Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nebrunner - 2012-10-17

I got this installed and configured tonight. I use aeon nox which should support ok. Everything seems correct but there is no 'cinema play' selection. I am using an older eden build that allows bitstreaming hd audio.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - truthlesshero - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-17, 05:22)nebrunner Wrote: I got this installed and configured tonight. I use aeon nox which should support ok. Everything seems correct but there is no 'cinema play' selection. I am using an older eden build that allows bitstreaming hd audio.

i am not sure what you mean by "cinema play"
if you have the addon installed and configured the way you like it, the way to make it work in aeon nox is you have to open the context menu ("c" button) on the movie you like, then click "movie information" and the second option on the right side should be "cinema"...click on that and the script should work...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nebrunner - 2012-10-18

Thanks, I was looking at the 'additional info' screen and not the 'Information' screen, I see it now!

Does the folder structure for the DTS/Dolby/etc. trailers have to be strictly named like the first page diagram shows? Do I point the configure screen to the top level directory and it knows to go into DTS, DTS-MA, etc? And if I put multiple Dolby videos into the Dolby Digital folder will it always grab the same one or will it randomly get one?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Kokonutcreme - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-18, 00:09)nebrunner Wrote: Thanks, I was looking at the 'additional info' screen and not the 'Information' screen, I see it now!

Does the folder structure for the DTS/Dolby/etc. trailers have to be strictly named like the first page diagram shows? Do I point the configure screen to the top level directory and it knows to go into DTS, DTS-MA, etc? And if I put multiple Dolby videos into the Dolby Digital folder will it always grab the same one or will it randomly get one?

Does the folder structure for the DTS/Dolby/etc. trailers have to be strictly named like the first page diagram shows? Yes

Do I point the configure screen to the top level directory and it knows to go into DTS, DTS-MA, etc? Yes

And if I put multiple Dolby videos into the Dolby Digital folder will it always grab the same one or will it randomly get one? Random

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wo0d1e - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-13, 00:46)lallhands Wrote: Openelec 1.99.2 released yesterday, still having same issue after the KERNEL and SYSTEM update from 1.99.1 to 1.99.2...

Any joy with your CE add on yet ? I have updated to 1.99.2. Still no joy Sad

Really considering rolling back to earlier version until fixed for openelec. It's pushed me to start to study a little more about Python in the hopes of one day understanding it all a little more Wink

Thanks guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nelsonamen - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-18, 14:30)wo0d1e Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 00:46)lallhands Wrote: Openelec 1.99.2 released yesterday, still having same issue after the KERNEL and SYSTEM update from 1.99.1 to 1.99.2...

Really considering rolling back to earlier version until fixed for openelec. It's pushed me to start to study a little more about Python in the hopes of one day understanding it all a little more Wink

Thanks guys.

Its already in version 2.0.0

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wo0d1e - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-18, 16:22)nelsonamen Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 14:30)wo0d1e Wrote:

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the heads up it must have been released in the last day or so. I haven't had my HTPC on for a few days. Can I'll have to try CE tonight and see if CE works with the new Stable version. I am hopeful Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nelsonamen - 2012-10-18

(2012-10-18, 16:38)wo0d1e Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 16:22)nelsonamen Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 14:30)wo0d1e Wrote: Any joy with your CE add on yet ? I have updated to 1.99.2. Still no joy Sad

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the heads up it must have been released in the last day or so. I haven't had my HTPC on for a few days. Can I'll have to try CE tonight and see if CE works with the new Stable version. I am hopeful Big Grin

still does not work with 2.0.0

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - felixxx999 - 2012-10-18

Got things working nicely.

A quick question: I'm more of a classic film fan and I'd like to have the Cinema Experience be more like old-time movie theathers. So I have a large collection of classic trailers on my hard drive. My wife loves the streaming Apple ones already working GREAT in CE. So I'm attempting to do this:

Classic movie trailers (3)
Drive in ads (3)
Theater welcome
Coming Attractions intro
Coming Attractions (Apple)
On With the Show! video
Feature Presentation open
Sound open (Dolby Digital and so on.. but I'm tempted to remove this due to them not fitting the theme of old time movies)
movie
Feature Presentation close
theather close

The order I have things set up in the script are:

Trivia (which I don't use as trivia)
instead I have the Trivia Intro folder have classic movie trailers; trailer outro have drivein theater ads
Theater open
coming attractions open
coming attractions (Apple)
coming attractions close (usually On With the Show drive in clips)
feature presention
audio clip (DTS and so on)
movie
feature presention close
Theater close

now the problem is, is that I don't want to use the Trivia, but I do want to use the Trivia video ins and outs for trailers then old drive in ads.

