Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-02

Almost every movie I have is . ISO files.
Someone shows up with just DVD, some with DVD and Dolby Digital and some with just SD 576 and Dolby Digital.
Just to mention what I this the scraper reads from my files.
Many movies with no info that I can see about audio, and quality.

Is it then possible to use this script?

Thanks for the help so far, I think I understand a little more.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - m1k3yb0y56 - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 01:46)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 00:02)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote: I'm using the Eden version which is version number 11.0 and the latest version of XBMC.

Can you try the addon 'The Trailers' -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587 (available through the official repo)

Okay I have the suggested addon installed. I went ahead and removed the Apple Movie trailer addon. Is there a way to make the trailers addon work with CE?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - steq184 - 2012-11-02

(2012-10-25, 10:22)steq184 Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 19:25)kruuth Wrote: Did you set the curtains as the outro?

(2012-10-25, 00:05)giftie Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 18:17)steq184 Wrote: Hi
Have just downloaded the Cinema Experience add-on and am very impressed, I have managed to get it working of a sorts. Not saying I have set it up correctly but at the moment it all works apart from at the end it returns to the movies menu rather than playing the movie.

I have it set up as so:
CURTAINS OPEN:
special Videos / Movie Theatre Intro Clips / Single Vid Playlist.
File / Curtains Open.

PEARL & DEAN:
Movie Trailers / Coming Attractions Intro / Single Vid Playlist.
File / Pearl & Dean.

APPLE TRAILERS:
Movie Trailers / Movie Trailers 2 Trailers.

ROBOTS (Turn Your Phone Off):
Special Videos / Movie Countdown Video / Single Video / Playlist.
Movie Countdown Video File / Robots (Turn Your Phone Off)

COUNTDOWN:
Special Videos / Feature Presentation Outro / Single Video /Playlist.
File / Countdown.

CURTAINS SHUT:
special Video / Movie Theatre Outro Clips / Single Video / Playlist.
File / Curtains Shut.

Have searched for a step by step guide to no avail.
Once I have it working I will go into it a bit more but want to have it working properly first.

I have another question also:
I have also downloaded the videos for Dolby etc and have placed them in their repective folders, how do I get these to play before a movie?
Do I have to edit the file name of the movie so as to distinguish what audio it is?
Sorry if a dumb question.
Cheers Steve

Sorry forgot to add that I am using XBMC 11.0 Git on a windows xp machine

What Version of Cinema Experience are you using?

i am using version 10.46

Thankyou Giftie, have now downloaded the Eden version and now working well. Just the matter of now getting the videos for the audio format to work, the videos are all in the respective folders and are named as page 1 and in correct case.
Any idea why they are not playing?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Araldwenn - 2012-11-02

Any chance to have this scrupt updated for frodo (maybe an ETA if so ?) ?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Vausey - 2012-11-02

Hi guys,

I've had cinema running on older builds of XBMC but since the Eden update it will not play anything past the intro movie?

It's quits with the error message:

"Next item in playlist can not be found"

And returns back to the movie wall

I have it configured as follows;

1) Feature Presentation Intro Movie ("coming soon" video)
2) 4 trailers (no intro or outro videos)
3) Feature Presentation Outro Movie ("feature presentation" video)
4) The Movie

I have also tried moving the intro and outro videos to be in/out to be trailers special videos. In this set up nothing plays and the script just returns to the movie wall?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For Info:
I'm running Eden on a Mac Mini (2011 model).
Skin is Aeon Nox.
All the intro/outro video's are stored locally in a XMBC Cinema Experience folder.
They are all mp4 file format.

If you need anymore details let me know

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 12:02)Araldwenn Wrote: Any chance to have this scrupt updated for frodo (maybe an ETA if so ?) ?

It will get updated.. Heck, I didn't know Frodo was out yet.. Confused
Please download and install the version available on the first page of this thread.

(2012-11-02, 13:07)Vausey Wrote: Hi guys,

I've had cinema running on older builds of XBMC but since the Eden update it will not play anything past the intro movie?

