Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - VanZan - 2013-07-31

By the way (and this may be lunacy on my part) did anyone ever consider contacting a real cinema (their local one?) and asking for their coming attractions, movie theater, feature presentation intros etc? I suppose you'd get arrested in this day and age. Big Grin I've been at the two theaters in my city a number of times and it would be nice to have their stuff and re-create it as much as possible in my home. Would it not be OK since it's not exactly premium stuff?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-07-31

(2013-07-31, 21:48)VanZan Wrote: Thank you for that. I do hope I did not cause any offence! Smile By the way on your thread I've been trying to download the "Videos" content. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but "Coming Soon to Theatres" doesn't seem to be there at all but with "Pre Show Entertainment" twice.

It's just the Google link...I summoned up the motivation to register with 4shared and that link had the correct file. Just a FYI! Smile

Not at all, no worries. Smile Really? Let me take a look at that. I'm uploading all of the new slides as I type this. I'll check that link right now.

Edit: Yep, you were spot on. No idea why nobody ever mentioned that before. It's fixed now.

(2013-07-31, 22:03)VanZan Wrote: By the way (and this may be lunacy on my part) did anyone ever consider contacting a real cinema (their local one?) and asking for their coming attractions, movie theater, feature presentation intros etc? I suppose you'd get arrested in this day and age. Big Grin I've been at the two theaters in my city a number of times and it would be nice to have their stuff and re-create it as much as possible in my home. Would it not be OK since it's not exactly premium stuff?

I don't know about IRE but here in the US our cinemas are corporations for the most part. They'd scoff at us if we tried to get the raw video for their pre-show entertainment for home use.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DaSingh - 2013-08-01

Hi guys I have been messing around with this and got it almost working the way I want but wondered if it is possible to add an adverts sections before trailers play.

So currently I have it like this

The first video that plays is from Intro folder

What I would like really to be able to add another folder to play random adverts from Advert folder which has stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nalcL9NgIGU in and Coca-Cola M&M etc adverts any suggestions on how to do is?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Cokeaholik - 2013-08-04

first of all i want to say thanks to everybody. all the post have helped me to get this amazing add-on up and running correctly.

the problem im having is with the movie trailers. i was hoping someone could help. Everything is working perfectly. However, when i go to movie trailers~~>trailer scraper~~> xbmc media library. the trailers stop working how can i make it work with my movie library i have the skip youtube plug in unchecked. i want only the trailers to the movies i haven't watched in my library to play. any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Havoc443 - 2013-08-04

(2013-08-01, 21:50)DaSingh Wrote: Hi guys I have been messing around with this and got it almost working the way I want but wondered if it is possible to add an adverts sections before trailers play.

What I would like really to be able to add another folder to play random adverts from Advert folder which has stuff like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nalcL9NgIGU in and Coca-Cola M&M etc adverts any suggestions on how to do is?

At what point in the CE script do you want your adverts to play? Don't know about you but I haven't used all the special video slots so I would just look at moving things around a bit until it suits your needs. For example: if you want adverts right before the trailers you could use either the Trivia outro slot OR the movie trailers intro slot...just depends on how you have it set up.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Havoc443 - 2013-08-04

Hey guys,

I'm having issues with the trivia slides if I set the duration to more than two minutes. The background music I use is just over four minutes long but if I set the duration to 3 or 4, just before the three minute mark, the trivia slides close but the music continues to play and shows the visualizer at the home screen until the end of the slide duration at which point it briefly opens up the last trivia slide before starting the movie (this causes the rest of the script to crash so I don't see any trailers or rating/audio videos, etc.). Works perfect if it is set to two minutes but I'd like more time. Any thoughts? Error presents itself around 13:46:03 in the log I believe but it may be happening earlier in the script, I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42276

