Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ninian - 2013-03-08

Can anyone tell me if all the files should be stored on the local drive?

For example, when picking my Intro videos I am able to choose a network drive. When choosing the location of slides it doesnt allow me to select a network drive. I have been trying to get everything going on Frodo and am experiencing some issues, it seems to either crash or freeze on me during the slides or just after. I will tinker around a bit more before posting the debug. Just wondering if most files should be stored locally?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bigjon216 - 2013-03-08

Well No1.. It really dont matter where your Folders are placed.. However all your Videos & other stuff should be placed in a folder
structure file and localized in one centeral place on ur HDD take look at this link it have valuable info http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/wiki/CinemaExperienceVideoFolders ...For me i have my Xbmc and folder on my main drive and i added 2 seperate harddrive deicaded to my dvds & music . Far az your XBMC Crashing make sure your running proper Exe for your OS that could
be one problem . another problem could be your computer memory or CPU thats worse case check those then if it keeps up then do Debug log and post (Giftie) will help you

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2013-03-08

Somehow I posted and I guess I didn't hit the final 'save', sigh.

I'm running 3.0.3 on Frodo under mysql, and when I try to launch it always says in the log 'cannot import automate' or something like that.

I have tried uninstalling, deleting the dirs, reinstalling, clearing settings, etc.

Does this ring a bell or do you need a full debug giftie?

thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 21:02)bluenote Wrote: Somehow I posted and I guess I didn't hit the final 'save', sigh.

I'm running 3.0.3 on Frodo under mysql, and when I try to launch it always says in the log 'cannot import automate' or something like that.

I have tried uninstalling, deleting the dirs, reinstalling, clearing settings, etc.

thanks

In your userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience folder, delete the ha_scripts folder

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-08, 22:55)giftie Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 21:02)bluenote Wrote: Somehow I posted and I guess I didn't hit the final 'save', sigh.

thanks

In your userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience folder, delete the ha_scripts folder

There is no ha_scripts in that dir, but there is one in /addons/script.cinema.experience/resources.
Deleting the home.automation.py from there did not help, nor did deleting ha_scripts from that location either.
I also uninstalled, deleted all the directories, and reinstalled, and same setup was created with same problem.

thanks for any more ideas!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-09

(2013-03-09, 01:26)bluenote Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 22:55)giftie Wrote:

thanks

There is no ha_scripts in that dir, but there is one in /addons/script.cinema.experience/resources.
Deleting the home.automation.py from there did not help, nor did deleting ha_scripts from that location either.
I also uninstalled, deleted all the directories, and reinstalled, and same setup was created with same problem.

thanks for any more ideas!

Ok.. Copy the folder ha_scripts from the addons/script.cinema.experience/resources to the userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience folder. I do think I have this bug fixed in the release I am trying to prepare for the Official repo..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2013-03-09

Tried copying, and then moving, same behaviour.
I will wait for your official version unless you need me to isolate the problem, in which case Im happy to keep going.

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - block134 - 2013-03-09

Is there a way to add the CE script to the menu that shows up when you select a movie. The Menu I am referring can be set to show up if you go to Settings > Videos > File Lists > Default select action = Choose.

What I am trying to do is find an easier way to select CE on my ATV2 with out having to go into the movie info screen on confluence.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Regss - 2013-03-10

Hi. I would like to use this script to play random trailers by using the button in the home screen.
I added button in home.xml skin, but nothing happens. Can someone help me how to change the script? I also thought to use a little trick. When button is pressed, play any movie and random trailers before.

Code:
<item id="17">
    <label>TRAILERS</label>
    <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
    <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible></visible>
</item>

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-10

(2013-03-10, 17:57)Regss Wrote: Hi. I would like to use this script to play random trailers by using the button in the home screen.
I added button in home.xml skin, but nothing happens. Can someone help me how to change the script? I also thought to use a little trick. When button is pressed, play any movie and random trailers before.

Code:
<item id="17">
    <label>TRAILERS</label>
    <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
    <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible></visible>
</item>

The script is not designed to do that. It either requires a movie to be queued to a play list or database id to be sent to it.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Regss - 2013-03-10

I don't want to queue movies. I want play whatever movie (no matter what movie is it). And use Your script to play random trailers before this movie.
i found this:
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,command<li>movie_title=The%20Illusionist)
but don't work.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-10

(2013-03-10, 20:44)Regss Wrote: I don't want to queue movies. I want play whatever movie (no matter what movie is it). And use Your script to play random trailers before this movie.
i found this:
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,command<li>movie_title=The%20Illusionist)
but don't work.

That feature is only available in the Eden version. It may not be possible to add back into the Frodo version due to changes in XBMC(HTTP-API removal) That is one of the few reasons I added the movie select via database id feature

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - aptalca - 2013-03-14

In the skin Transparency, when you open up the movie info window, there is a button that fires up CE for that movie. No need to queue anything yourself. The skin takes care of it all.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jasemilly - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 23:11)aptalca Wrote: In the skin Transparency, when you open up the movie info window, there is a button that fires up CE for that movie. No need to queue anything yourself. The skin takes care of it all.

I have been reading the threed and playing with CE I have a folder structure and some slides etc set up I have frodo installed on my test laptop and just installed CE addon but I can't see this button in Tranparency, what do I hve to change.

Looking forward to getting this going!!!

thanks jasemilly

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - swetoast - 2013-03-15

Noticed a bug in the cinema experience script running on my Raspberry PI (512mb) Openelec (latest version)

the script bug is in the trailer section if set to 4 or higher doesn't play all of the trailers

i.e.

if set to 10 it plays one
if set to 5 it plays 3

been testing it all morning to see if i missed something but so far i have not seen any mistakes in the config since there isn't all that much to mess around with.

also at times it doesnt play trailers at all even if i clear "watched trailers" it just plays the movie

Hope that this helps at all