It's quits with the error message:

"Next item in playlist can not be found"

And returns back to the movie wall

I have it configured as follows;

1) Feature Presentation Intro Movie ("coming soon" video)
2) 4 trailers (no intro or outro videos)
3) Feature Presentation Outro Movie ("feature presentation" video)
4) The Movie

I have also tried moving the intro and outro videos to be in/out to be trailers special videos. In this set up nothing plays and the script just returns to the movie wall?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For Info:
I'm running Eden on a Mac Mini (2011 model).
Skin is Aeon Nox.
All the intro/outro video's are stored locally in a XMBC Cinema Experience folder.
They are all mp4 file format.

If you need anymore details let me know

(2012-11-02, 02:45)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 01:46)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 00:02)m1k3yb0y56 Wrote: I'm using the Eden version which is version number 11.0 and the latest version of XBMC.

Can you try the addon 'The Trailers' -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119587 (available through the official repo)

Okay I have the suggested addon installed. I went ahead and removed the Apple Movie trailer addon. Is there a way to make the trailers addon work with CE?

I just want you to test playing trailers, it doesn't integrate into Cinema Experience.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 02:36)pettergulbra Wrote: Almost every movie I have is . ISO files.
Someone shows up with just DVD, some with DVD and Dolby Digital and some with just SD 576 and Dolby Digital.
Just to mention what I this the scraper reads from my files.
Many movies with no info that I can see about audio, and quality.

Is it then possible to use this script?

Thanks for the help so far, I think I understand a little more.

You would need to make up NFO files for the movies for the script to work with the proper audio streams, as the script pulls the information from XBMC`s database.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 18:56)giftie Wrote: You would need to make up NFO files for the movies for the script to work with the proper audio streams, as the script pulls the information from XBMC`s database.

In my other question someone wrote that I could use Ember to this.

All my movies have its own folder, and everyone has an nfo file. (created by XBMC)

Would Ember then by able to just update the Codec stuff?
Or how do this work?

Thanks for the help so far.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - steq184 - 2012-11-02

If I need to have NFO files for the audio format videos to work is there an easy way of creating these NFO files en mass, I have about 900 movies and the only files with NFO files at the moment are the ones in movies sets.

(2012-11-02, 20:52)steq184 Wrote: If I need to have NFO files for the audio format videos to work is there an easy way of creating these NFO files en mass, I have about 900 movies and the only files with NFO files at the moment are the ones in movies sets.

I asked the same thing, so hope we can get an answer.

But I think there`s no point to ask the same twice..

Please read a little before you ask

@pettergulbra and @steq184

I don't know if Ember can look inside an ISO file to determine the streamdetails.

I also don't know of an easy way to create the NFO's with all the details..

Probably the easiest would be to export XBMC's library to multiple files, then edit the .NFO files.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sialivi - 2012-11-02

Even easier way is to just play the iso for a few seconds, this usually fills in the missing info.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - pettergulbra - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-02, 23:18)sialivi Wrote: Even easier way is to just play the iso for a few seconds, this usually fills in the missing info.

So XBMC then sees what kind of codec and stuff when it is watched for a few seconds?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sialivi - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-03, 00:43)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 23:18)sialivi Wrote: Even easier way is to just play the iso for a few seconds, this usually fills in the missing info.
So XBMC then sees what kind of codec and stuff when it is watched for a few seconds?

Yes, most of the time (for some reason it fails once in a while, not sure why). Make sure you start the movie, just viewing the DVD menu isn't enough.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Araldwenn - 2012-11-03

(2012-11-02, 18:26)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-02, 12:02)Araldwenn Wrote: Any chance to have this script updated for frodo (maybe an ETA if so ?) ?

It will get updated.. Heck, I didn't know Frodo was out yet.. Confused
Please download and install the version available on the first page of this thread.

Well, Frodo is still a nightly build but works very fine for now. And I downloaded the scipt available on the first page of this thread, but it's only for Eden... so I think i'll have to install XBMC Eden if I want to use Cinema experience, or be patient and wait until you start developing a frodo version of this script... But I don't want to have to update my database again, so i think I'll wait...

You're doing a really amazing job, indeed, thanks !