But testing last night I could not get Trivia Intro videos to play... but I could get Trivia outro to play.

Understand? Can I get the Trivia Intro to play if I don't actually have trivia in the middle? Should I just put some movie stills in the trivia section and have them play for a few seconds between the Trivia Intro and Outro?

A future feature request would be an ability to add more video elements so I could play BOTH locally stored trailers and the streaming ones from Apple. Possibility to add Cartoons and Newsreels (maybe even have them stream from the web!) before the coming attractions.
**EDIT: I see Trivia Intro in doesn't work? Sorry. I guess I'm just limited now. thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hunkyn - 2012-10-19

Guys quick question i downloaed the latest version 2.0.57 available on github but it does not work for me. Does this work with frodo latest nightly and Nox 4.0 git?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 00:52)hunkyn Wrote: Guys quick question i downloaed the latest version 2.0.57 available on github but it does not work for me. Does this work with frodo latest nightly and Nox 4.0 git?

Thanks

It does not work with Frodo since about Alpha 4. This is due to a lot of changes in XBMC.

(2012-10-18, 18:53)felixxx999 Wrote: Got things working nicely.

A quick question: I'm more of a classic film fan and I'd like to have the Cinema Experience be more like old-time movie theathers. So I have a large collection of classic trailers on my hard drive. My wife loves the streaming Apple ones already working GREAT in CE. So I'm attempting to do this:

Classic movie trailers (3)
Drive in ads (3)
Theater welcome
Coming Attractions intro
Coming Attractions (Apple)
On With the Show! video
Feature Presentation open
Sound open (Dolby Digital and so on.. but I'm tempted to remove this due to them not fitting the theme of old time movies)
movie
Feature Presentation close
theather close

The order I have things set up in the script are:

Trivia (which I don't use as trivia)
instead I have the Trivia Intro folder have classic movie trailers; trailer outro have drivein theater ads
Theater open
coming attractions open
coming attractions (Apple)
coming attractions close (usually On With the Show drive in clips)
feature presention
audio clip (DTS and so on)
movie
feature presention close
Theater close

now the problem is, is that I don't want to use the Trivia, but I do want to use the Trivia video ins and outs for trailers then old drive in ads.

But testing last night I could not get Trivia Intro videos to play... but I could get Trivia outro to play.

Understand? Can I get the Trivia Intro to play if I don't actually have trivia in the middle? Should I just put some movie stills in the trivia section and have them play for a few seconds between the Trivia Intro and Outro?

A future feature request would be an ability to add more video elements so I could play BOTH locally stored trailers and the streaming ones from Apple. Possibility to add Cartoons and Newsreels (maybe even have them stream from the web!) before the coming attractions.
**EDIT: I see Trivia Intro in doesn't work? Sorry. I guess I'm just limited now. thanks.

The script only plays the Intro's and Outro's for Trivia and Trailers if there is the required picture slides for trivia and trailers that are actually added to the playlist. The original programmer was working on a method for the user to select the order of the videos for playback(pre-Dharma) I will be doing another large revamp of the code(mainly to get it working with the upcoming Frodo and to make things a little quicker and easier.) I may add the ability for user to reorder the actual playlist.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hunkyn - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 01:27)giftie Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 00:52)hunkyn Wrote: Guys quick question i downloaed the latest version 2.0.57 available on github but it does not work for me. Does this work with frodo latest nightly and Nox 4.0 git?

Thanks

It does not work with Frodo since about Alpha 4. This is due to a lot of changes in XBMC.

Thanks giftie. I will start watching this thread and your github.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - lallhands - 2012-10-19

So I have a solution. I decided to try the 32bit version of Openelec 2.0 and everything works perfectly! Since I only use 2 GB RAM and xbmc is a 32 bit application I am content. You can easily roll back to a 32 bit by copying the KERNEL, SYSTEM and associated md5 files into the Update folder and reboot - viola!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - lallhands - 2012-10-19

Before you roll back to 32 bit on Openelec, be sure to change SABnzbd suite if you are using it by following the instructions here: http://openelec.tv/forum/80-sabnzbd-suite/25780-your-unrar-version-is-not-recommended#26192

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - nelsonamen - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-19, 03:32)lallhands Wrote: So I have a solution. I decided to try the 32bit version of Openelec 2.0 and everything works perfectly! Since I only use 2 GB RAM and xbmc is a 32 bit application I am content. You can easily roll back to a 32 bit by copying the KERNEL, SYSTEM and associated md5 files into the Update folder and reboot - viola!

I think this option is not for me i have xtreamer ultra 2 OpenELEC 2.0 (stable) - 2.0.0 Ultra x86_64 (108MB) MD5 only have this download