Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

Trivia audio - commoman81 - 2010-12-25

I am running windows 7 x64 and finally works just like you said thanks

Here is the way i had the audio u said so that it would work.

Play music during slideshow was selected.
raised volume to max for the % volume max
Fade and adjust are not selected

After doing this i have no more issues will continue to play with this though to see if adding other things to this script will cause anymore issues but for now its working great volume stays at max
thanks and merry christmas

- giftie - 2010-12-25

Thanks Nuka, I forget that 100 is three digits. No wonder it always works on my system as I have it at 98%(-2.4db)

I`ll fix that error...

- commoman81 - 2010-12-25

Nuka,

I used the codes you said to replace with and before i did this the fade was not working properly and after replacing the codes it works perfectly fades to the pre show video and stays at the correct volume i want it at

Thanks,

Merry christmas

Need help with cinema experience (remote) - retret66 - 2010-12-25

Hello all and thank you for this wonderful program. Been using XBMC on and off but when I see that there is a cinema experience script, I am back again. I have been reading and I cant find anyone ask this question..here goes..

I use IPAD and mount it outside my home theater so people can just watch any movies without touching my HTPC, great but.. I would like to add intros and trailers before the movie when starting it from a remote control (IPAD)..how can I do this?..dont need depth explanation just a top level answer from gurus out there. thanks a million.

P.S.
Here is my goal..dont need trivia..
1. Select movie from IPAD..
2. Play 3 random trailers from apple
3. Play my custom theater intro..
4. Start movie..

- commoman81 - 2010-12-26

Audio still works perfectly only issue that i found now is that when i try to play trailers from a local folder it doesnt play the only time the trailers play is with the apple script which is good but kind of sucks because of the buffering it wants to do throughout the streaming. Other then this i see no other issues works awesome

- giftie - 2010-12-26

commoman81 Wrote:Audio still works perfectly only issue that i found now is that when i try to play trailers from a local folder it doesnt play the only time the trailers play is with the apple script which is good but kind of sucks because of the buffering it wants to do throughout the streaming. Other then this i see no other issues works awesome

Do your trailer's in the local folder have "-trailer" as part of the filename?

giftie Wrote:Do your trailer's in the local folder have "-trailer" as part of the filename?

No how should the naming go for these trailers to play from local folder? Also should they be in a folder them selves in the folder i select to play from

OK i got it looked under other forums and it was the naming made a folder with the movie name and then named the movie
\pirates of the caribbean\movie-trailer

- giftie - 2010-12-26

Updated version available now.

- Added an adjustable Fade time for the background music during trivia
- Fixed Skip Watched Trailers(now it skips the watched ones Smile
- Fixed Current Volume error(now matching upto 3 digits(ie 100))
- Fixed ClearWatchedTrivia and ClearWatchedTrailers

- giftie - 2010-12-26

The information is on the first page of this thread as well, 4th message - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=664143&postcount=4.

It shouldn't matter, the script looks for only files - if it finds a folder, it looks in the folder for a file matching what it needs. So you can use the folders containing your movies as a source for trailers.

giftie Wrote:Updated version available now.

- Added an adjustable Fade time for the background music during trivia
- Fixed Skip Watched Trailers(now it skips the watched ones Smile
- Fixed Current Volume error(now matching upto 3 digits(ie 100))
- Fixed ClearWatchedTrivia and ClearWatchedTrailers

awesome simply awesome works just as i want it to cant wait till the new version comes out with the folder option to match movies to play with type of trivia

- Harro - 2010-12-26

this was posted in another thread but you might try this

edit your keyboard.xml file and add this to either an existing key or create a new one.

XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)

Then when you highlight a movie and press whatever key you assigned that macro to, it'll start the movie with Cinema Experience.

- icky - 2010-12-26

hi giftie,

has the reading of slides.xml changed over the last few revisions of the script.

on 1.04 my custom made trivia slides for jurrassic park would play in the correct q&a order, they are now appearing randomly throughout... answers coming first! etc

kind regards

icky

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-26

there was a change, but it should have made it more flexible. post a slides.xml and people your log has valuble info.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-26

Although I love the new flexibility with the slides in the settings portion, with Aeon MQ2 it now looks like this:
Although it does look fine when using Confluence.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-26

icky Wrote:hi giftie,

has the reading of slides.xml changed over the last few revisions of the script.

on 1.04 my custom made trivia slides for jurrassic park would play in the correct q&a order, they are now appearing randomly throughout... answers coming first! etc

kind regards

icky

icky,
Your slides aren't working correctly because you need change the "S" to lower case in your slides.xml. Such as:
PHP Code:
<slides>
        <
slide>
     <
question format="slide([0-9]{1,3})_a\.jpg" />
     <
clue format="slide([0-9]{1,3})_c\.jpg" />
     <
answer format="slide([0-9]{1,3})_b\.jpg" />
     <
mpaa "N/A">