Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - asr10 user - 2013-02-21

Does anyone have a link or know where to get a more current curtain opening and/or countdown files? Most links I have found here are pretty old or dead.

I also just used Cinema for the first time and its AWESOME.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Guile - 2013-02-22

I've just started playing with CE myself and it is TRULY AWESOME!!! My questions have to do with ratings. Ideally, I would like to have trailers play with respective rated movies. I see this as an option of limiting trailers by rating of movie but have no idea how to set that up. I also see the option of ratings video. Where exactly would that appear? Prior to the film?

Anybody know where to get some ratings videos (I have still images) and/or mp3's for slides?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-21, 19:53)sdtucker10 Wrote: @giftie

Fantastic addon! I have been having some issues getting it to launch since I upgraded from 3.0.0. I installed 3.0.3 from the zip file. When I try to play a movie using the cinema button as normal, it moves to the next movie and nothing happens. I uninstalled the addon, rebooted, reinstalled with the same result. I uninstalled the addon, removed all the userdata files, and the addondata files, rebooted, reinstalled, set up the addon again and got the same result. Here is the errors

http://pastebin.com/MAQJVkPv

It looks like it's calling an old version, but I can't find one installed.

thanks in advance for the help and keep up the great work! Smile

There is a typo in the script, only shows up when you have a single music file selected for trivia. I have it fixed, might be able to get it out tonight.

(2013-02-21, 21:13)seb0p Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 19:53)sdtucker10 Wrote: When I try to play a movie using the cinema button as normal, it moves to the next movie and nothing happens.

After i hit the play button (override play i active) it also moves to the next movie but then plays the right audio trailer.

It shouldn't move to the next movie(when using the play button) It should start playing the movie, then the script will stop XBMC. What skin are you using?

(2013-02-21, 23:44)asr10 user Wrote: Does anyone have a link or know where to get a more current curtain opening and/or countdown files? Most links I have found here are pretty old or dead.

I also just used Cinema for the first time and its AWESOME.
Curtain Video
There is one running around here, created by a user - dirtymurt I'm trying to see if I can get a copy from the user myself, as all the links are dead now.

Countdown Videos
Demoworld might have some more up to date ones.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 01:33)Guile Wrote: I've just started playing with CE myself and it is TRULY AWESOME!!! My questions have to do with ratings. Ideally, I would like to have trailers play with respective rated movies. I see this as an option of limiting trailers by rating of movie but have no idea how to set that up. I also see the option of ratings video. Where exactly would that appear? Prior to the film?

Anybody know where to get some ratings videos (I have still images) and/or mp3's for slides?

Controlling the rating of the trailer is not perfect for streaming Apple Trailers(they don't always have a rating available), though it works well for trailers downloaded through HD-Trailers.Net Downloader(Windows Program) using the Local Folder scraper. Also the Library scraper works as well.

The rating video is played prior to the Audio Format and Countdown videos(which are able to be played before the movie) There are two users that have posted their rating videos(about 5 pages back or so) One for MPAA and one for BBFC.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Guile - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 02:11)giftie Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 01:33)Guile Wrote: I've just started playing with CE myself and it is TRULY AWESOME!!! My questions have to do with ratings. Ideally, I would like to have trailers play with respective rated movies. I see this as an option of limiting trailers by rating of movie but have no idea how to set that up. I also see the option of ratings video. Where exactly would that appear? Prior to the film?

Controlling the rating of the trailer is not perfect for streaming Apple Trailers(they don't always have a rating available), though it works well for trailers downloaded through HD-Trailers.Net Downloader(Windows Program) using the Local Folder scraper. Also the Library scraper works as well.

The rating video is played prior to the Audio Format and Countdown videos(which are able to be played before the movie) There are two users that have posted their rating videos(about 5 pages back or so) One for MPAA and one for BBFC.

Thank you VERY much for that. I typically play trailers stored on my server. I'm thinking maybe I should start messing around with hd-trailers.net downloader. It would really save me a LOT of space.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - deletedpenguin - 2013-02-22

Thanks for all your hard work on this. A quick question for you (might be obvious to someone who isn't new to XBMC):

I can select a music folder to play music with the slideshow, however I can't seem to access my music playlists that are stored in the ~/appdata/user/playlists folder. I tried copying a playlist over to the C: drive, but no-go. Any ideas how I can access the XBMC roaming folders in the file browser?

(2013-02-22, 04:42)deletedpenguin Wrote: Thanks for all your hard work on this. A quick question for you (might be obvious to someone who isn't new to XBMC):

I can select a music folder to play music with the slideshow, however I can't seem to access my music playlists that are stored in the ~/appdata/user/playlists folder. I tried copying a playlist over to the C: drive, but no-go. Any ideas how I can access the XBMC roaming folders in the file browser?

