Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 22:07)CaptainKen Wrote: Heck no didn't think that at all. I can completely relate to what you're going through. I've lost count how many times I've redone my system. I'm at least six months into XBMC and still trying to piece it all together, which includes finding new forums consisting of hundreds of pages to decipher as well.

No worries man. I know what you are going through. While XBMC can be awesome, it can also be confusing and frustration to understand how it works. Just trying to add new folders of media confused the heck out of me twice last night. Hoping to get most things cleared up quickly though. So far it's been mostly fun to figure out!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - azula - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 22:19)azula Wrote: Can someone please give me a simple straight forward explanation on how to install CE for Frodo 12.1 Windows 7? I've downloaded and extracted the "script.cinema.experience" link provided in the first post of this thread. What do I do next? and what is event ghost? Thanks in advance!

EDIT
I think I've figured it out. You unzip the file located in the first post and put it into the "addons" folder inside of XBMC located in C/programfiles/XBMC/addons. Then download the second link in the first post and place it inside of the script.cinema.experience folder that you just added. hope I'm right and fingers crossed! lol

Seems like I've gotten most of the script running with the method I followed in my previous post ^. One thing I have observed and it is completely independent of CE, is that my videos don't transition smoothly when in full screen mode because of the different FPS and my projector. My projector takes about 5 seconds to switch between formats so the audio is there but the video is delayed. My only fix for that is letting the script run in windowed mode for now ;/. Still an AWESOME script and thanks so much Giftie for your hard work on this script. Can't thank you enough!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-05, 21:30)Skank Wrote: I have a question, not sure if its possible
Im building a dedicated cinema room
Im about to install lights...
Im planning to put starlights in the ceiling and 1x5m rgb led strip on the left and right side... Thats all
Is there a way.. To
Turn on all lights ..
When the script starts the side led strips(2x5m) turn off as soon as any video is being played... But the starlights remain...
Until..the actually movie starts... The starlights should go off too.

Is this possible? What do i need for it? Thx!

Anyone know?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-06, 09:25)Skank Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 21:30)Skank Wrote: I have a question, not sure if its possible
Im building a dedicated cinema room
Im about to install lights...
Im planning to put starlights in the ceiling and 1x5m rgb led strip on the left and right side... Thats all
Is there a way.. To
Turn on all lights ..
When the script starts the side led strips(2x5m) turn off as soon as any video is being played... But the starlights remain...
Until..the actually movie starts... The starlights should go off too.

Is this possible? What do i need for it? Thx!

Anyone know?

A little confused. Are you having a problem, or asking for help on setting this up.

If it's a problem, details are needed..

If it's for help.... A lot of people use EventGhost to do the actual controlling, with the script sending triggers. The very first page has the home_automation.py that works EventGhost.

(2013-04-05, 23:20)azula Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 22:19)azula Wrote: Can someone please give me a simple straight forward explanation on how to install CE for Frodo 12.1 Windows 7? I've downloaded and extracted the "script.cinema.experience" link provided in the first post of this thread. What do I do next? and what is event ghost? Thanks in advance!

EDIT
I think I've figured it out. You unzip the file located in the first post and put it into the "addons" folder inside of XBMC located in C/programfiles/XBMC/addons. Then download the second link in the first post and place it inside of the script.cinema.experience folder that you just added. hope I'm right and fingers crossed! lol

Seems like I've gotten most of the script running with the method I followed in my previous post ^. One thing I have observed and it is completely independent of CE, is that my videos don't transition smoothly when in full screen mode because of the different FPS and my projector. My projector takes about 5 seconds to switch between formats so the audio is there but the video is delayed. My only fix for that is letting the script run in windowed mode for now ;/. Still an AWESOME script and thanks so much Giftie for your hard work on this script. Can't thank you enough!

You can always purchase a scaler(like the DVDO Edge) that will provide your projector with a single standard video input. No more blacking out..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-05, 20:15)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 17:32)Batiatus Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 17:05)CaptainKen Wrote: Regarding TMT and PowerDVD check out Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup

Holy crap! Another 178 pages to scroll through! Thanks!!!

