Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2013-06-20

I was playing around with CE a little today and found the multiple features option doesn't seem to work. I set it to 2 features, add a folder for random intermission videos, and select ok. When I go to my movies and select Cinema is just runs the regular sequence without my identifying what the second feature would be. I fast forward to the end of the first feature and it just ends then sequence. What am I doing wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - oasisdave - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-20, 13:51)Batiatus Wrote: I was playing around with CE a little today and found the multiple features option doesn't seem to work. I set it to 2 features, add a folder for random intermission videos, and select ok. When I go to my movies and select Cinema is just runs the regular sequence without my identifying what the second feature would be. I fast forward to the end of the first feature and it just ends then sequence. What am I doing wrong?

I'm having the same problem

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-20, 13:51)Batiatus Wrote: I was playing around with CE a little today and found the multiple features option doesn't seem to work. I set it to 2 features, add a folder for random intermission videos, and select ok. When I go to my movies and select Cinema is just runs the regular sequence without my identifying what the second feature would be. I fast forward to the end of the first feature and it just ends then sequence. What am I doing wrong?

(2013-06-21, 00:00)oasisdave Wrote:

I'm having the same problem

To use the 'Multiple Feature Presentations' feature you need a skin that supports Home Screen integration of Cinema Experience(also can be triggered through remote mapping).

Skins that I know of that have Home Screen integration are:
Transparency! (Setting in Skin Settings change Movie Button to Integrated button)
Ace (available in the Movies sub menu)
Aeon MQ 4 (available in the Movies sub menu)
Aeon Nox (available in the Movies sub menu)

The command that is needed for remote mapping is the following:
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movietitles)

Using one of the above skins, you will have to Queue movies to a playlist('Q' on a keyboard or '0'(zero) on most remotes or even Queue Item in the context menu) Then once the limit is reached(that is set in the addon settings) it will start the process.

The multiple features can be triggered other ways(ie from JSON) this is somewhat documented in the Wiki.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2013-06-21

I've done as you've described Giftie but it's still not working. I hit Q on the keyboard from the Aeon Nox Movies dashboard and it just moves to the next movie in sequence. If I right-click and select Que Item there I can Que many more than the 5 limit in CE and it doesn't launch CE at all. If I que a couple then launch CE on the firt or last it only plays that one movie. Something odd is going on.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-21, 12:57)Batiatus Wrote: I've done as you've described Giftie but it's still not working. I hit Q on the keyboard from the Aeon Nox Movies dashboard and it just moves to the next movie in sequence. If I right-click and select Que Item there I can Que many more than the 5 limit in CE and it doesn't launch CE at all. If I que a couple then launch CE on the firt or last it only plays that one movie. Something odd is going on.

I just tried it out myself and it works properly...

My Feature Presentation Settings:

Enable Queue Instructions: True(on)
Number Of Features: 2
Intermission Videos: Single Video/Playlist
Intermission Video File: path to file
Insert Audio Format Video: True(on)
Insert Rating Video: True(on)

Then from the home screen, selected Movies, pressed down, scrolled over to Cinema, selected. Script take me to the Movie Library with a Notification showing at the bottom of the screen - Press 'Q' or '0'(Zero) To Queue. Once 2 Movies were queued, script worked as it should have.

If you are still not able to do this, I need a clean debug log showing all the steps you took.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dickalan - 2013-06-24

Hello! Just discovered this add-on and it's awesomeness! Thank you!
Quick question, hopefully it hasn't been asked before. Growing up my local cinema always had really really crappy slides of the concession stand food BEFORE the actual trivia slides started. These slides of course made you NOT want to buy the food because it looked disgusting. haha. And of course you had to be there 10-15 minutes before the show started to see these slides. Kinda like these:
http://themoviebros.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/popcorn1.jpg
http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/Movie-theatre-popcorn.jpg
http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog_photos/content/nachos.jpg

So I thought it would be cool if you could view these kinds of slides FIRST and then it kicks into the trivia-type of slides. Is this possible?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - T3beatz - 2013-06-27

Hello every one, I'm new to XBMC for the most part... I've been playing with it for a week or 2, I have it installed on all my devices (PC, Android tablet, and Raspberry Pi). On my PC I have the Cenema Experience script installed and working, I've figured it out for the most part from browsing threads. The only part that has me lost is the Q&A trivia slides, and how to make the .XML file and where does it go... I've tried to search this thread but I've come up short on what I might be needing. If anyone could help me that would be great.

I have regular slides running just fine (the ones that just give trivia info), but I can't figure out how to get the Q&A ones working, like what to name the folder where they are stored, and if I have to make the xml file how to do it.

