and I did read about how to remove the loading at the bottom right hand corner however I'm not sure that the quartz skin I'm using is compatible. Found the !SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True) and the myvideonv.xml however not sure where to paste it amongst all the code.

What skins are you guys using? I don't mind change :-)

My other question is does the video your playing have to be in you library? Some of mine are not in the library, so I setup a keymap to run the script which works from within the library however if I browse my files and do the same it loads the script however plays the first three random videos, skips trailers and goes straight to the last video to be played before the main film starts, then it stops (doesn't play the film).

It is a great plugin and it really does give you the full cinema feeling.

So I'd like to thank all the developers for all there hard work - espeacially with people like my asking daft questions.

Thank you

Edit:- I saw the windows the script will load from.. Is there a reason it will not load when browsing files?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 18:01)simon_rb Wrote:
Quote:Cheers, I'll be trying to get it working later.. Does the loading sign on the bottom right appear each time a new file is played?
Quote:Simon - re these extras I would make a point of visiting all the links at the start of this thread as there are loads of videos to copy and rating and more...its a must.

Hi,

Thanks for reading my comment and taking time to reply. I was asking if there was a quick way rather than the proper way. Any hows, all working great and I did read about how to remove the loading at the bottom right hand corner however I'm not sure that the quartz skin I'm using is compatible. Found the !SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True) and the myvideonv.xml however not sure where to paste it amongst all the code.
The property is used by skins to control visibility of the Buffering/Please Wait/Loading screens. Not a skin developer so not 100% sure where to put it, just supply it for them.
Quote:What skins are you guys using? I don't mind change :-)
I use Transparency! for most of my testing..
Quote:My other question is does the video your playing have to be in you library? Some of mine are not in the library, so I setup a keymap to run the script which works from within the library however if I browse my files and do the same it loads the script however plays the first three random videos, skips trailers and goes straight to the last video to be played before the main film starts, then it stops (doesn't play the film).
The script needs the the videos to be in the database. It uses database IDs and other details to build it's playlist.
Quote:It is a great plugin and it really does give you the full cinema feeling.

So I'd like to thank all the developers for all there hard work - espeacially with people like my asking daft questions.

Thank you

Edit:- I saw the windows the script will load from.. Is there a reason it will not load when browsing files?
The script needs specific information from XBMC and the skin to work. That is why it starts from the Video Info page.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - simon_rb - 2012-10-07

Giftie,

Thank you for answering every question I asked. Again excellent plugin, I'll add the files to the library if I'm going to use the script.

Cheers :-)

Edit:- I disabled the trailer age rating and matching the film type and the script runs fine from my keyboard short cut, however the film isn't inserted at the end so just have to add that to playlist towards the end..

Now to see if anybody on here has had success inserting that bit of code into the myvideonv.xml to stop the buffer/loading/working showing up..
Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - andrewf - 2012-10-07

Morning

OK so it looks like the issue I had of CE not working may be with MQ4 as switched to the latest Nox and it works great with zero changes.....back to the MQ4 thread to see if a known issue.
Smile