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-08-04

(2013-08-04, 20:06)Havoc443 Wrote: Hey guys,

I'm having issues with the trivia slides if I set the duration to more than two minutes. The background music I use is just over four minutes long but if I set the duration to 3 or 4, just before the three minute mark, the trivia slides close but the music continues to play and shows the visualizer at the home screen until the end of the slide duration at which point it briefly opens up the last trivia slide before starting the movie (this causes the rest of the script to crash so I don't see any trailers or rating/audio videos, etc.). Works perfect if it is set to two minutes but I'd like more time. Any thoughts? Error presents itself around 13:46:03 in the log I believe but it may be happening earlier in the script, I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Change your screen saver time

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-08-04

(2013-08-04, 15:23)Cokeaholik Wrote: first of all i want to say thanks to everybody. all the post have helped me to get this amazing add-on up and running correctly.

the problem im having is with the movie trailers. i was hoping someone could help. Everything is working perfectly. However, when i go to movie trailers~~>trailer scraper~~> xbmc media library. the trailers stop working how can i make it work with my movie library i have the skip youtube plug in unchecked. i want only the trailers to the movies i haven't watched in my library to play. any suggestions?

You need to be 100% sure that the url paths still exist for the trailers. A debug log would show this info. The script also allows you to only play trailers for unwatched movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DaSingh - 2013-08-05

(2013-08-04, 17:42)Havoc443 Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 21:50)DaSingh Wrote: Hi guys I have been messing around with this and got it almost working the way I want but wondered if it is possible to add an adverts sections before trailers play.

At what point in the CE script do you want your adverts to play? Don't know about you but I haven't used all the special video slots so I would just look at moving things around a bit until it suits your needs. For example: if you want adverts right before the trailers you could use either the Trivia outro slot OR the movie trailers intro slot...just depends on how you have it set up.

I would like it to play adverts after theatre intro but before the pearl and dean coming attractions clip which plays before the trailers

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - happyshow - 2013-08-05

Is possible to have more than one theater intro video play in the order I determine instead of random?

ie Curtains -> Let's all to to the lobby

After those intros, I would have my trailers start.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DaSingh - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-05, 23:46)happyshow Wrote: Is possible to have more than one theater intro video play in the order I determine instead of random?

Guess you could create a playlist file to do that.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DaSingh - 2013-08-06

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

(2013-08-04, 20:52)giftie Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Change your screen saver time

Having the exact same issue will increase screensaver time to around 10minutes and see if that helps. Is there anyway to set OSM saying "You have 5 minutes" or what ever the length of the trivia is set for. Also what does Movie Quiz do as I cant get that to work.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - GrrArrgh - 2013-08-06

Hey, so I'm having a weird issue where Cinema Experience doesn't seem to be running at all. I tried it out by installing on my laptop (OSX Mountain Lion, Transparency skin) and then once I got it working, decided to install it on my main living room media server (OSX Lion (not mountain lion), Transparency skin). I've tried to replicate everything exactly the way I had it on the laptop, but on my main computer, I never get the indication at the top of the screen that cinema experience is on (and I have that setting turned on on both computers). On my laptop, when I press Q, it queues the movie correctly and the script runs through fine. On my media server, when I press Q, it simply forwards me to the next movie in the list, as if I'm pressing the right arrow.

Just in case a file got corrupted, I completely uninstalled and re-installed XBMC and all files on the main computer. Prior to that, I disabled and re-enabled cinema experience, and uninstalled and reinstalled it. The main differences between the two installations are the OS version and on the server computer, the video files and the xml file I'm pointing the script to are on an attached Drobo. XBMC has no problems seeing or playing the video files normally if I just select things manually (not using cinema experience).

I'm new to XBMC, so even basic suggestions would be helpful.

ETA: here's my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42832

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - happyshow - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-06, 00:40)DaSingh Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 23:46)happyshow Wrote: Is possible to have more than one theater intro video play in the order I determine instead of random?

Guess you could create a playlist file to do that.

Could you point me in the right direction on how to create a playlist file for Cinema Experience. I am a newbie with this but I am loving it.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Cokeaholik - 2013-08-06

here's my log file i dont see why it isnt working. any suggestions?

thanks for the reply!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=42723