Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jitterjames - 2013-01-25

self.broadcastUDP("eventname&&extrainfo")

def broadcastUDP(self,data):
IPADDR = '255.255.255.255'
PORTNUM = 33000
s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM, 0)
s.connect((IPADDR, PORTNUM))
s.send(data)
s.close()

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - vogelap - 2013-01-25

Yes! Looking forward to CE for Frodo very much! Thanks for your work on this project.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DigitalAnvil - 2013-01-25

I keep all my media on my NAS and naturally want to keep my CE stuff on there as well. When setting it up, I was unable to point to the new share I have created specifically for this script.

The script will show me all of the current folders/paths that I currently use with my media and local drives on the pc that I'm currently on. (The only make do solution that I'm using currently is that I have created a mapped drive to the main CE content directory to make it work). I also tried adding the folder that is on my NAS in mediasource.xml (under files section) but even that did not resolve the issue.

Does everyone just keep everything locally on their machine and/or create a mapped drive? Or did I completely miss a step to set it up correctly (I'd rather not create mapped drives if I can avoid them)?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - deletedpenguin - 2013-01-25

giftie, thanks heaps for working on this. It's really quite impressive.

As a side note, is it possible to set "Cinema" as the default play functionality for movies? I'd love for this to become the standard way we play movies, rather than having to go into the info screen and scrolling to Cinema.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 21:03)DigitalAnvil Wrote: I keep all my media on my NAS and naturally want to keep my CE stuff on there as well. When setting it up, I was unable to point to the new share I have created specifically for this script.

The script will show me all of the current folders/paths that I currently use with my media and local drives on the pc that I'm currently on. (The only make do solution that I'm using currently is that I have created a mapped drive to the main CE content directory to make it work). I also tried adding the folder that is on my NAS in mediasource.xml (under files section) but even that did not resolve the issue.

Does everyone just keep everything locally on their machine and/or create a mapped drive? Or did I completely miss a step to set it up correctly (I'd rather not create mapped drives if I can avoid them)?

For the script's settings to see the shared files/folders you need to add the source in the Filemanger in XBMC.

I personally keep my Cinema Experience files on a local drive to prevent any buffering(though fast networks shouldn't have too much buffering)

(2013-01-25, 23:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: giftie, thanks heaps for working on this. It's really quite impressive.

As a side note, is it possible to set "Cinema" as the default play functionality for movies? I'd love for this to become the standard way we play movies, rather than having to go into the info screen and scrolling to Cinema.

You can modify the key map file for XBMC. Though this creates a problem as it will try to run Cinema Experience in any of the Video section, not just the Movie Library.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - deletedpenguin - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 23:44)giftie Wrote: You can modify the key map file for XBMC. Though this creates a problem as it will try to run Cinema Experience in any of the Video section, not just the Movie Library.

Hmm, good point. I don't think I'd want to do that. I'll keep it as is. Thanks for the quick response!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - armymanbrad - 2013-01-26

hey guys asked this before but ill try again. I was wondering if when cinema exp is working properly does it transition from the trailer to the movie or is it suposed to take me back to the poster screen again?

Brad

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2013-01-26

Hi giftie, just had chance to try this but everytime i launch it just hangs XBMC? using hybrid skin but also tried others with same results log below cheers

pastebin log

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - JoaoGuilherme - 2013-01-26

Thank you very much.

Installed in Frodo and it's working fine.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-26, 16:49)wints Wrote: Hi giftie, just had chance to try this but everytime i launch it just hangs XBMC? using hybrid skin but also tried others with same results log below cheers

pastebin log

That log does not show any signs of the script being started.

How are you trying to start the script?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wints - 2013-01-27

Hi giftie i'm trying to launch it via This option in hybrid skin

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - armymanbrad - 2013-01-27

trying to launch CI in new frodo test and am getting a python script error. I would definetly be appreciative if you could help troubleshoot the issue. I have enclosed the debug log for your convienance.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30654

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 18:07)armymanbrad Wrote: trying to launch CI in new frodo test and am getting a python script error. I would definetly be appreciative if you could help troubleshoot the issue. I have enclosed the debug log for your convienance.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30654

Make sure you install the Frodo version from the first page

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Mudislander - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 12:53)wints Wrote: Hi giftie i'm trying to launch it via This option in hybrid skin

Sets Item <onclick> to
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movietitles)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - storstenson - 2013-01-28

Hi

I'm trying to use the new broadcast code posted for broadcasting events to eventghost;

self.broadcastUDP("eventname&&extrainfo")

def broadcastUDP(self,data):
IPADDR = '255.255.255.255'
PORTNUM = 33000
s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM, 0)
s.connect((IPADDR, PORTNUM))
s.send(data)
s.close()

But I cant make it work. Can someone perhaps make a home_automation.py with the code implanted? It would have been great helpSmile!