The External Player Code forum is very active with members that very helpful.

The only problem with external players, is that the script relies on feedback from the player. Without the feedback, the script will end.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-04-06

My question was how to set it up, correct, not having probs yet lol
S i dont need this script for it but eventghost?

For the script to control lights at specific aspects of the your Cinema Experience, -> Dim lights to 30% during Previews, Turn off all lights for Feature Presentation, Raise path lights during pause Lower back down during resume, you need the combination of all...

EventGhost does the actually firing of the Lighting system, Cinema Experience's home_automation.py triggers EventGhost.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Gravediggaz - 2013-04-07

hey guys

I have cinema experience installed into xbmc but only sometimes it works and a lot of the times it doesn't

anybody know how to fix this?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-04-07

(2013-04-07, 07:11)Gravediggaz Wrote: hey guys

I have cinema experience installed into xbmc but only sometimes it works and a lot of the times it doesn't

anybody know how to fix this?

Please read through the third message of this thread regarding reporting problems.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2013-04-10

Played around a bit more with CE and figured a work to get the THX trailers to play after the audio format right before the main feature. Just used the Movie Countdown slot.

2 questions I have that I can't seem to find through skimming. First, and maybe this is because I'm currently using my PC monitor and not a TV or projector, but I get a blank screen for a few seconds when videos start but the audio begins. Is this likely due to changing video resolutions causing delays in switching?

Second, not sure if it's CE or a XBMC/skin setting but when I launch CE I'd like the OSD and mouse pointer to disappear until I involve either. Not sure how to accomplish that.

Thanks again for the awesome script!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - shaktoo - 2013-04-10

giftie is it possible to add another genre "limiting " button to the GUI . for e,g to avoid playing of horror trailers whilst still being able to play "R" rated trailers.its just that I do my own MPAA ratings for movies that only we would watch and most of these I limit to "R" . but then I would miss quite a lot of the trailers now if i could just limit a particular genre whilst allowing the rest to be played would be cool .
Thanks for CE and all other goodness making our xbmc experience that much better.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-04-13

(2013-04-06, 23:39)giftie Wrote: EventGhost does the actually firing of the Lighting system, Cinema Experience's home_automation.py triggers EventGhost.

Do you know where i can ask following question concerning eventghost:

"How do i need to setup my ligts so eventghost can control/turn on/off / dim my lights and what hardware do i need for it?"

Re: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - evenzak - 2013-04-15

Apologies in advance if I've missed this answer earlier in the thread, but I'm having an issue where the only ratings video that is selected is the "Unrated" one. The other ratings videos are playable, and are named according to the tutorial but they never play when I run the script. Is this a common issue/easy fix or do I need to generate a debug log?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-04-16

Ok... Im gonna try this script
First of all i got some questions concerning this layout

I'm currently using unraid (with the split level thing and such) to host my files
So making changes can have a huge impact

It looks like this

\\Movies\Movie X
\Movie Y
\Movie Z
\\3d Movies\ Movie X

Can i leave that like it is?
And put everything for cinema experience in 1 folder? or?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-04-16

Sorry for all these questions, but does anyone have a link for dutch trivia and slides?
Most of them are in english..
Been browsing a lot lol

Another thing Smile
demo-world.eu has lots of trailers

I see i need to split audio format folders into

- dolby
- dolby true hd
- dts
-dts hd

But when i look into the 2d trailers for audio formats on demoworld
For example city redux, i see 2 versions , one normal in dd and one losless in true hd 7.1
Even when the name and trailer shows Dolby digital (the sound is losless in true hd)

Where do you put those then? under "dd" cause the trailer shows dolby digital, or do you put them under "dolby true hd" cause the the sound is true hd, although the trailer shows different

i hope you guys understand what i mean...

Or do you download ALL trailers and put the 5.1 under "dd" and the 7.1 lossless under "true hd" unregarding what it shows..