Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sarakha63 - 2012-10-26

i noticed that the option for playing trailer for onl unwatched movies does'nt work, it plays watched movies.

Is there a way to fix that (i'm able to moify the py files if you can point me to where the bug is

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Mdiehl - 2012-10-27

As I'm working thought the configuration of this great addition to XBMC, I'm curious as to whether people are using ISO images, or converted files of just the feature.

I am under the assumption that if I direct cinema experience to play a movie that is an ISO, it will (in essence) do an auto-play, thus triggering any of the FBI warnings, trailers on the disc, and anything else before getting to the root menu. Obviously, I am scraping trailers from the Apple repository, and I don't think I would want the DVD menu playing before the feature.

I am hesitant to rip down the DVD, for fear of losing some audio and video quality, and right now would have to perform this task on about 400 titles. Therefore, I would like to query people on the thread first before I start the conversion process on what works best without loss of quality.

Thanks to the group for a great board, and support!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Tomkun - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-27, 05:20)Mdiehl Wrote: As I'm working thought the configuration of this great addition to XBMC, I'm curious as to whether people are using ISO images, or converted files of just the feature.

I am under the assumption that if I direct cinema experience to play a movie that is an ISO, it will (in essence) do an auto-play, thus triggering any of the FBI warnings, trailers on the disc, and anything else before getting to the root menu. Obviously, I am scraping trailers from the Apple repository, and I don't think I would want the DVD menu playing before the feature.

I am hesitant to rip down the DVD, for fear of losing some audio and video quality, and right now would have to perform this task on about 400 titles. Therefore, I would like to query people on the thread first before I start the conversion process on what works best without loss of quality.

Thanks to the group for a great board, and support!

If you mux the DVD to an MKV you will not lose any quality at all. Plus it doesn't take very long as there is no conversion going on.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-10-31

Hi guys! I am new to Cinema Experience and am having a bit of some issues here. The slides and all the videos work just fine, but the only thing I have is sound and no video when it plays the apple movie trailers and my intro video. When the movie starts, it works perfectly with video and sound! Can someone help me fix this problem? Here is my software setup:

XBMC 11.0 Eden
Cinema Experience 2.0.57

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-10-31

Come on guys!! I'm startin to get desperate here. I want this thing to work properly!!Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-31, 21:04)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote: Come on guys!! I'm startin to get desperate here. I want this thing to work properly!!Sad

A debug log is needed

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-11-01

Here ya go.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12130

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-11-01

Hello? Anyone there?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-01

Short question:

Is it possible to make this be the standard start of an movie. When I hit "enter" or "play"?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-01

(2012-11-01, 17:36)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote: Hello? Anyone there?

It doesn't appear that you are using an official version of XBMC, but the DXVA version, correct? If so, you will need to bring up the problem there as it is a playback issue not a script issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-11-02

I'm using the Eden version which is version number 11.0 and the latest version of XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-02

Hi

Posted a question for not a long time ago.

but I have some more of them.

I look at the folder picture at page one. Do I understand this right that this script is possible to se what kind of sound and type of quality
it is on the movie, and then choose the start video and so on.
To "show" this before the movie start, with sound teasers and things like that.

I tried to read me to this. But there are 85 pages of chat ind info. And yes, I think that is a bit much to read.

Is there and HOWTO or something anywhere?

Hope someone can help me with this. Explain a little bit maybe...

Sorry to not understand this, but the little I have found out looks incredible.

:-)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 00:02)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote: I'm using the Eden version which is version number 11.0 and the latest version of XBMC.

Ok. The problem is still with-in XBMC as the script just provides XBMC a Playlist. The following error:
Code:
18:04:22 T:744   ERROR: DXVA - failed executing m_process->VideoProcessBlt(target, &blt, &samp[offset], count, NULL) at line 1592 with error 8876086c
is where the problem is happening... This is happening with the streamed trailers.

Can you try the addon 'The Trailers' -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587 (available through the official repo) This addon also pulls trailers from Apple Trailers.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Tomkun - 2012-11-02

Now that the HTTP API is being depricated, will this have any adverse effect on the script? I am thinking especially of the home automation part...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 01:03)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi

Posted a question for not a long time ago.

but I have some more of them.

I look at the folder picture at page one. Do I understand this right that this script is possible to see what kind of sound and type of quality
it is on the movie, and then choose the start video and so on.
If the Movie has been properly scraped. XBMC uses FFMpeg to determine the audio formats, FFMpeg(the version used in XBMC) fails to detect DTS-MA(HD or otherwise) so using the internal scraping will miss some audio formats. Ember looks uses another program to determine the audio stream option(MediaInfo is the program) and it pulls all(or almost all) audio stream details. The script will match the audio to the folder if you have them properly labelled(as the picture shows 'Audio folder -> Dolby, DTS, etc.)
Quote:To "show" this before the movie start, with sound teasers and things like that.

I tried to read me to this. But there are 85 pages of chat ind info. And yes, I think that is a bit much to read.
You need to set up the scripts settings and tell the script what you want played and where the script can find these files
Quote:Is there and HOWTO or something anywhere?
Sorry, no HOWTO guide. I asked some one to write one up but no one offered
Quote:Hope someone can help me with this. Explain a little bit maybe...

Sorry to not understand this, but the little I have found out looks incredible.

:-)
It is not a simple script to understand(or program... Smile ) but questions are always happily answered
(2012-11-02, 01:48)Tomkun Wrote: Now that the HTTP API is being depricated, will this have any adverse effect on the script? I am thinking especially of the home automation part...

Sadly yes... Two things will be affected, once I make a Frodo version.

1. The will not be an ability to disable the Automatic Refresh rate when viewing the intro/outro videos
2. The script controlled the Screensaver during the slideshow(stopped it from coming on, then restored it when it finished running) There is a pull request adding this option, but I don't think it will make it into Frodo(new feature, not a bug)

Also the Broadcasting to VoxCommando will be broken, so I guess there is three things...

The Home Automation part will only be broken if it uses the HTTP API, don't worry too much, I'm sure once Frodo comes out, there will be ways to make things work.