Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - kyouteki - 2013-01-31

giftie, thank you so much for your hard work!

I put these MPAA ratings files together for my own CE setup, maybe someone else can get some use from them as well:

mpaa.zip (4.6 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!XVYhGaSZ!K7YffkhUqhT6EgeF5QA_gD20rFkgziV44lEnZpPQVDs

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - beanster10 - 2013-01-31

Hi Giftee,

Great app! I have two questions that I was hoping you could answer.

1) Is there a way to set up the application where when I choose a "TV Show", it plays automatically when I push play and when I choose a "Movie" it opens Cinema Experience without having to select Cinema Experience?

2) I notice when I select a movie, Cinema Experience starts to load, but then it rotates to the next movie on the screen. Ultimately the right movie is played, but this is tricky on the screen.

Cheers

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-01-31

(2013-01-31, 19:07)beanster10 Wrote: Hi Giftee,

Great app! I have two questions that I was hoping you could answer.

1) Is there a way to set up the application where when I choose a "TV Show", it plays automatically when I push play and when I choose a "Movie" it opens Cinema Experience without having to select Cinema Experience?
No Cinema Experience is only for movies

Quote:2) I notice when I select a movie, Cinema Experience starts to load, but then it rotates to the next movie on the screen. Ultimately the right movie is played, but this is tricky on the screen.

Cheers
This is due to how XBMC queues the movies into a playlist. I had added code to XBMC(which is in Frodo) that allows the library id to be accessible to skins. Once I add the code to Cinema Experience, that would not happen.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - skydivinpilot - 2013-01-31

Quote:Can you try to leave paused for a long time and see what happens...

I paused for 15 minutes and didn't see a XBMC-Event in eventghost, I do see the script start, movie start and movie stop events though.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - avraham - 2013-02-02

Hi, this is my first time trying to use this add-on.

I love the idea having xbmc to stream a trailer before playing my movie, but i cant get it to work.

When i hit the cinema button it just takes me back to the selection screen and nothing happens.

I'm using frodo and i downloaded the latest version of this addon, here is a part of my log where i see some error messages.

PHP Code:
11:14:23 T:4927381504  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Error Loading Trigger List
11:14:23 T:4927381504   ERRORTraceback (most recent call last):
11:14:23 T:4927381504   ERROR:   File "/Users/Avr/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py"line 93in _load_trigger_list
:14:23 T:4927381504   ERROR:     usock openbase_path"r" )
11:14:23 T:4927381504   ERRORIOError: [Errno 2No such file or directory'/Users/Avr/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/trigger_list.txt' 

What am i doing wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 21:24)avraham Wrote: Hi, this is my first time trying to use this add-on.

I love the idea having xbmc to stream a trailer before playing my movie, but i cant get it to work.

When i hit the cinema button it just takes me back to the selection screen and nothing happens.

I'm using frodo and i downloaded the latest version of this addon, here is a part of my log where i see some error messages.

PHP Code:
11:14:23 T:4927381504  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Error Loading Trigger List
11:14:23 T:4927381504   ERRORTraceback (most recent call last):
11:14:23 T:4927381504   ERROR:   File "/Users/Avr/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py"line 93in _load_trigger_list
:14:23 T:4927381504   ERROR:     usock openbase_path"r" )
11:14:23 T:4927381504   ERRORIOError: [Errno 2No such file or directory'/Users/Avr/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience/trigger_list.txt' 

What am i doing wrong?

Have you set up the script?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2013-02-03

Hello Giftie

Could you please check the random file select part in CE. I have the impression, that it is not really random. I have often the same file played - this for audio, countdown.

I just started CE three times in a row and the audio file was the same everytime - even there are about six files in the folder...

christian

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - geraldgreen - 2013-02-03

Hi, thanks for the latest update of the script. Big fan and I've been successfully running this since the 2.0 version. I had a quick question on the latest release, each item featured in "playlists" are all cut off a second early towards the end of a clip. Any help would be much appreciated, I didn't run into this problem on the previous version. Thanks for your time.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-03, 02:52)geraldgreen Wrote: Hi, thanks for the latest update of the script. Big fan and I've been successfully running this since the 2.0 version. I had a quick question on the latest release, each item featured in "playlists" are all cut off a second early towards the end of a clip. Any help would be much appreciated, I didn't run into this problem on the previous version. Thanks for your time.

The script only monitors and possibly affect two videos, Trivia intro and the very last video played. Otherwise it just sits back and watches for playlist position for home automation triggers

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - captainfearless - 2013-02-04

Hi,

I've recently installed the new Frodo friendly CE, but my local folder trailers do not play.

I get intro, outro etc. The settings are for 3 trailers and pointed at the correct folder and i haven't changed the folder structure.

Here is a log, how can i get them playing again please?

http://pastebin.com/wjPLrCvQ

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DigitalAnvil - 2013-02-04

(2013-02-03, 02:14)moravec Wrote: Hello Giftie

Could you please check the random file select part in CE. I have the impression, that it is not really random. I have often the same file played - this for audio, countdown.

I just started CE three times in a row and the audio file was the same everytime - even there are about six files in the folder...

christian

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. I have a few files in my Audio->Dolby folder. Most of the time, it plays the same file, rather than being random (from time to time it will play a different one but most of the time, its as if the script chose one favorite one and sticks with it... )

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - shaktoo - 2013-02-05

new frodo release is working excellent with Apple trailers . I am away from main HTPC so cannot check my full setup there . But a great big THANKS to giftie for CE & cdartManager.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jubilex - 2013-02-06

Thank you for the Frodo release. We've really missed having trailers in front of our movies.

Would it be possible to mix up the types of trailers? I.e., if I have two trailers, have one be new (Apple new) and the other old (Apple database)? I'd love to see trailers for upcoming movies as well as old ones I may have missed.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2013-02-07

@giftie

thanks for the new version. i have test the version today and since ce could nit work at moment with trailer from db, i have copied all my trailer to the local ssd. At my first try i have enabled some special movies and al was played fine but only the trailer not. After that i have disables all special festures and have only trailer enabled, but no trailer is playing.

Could you take please a look at my logfile ? Thanks

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33573&hash=23709013

Then there is a second problem. If i select a movie with dts audio there comes no audio trailer. In database the streamdetails is dts for codec. My folder looks like Audio - and ther Dolby for AC-3 and DTS for DTS. Dolby audio is ok there comes a audio trailer but for DTS not ?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-07

(2013-02-07, 13:41)Eisi2005 Wrote: @giftie

thanks for the new version. i have test the version today and since ce could nit work at moment with trailer from db, i have copied all my trailer to the local ssd. At my first try i have enabled some special movies and al was played fine but only the trailer not. After that i have disables all special festures and have only trailer enabled, but no trailer is playing.

Could you take please a look at my logfile ? Thanks

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33573&hash=23709013

Then there is a second problem. If i select a movie with dts audio there comes no audio trailer. In database the streamdetails is dts for codec. My folder looks like Audio - and ther Dolby for AC-3 and DTS for DTS. Dolby audio is ok there comes a audio trailer but for DTS not ?

Local trailer is fixed. Trailers from library 90% fixed(just need to randomize trailers)

As for the audio video, a debug log would be helpful so I can trouble shoot, as DTS intros work fine here