Thanks.

Update: I figured out how to make the XML file, but now I have to figure out where exactly does it go, and how to get cinema experience to read it along with the slides.

Update 2: after fiddling some more, I have the trivia playing, but it's in random order... This is the name of one of the slides (slide1_a), I downloaded a pack with over 300 of them from a thread in these forums.

and this is the script I used in note pad:

<slides>
<slide>
<slide rating="G">
<question format=".+_a.jpg" />
<clue format="N/A" />
<answer format=".+_b.jpg" />
</slide>
</slides>

I saved it as slides.xml, but I'm still getting randoms... do I have to use an XML editor to make this xml file? I tried to but you can't have the spaces in the tree.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-06-29

The slides.xml file needs to go in the folder containing the slide images. For Example....

Trivia
------> Q&A
---------------> Screenshot Quiz
---------------------------> slides.xml(note all lower case)
---------------------------> AngelHeart_a.jpg
---------------------------> AngelHeart_b.jpg

(2013-06-27, 04:59)T3beatz Wrote: Hello every one, I'm new to XBMC for the most part... I've been playing with it for a week or 2, I have it installed on all my devices (PC, Android tablet, and Raspberry Pi). On my PC I have the Cenema Experience script installed and working, I've figured it out for the most part from browsing threads. The only part that has me lost is the Q&A trivia slides, and how to make the .XML file and where does it go... I've tried to search this thread but I've come up short on what I might be needing. If anyone could help me that would be great.

I have regular slides running just fine (the ones that just give trivia info), but I can't figure out how to get the Q&A ones working, like what to name the folder where they are stored, and if I have to make the xml file how to do it.

Thanks.

Update: I figured out how to make the XML file, but now I have to figure out where exactly does it go, and how to get cinema experience to read it along with the slides.

Update 2: after fiddling some more, I have the trivia playing, but it's in random order... This is the name of one of the slides (slide1_a), I downloaded a pack with over 300 of them from a thread in these forums.

and this is the script I used in note pad:

<slides>
<slide>
<slide rating="G">
<question format=".+_a.jpg" />
<clue format="N/A" />
<answer format=".+_b.jpg" />
</slide>
</slides>

I saved it as slides.xml, but I'm still getting randoms... do I have to use an XML editor to make this xml file? I tried to but you can't have the spaces in the tree.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - T3beatz - 2013-06-29

I figured it out... I just happened to download a pack with a slide.xml file and I just edited that one to be used in all of my slide folders. It's crazy because even when I saved the ones I made in note pad as slide.xml they did not save as an xml file, they just stayed text files. but when I opened the one that was in the pack (a real slide.xml file) and edited it with note pad, it saved as an .xml file... don't know why the ones I did didn't convert.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Harro - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-29, 03:09)T3beatz Wrote: I figured it out... I just happened to download a pack with a slide.xml file and I just edited that one to be used in all of my slide folders. It's crazy because even when I saved the ones I made in note pad as slide.xml they did not save as an xml file, they just stayed text files. but when I opened the one that was in the pack (a real slide.xml file) and edited it with note pad, it saved as an .xml file... don't know why the ones I did didn't convert.

You may have saved as slide.xml but did not save as "all files" so slides.xml stays slides.xml.txt.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - T3beatz - 2013-06-29

I did do what you said Harro, but still the same thing... or so I thought... It was saving but it would pop up on my desktop in a different location and I have a ton of crap on my desktop right now so I couldn't see it.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - NewMedia - 2013-07-01

Hi all. I'm a bit stuck on the NFO file for trailers. I'm using my own - in local folder. It works fine playing but there is no info (which is nice to have). Do I just have to create it from scratch, from something like notepad and just stick it in the folder? Can I use a program or scraper to do it? Is the info taken from IMBD or elsewhere? Just need a bit of guidance here..

RE: - Canozzie - 2013-07-05

(2010-12-14, 07:11)quebert Wrote:
rflores2323 Wrote:what skins does this work on with no modding/hacking? that should be a question/answer in the first post i think. just a suggestion.

You can set a shortcut in keyboard.xml and it'll work with any skin with the following

XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)

Read the first page, but rather than reading all 308 could someone tell me if the above is still the best way to use this add-on with Aeon MQ4 skin or is there different/better ways?

Cheers
Steve

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bry - 2013-07-05

Hit info in mq4 and it should have a cinema experience option

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - boppyman - 2013-07-05

I made a few coming soon videos with after effects.

Here's one if anyone's interested I'll upload the others.

View My Video

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rdcas3