Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-11

(2013-05-11, 12:26)fastcolors Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 10:09)Mark Norville Wrote: Please forgive me if this question has been asked before (to which It probably has)

Why does the Cinema Experience only work if you are playing the movie from the information screen? I cannot get it to work without having to use information?

Regards

Mark

try a skin that supports cinema experience from elsewhere...

many skin add the abilty to start it from context menu.
the skin I made has the option to start cinema experience from homepage for recent items.

Or you can enable the script setting 'Override play button' then restart XBMC. Then the script will try to intercept the playing of movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mcorcoran - 2013-05-11

Hey giftie I noticed a bug on Linux/Openelec systems with the new version if you have slides enabled. I kept getting the error:
10:29:12 T:2642402112 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/Default

So I checked the actual folder name it was named "default" (all lower case) renaming it to "Default" fixed my issue and the script runs fine again.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-11

(2013-05-11, 16:37)mcorcoran Wrote: Hey giftie I noticed a bug on Linux/Openelec systems with the new version if you have slides enabled. I kept getting the error:
10:29:12 T:2642402112 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/skins/Default

So I checked the actual folder name it was named "default" (all lower case) renaming it to "Default" fixed my issue and the script runs fine again.

I thought I already fixed this, since I run Linux.

I do know the reason though, my development computer is a Windows 7 machine and it thinks Default and default are the same. This will be fixed in the next release and now that the script in the official report, updating is easy..

Edit...

That wasn't easy... phew... done.. and ready when the next version is ready..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Mark Norville - 2013-05-11

(2013-05-11, 15:38)giftie Wrote: Or you can enable the script setting 'Override play button' then restart XBMC. Then the script will try to intercept the playing of movies.

Cheers Giftie that worked a treat on Xperience Rainbow.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Desisuperman - 2013-05-11

(2013-05-10, 21:34)Desisuperman Wrote: Can somebody tell me where the slides go? I have them but I don't know where to store them

Anybody? From what I read they can go anywhere and you just point CE to the folder that has the slides. Thing is I haven't see anything in the settings that allows me to do that. I've got everything else to work can't figure out how to get the slides to play

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-11

(2010-12-14, 07:15)giftie Wrote: We need a new Icon for this script. Who wants to take a stab at itHuh

Took 2 years, 5 months but it is finally been completed. Many thanks go to RagnaroktA for the icon...

With that having been done, the script is now available from the Official Repo..

RE: icon - giftie - 2013-05-12

Since Cinema Experience is now available through the Official Repo, the WiKi page -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Cinema_Experience

Over the next little while(hopefully with some assistance) All the information, tips and examples that this thread contains(from the 300 pages) will be put up on the WiKi. So keep an eye out here...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-12

(2013-05-11, 20:32)Desisuperman Wrote:
(2013-05-10, 21:34)Desisuperman Wrote: Can somebody tell me where the slides go? I have them but I don't know where to store them

Anybody? From what I read they can go anywhere and you just point CE to the folder that has the slides. Thing is I haven't see anything in the settings that allows me to do that. I've got everything else to work can't figure out how to get the slides to play

I also saw your other message.. It seems that you need to add the folder path as a source in XBMCs File Manager. I thought this was fixed(in XBMC) before Frodo was released. but it seems that it has not..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - oasisdave - 2013-05-15

Hey guys, newbie with problems here. Just can't seem to get the script to work. The CE icon appears in the Movie Information page but when I click on it to que the movie nothing happens. I also tried the integrated menu option in the Transparency skin but same thing, nothing happens. Here is my debug log Log 19179.

This seems like such a great script so frustrating that I can't get it working. Thanx in advance for any help guys!!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-16

(2013-05-15, 06:51)oasisdave Wrote: Hey guys, newbie with problems here. Just can't seem to get the script to work. The CE icon appears in the Movie Information page but when I click on it to que the movie nothing happens. I also tried the integrated menu option in the Transparency skin but same thing, nothing happens. Here is my debug log Log 19179.

This seems like such a great script so frustrating that I can't get it working. Thanx in advance for any help guys!!

Your slides.xml file in your slide folder needs to be lower case, right now it is title case(capital first letter)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - oasisdave - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-16, 03:09)giftie Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 06:51)oasisdave Wrote: Hey guys, newbie with problems here. Just can't seem to get the script to work. The CE icon appears in the Movie Information page but when I click on it to que the movie nothing happens. I also tried the integrated menu option in the Transparency skin but same thing, nothing happens. Here is my debug log Log 19179.

Your slides.xml file in your slide folder needs to be lower case, right now it is title case(capital first letter)

Thanks Giftie, Script works perfectly now!!! NodNod

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - FonziQ - 2013-05-18

Having problems loading trailers from local folder.
This is how i can get it working:

Movie Trailers 5 Trailers
- Coming attracctions Intro 1 Random Video
- folder j:\XBMC\Cinema Experience\Trailers\
- Coming Attractions Outro None
- Trailer Scraper Apple Movie Trailers (newest)
- Trailer Play Mode Stream
- Preferred Trailer Quality 1080p

But i dont want this way because of the streaming in the second Trailer,So i tried this:

- Trailer Scraper Local Folder
Local Folder j:\XBMC\Cinema Experience\Trailers\

No Trailers are played,tried several combinations to avoid the streaming option and cant get both trailers to play from local folder,or even 1
What am i doing wrong?

http://pastebin.com/7bAf6Tzb

Cheers!!!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-18, 11:21)FonziQ Wrote: Having problems loading trailers from local folder.
This is how i can get it working:

- Trailer Scraper Apple Movie Trailers (newest)
- Trailer Play Mode Stream
- Preferred Trailer Quality 1080p

But i dont want this way because of the streaming in the second Trailer,So i tried this:

- Trailer Scraper Local Folder
Local Folder j:\XBMC\Cinema Experience\Trailers\

No Trailers are played,tried several combinations to avoid the streaming option and cant get both trailers to play from local folder,or even 1
What am i doing wrong?

Cheers!!!

If you read through the first page of this thread you will find the requirements for local trailers and also how to report problems.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - FonziQ - 2013-05-18

I pasted my XBMC log file in Pastebin but now i dont know how someone can see it
Sorry to new in this !!!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-05-18

(2013-05-18, 18:10)FonziQ Wrote: I pasted my XBMC log file in Pastebin but now i dont know how someone can see it
Sorry to new in this !!!

You just need to copy the web page address and post it in the thread message.