Sometimes to allow settings to have access to a folder, you need to add the folder as a source in the FileManager of XBMC.

Also the script only handles normal playlist(m3u) not smartplaylists.

(2013-02-22, 03:24)Guile Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 02:11)giftie Wrote:

Thank you VERY much for that. I typically play trailers stored on my server. I'm thinking maybe I should start messing around with hd-trailers.net downloader. It would really save me a LOT of space.

Also great music for the trivia show is anything from Vitamin String Quartet, They do covers of rock and alternative songs.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - deletedpenguin - 2013-02-22

Thanks for the clarification!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sdtucker10 - 2013-02-22

Okay cool. I changed the music for the slides from a single file to a folder and the slides played, but then I see the music viualization and the movie starts. When I turn off the slides, only the coming soon video plays and then the script fails. If I change to apple trailers (latest), it plays the feature presentation video then kicks out. I have attached the link to the log below.

http://pastebin.com/RXqDwCvL

Thanks!

(2013-02-22, 08:37)sdtucker10 Wrote: Okay cool. I changed the music for the slides from a single file to a folder and the slides played, but then I see the music viualization and the movie starts. When I turn off the slides, only the coming soon video plays and then the script fails. If I change to apple trailers (latest), it plays the feature presentation video then kicks out. I have attached the link to the log below.

http://pastebin.com/RXqDwCvL

Thanks!

You need to make sure your screensaver is set to a longer time than your slideshow is set. I need a full debug log as well, Nothing in the log shows any problem with the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - deathbringer - 2013-02-22

I'm also experiencing the move to the next movie. I'm using Aeon Nox as skin (big fan view) and it happens when I use the cinema-button from the movie details.

Could you also integrate support for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, so audio trailers from a directory 'DTSHD-HRA' are played? The stream is labeled as 'dtshd_hra' in the DB.
The other thing with audio trailers I experience is that for files with 2 audio tracks and different audio codecs there's always played a audio trailer for the same codec, regardless which audio track is selected for that movie. Is it possible to fix that, or even better implement a popup at start, where one can choose the audio and subtitle track for the movie?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2013-02-22

DTS-HD works perfectly for movies in my setup (still 3.0.0) do you use the recomended folder structure?

Folder Structure

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - WiLLiE - 2013-02-22

First time trying out CE, and its really great!

One problem though, I can't seem to have music with my slides. If I activate that function, nothing works. Here's the relevant part from the log (i guess):

Code:
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Failed to import Automate
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Script Name: Cinema Experience
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Script ID: script.cinema.experience
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Script Version: 3.0.3
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Starting Window ID: 10025
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Video Playlist Cleared
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Music Playlist Cleared
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Action(Queue,25)
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Library_view: oldway
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Storing Playlist in memory
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Retrieving Movie Details
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Storing Playlist in memory
02:43:02 T:3228143616  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ ce_playlist.py ] - Building Music Playlist
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:   File "/Users/magnus/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py", line 339, in <module>
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:     exit = Script().start_script( "oldway" )
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:   File "/Users/magnus/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/ce_player.py", line 96, in start_script
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:     self._play_trivia( mpaa, genre, plist, equivalent_mpaa )
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:   File "/Users/magnus/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/ce_player.py", line 305, in _play_trivia
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:     build_music_playlist()
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:   File "/Users/magnus/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/ce_playlist.py", line 267, in build_music_playlist
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR:     track_location.append( trivia[ "trivia_music_file" ] )
02:43:02 T:3228143616   ERROR: NameError: global name 'trivia' is not defined
02:43:15 T:3228143616  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
02:43:16 T:3228143616  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
02:43:16 T:3228143616  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false

I've tried folder, single song, Mp3 and m4a, same problem.
I'm on OSX if that matters.

Edit: Oh, and I'm also experiencing the move to next movie.
Edit2: Tried adding a folder again (using a different path), and this time it worked. Perhaps a path problem? I saw that you mentioned that earlier.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - seb0p - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 14:50)moravec Wrote: DTS-HD works perfectly for movies in my setup (still 3.0.0) do you use the recomended folder structure?

Folder Structure

I think you meant DTS-HD MA works perfectly.
He is asking about DTS-HD HR

I now get problems with the Audiotrailers.

I am using aeon.nox and the override play button is active.

When i am pressing the play button the right audio trailer is starting but plays 2 times and then the movie.
Open the movie details and hit cinema everything works fine.

But when i stop the main movie and want to watch it again the cinema script is not working and directly play the main movie.

How can i add the log to show you?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - deletedpenguin - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-22, 13:44)deathbringer Wrote: I'm also experiencing the move to the next movie. I'm using Aeon Nox as skin (big fan view) and it happens when I use the cinema-button from the movie details.

Same here. Not a showstopper, but would be a 'nice to have' fix.