Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ocmdiaz714 - 2013-08-28

(2013-02-11, 18:22)RagnaroktA Wrote: So I finally added Cinema Experience to my build. Great script! I decided that I wanted some custom intro videos to go with my skin so I grabbed After Effects, a template, and some free sounds. This is what came of it all.

If there's any interest, I can upload the After Effects project files and such so that people can modify them and create their own. Here are some screenshots:

The difference in the movies is the text at the end. The text for the Feature Presentation intro is larger than the rest. Here are the download links:

XBMC Pre-show Entertainment
XBMC Coming Soon to Theatres
XBMC Feature Presentation

Hi any chance I could get these in 720p please?!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-28, 17:04)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: Hi any chance I could get these in 720p please?!

Does XBMC not automatically scale the video to your default resolution? Are you using an external player? Do you want it in 720p due to size constraints on disk?

Here are some instructions detailing how to scale the video down to 720p using a free tool called Handbrake.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - THX-UltraII - 2013-08-28

(2013-08-27, 22:02)THX-UltraII Wrote: I have Aeon MQ4 skin installed on xbmc Gotham Alpha 6. What i would like to do is:

1. When i chose my movie that i m going to watch first play 2 trailers, one from hdtrailers.net 'top10' and one from hdtrailers.net 'latest'.

2. After playing these 2 trailers play one of my 3 thx intro clips i have downloaded and that are located in a specific folder.

3. After playing the thx intro clip play a countdown clip.

As for your info: i m using a external player for all my content.
Is this all possible to do?

no ideas anyone?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xmbc_x - 2013-08-28

Hi Everyone,

Been working and using xbmc since the xbox days and just started to use the cinema plugin since I just finished building my new dedicated home theater room. I was going to make my own intro's using blend and adobe premiere but after finding the site vipid off of the AVS forums I decided to use them. I liked what they had and it saves a ton of time doing it myself which is in short supply these past few years.

I bought a 11 pack since it was the best deal and made some custom intro's for my personal theater. I also made a generic trivia and intermission intro which is not branded and can be used by anyone. I figured I would share them with anyone who would want to use them. Both videos were done in 1080p and look great on a 100" screen.

I used the promo theme for the trivia intro and then took some images off the web and created a image that I liked and vectorized it so they would be cleaner. They were very small images and they didn't vector as crazy sharp as some of my images I used in custom hyperspin themes but I felt for what it was used for it came out well.

View Trivia Intro Here

For the intermission intro I used the suspense theme and just added the words "REST YOUR EYES AND YOUR EARS AND TAKE A BREAK INTERMISSION".

View Intermission Intro Here

Click Here to download the two files which were uploaded into one zip file to make in easily accessible to anyone who doesn't have winrar.

Enjoy.

Mike

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ocmdiaz714 - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-28, 19:43)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-08-28, 17:04)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: Hi any chance I could get these in 720p please?!

Does XBMC not automatically scale the video to your default resolution? Are you using an external player? Do you want it in 720p due to size constraints on disk?

Here are some instructions detailing how to scale the video down to 720p using a free tool called Handbrake.

Yes it does scale, but I want a raw 720p file for higher quality. No offense, but the video doesn't look good on my 32".

Edit: You want me to downscale? I'm downloading the video from Mediafire at a resolution of 960x540, am I downloading an older file?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - keisuji - 2013-08-29

Hi i have been using ce for a while now and i´m happy with it, but is there a way to get non english trailers that would be good.
like the PreviewNetworks addon for exmaple where i can select the trailer language.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-29, 08:23)ocmdiaz714 Wrote: Yes it does scale, but I want a raw 720p file for higher quality. No offense, but the video doesn't look good on my 32".

Edit: You want me to downscale? I'm downloading the video from Mediafire at a resolution of 960x540, am I downloading an older file?

No offense taken, I'm just surprised because the version out there is what I use on my 1080p setup and it looks crisp. Let me see what I can do about putting out a true 1080p and 720p version from the development files. If it doesn't look good now, downscaling from the video files isn't really going to hep you much.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-25, 04:04)Wanilton Wrote: Giftie, I tried using cinema experience in gotham alpha 7, and have errors, here debug log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=49492

Is possible look this please

Thanks

any idea?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mcorcoran - 2013-09-01

For some reason Cinema Experience has stopped playing trailer for me. I have it set to Apple Trailers Latest, and looking at the log file files it seems to pick a trailer just fine, but for some reason it doesn't add it the queue. I'm pretty sure it was working with these setting a couple of weeks ago. Here's my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=53299

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - CaptainKen - 2013-09-01

(2013-08-28, 22:37)xmbc_x Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Been working and using xbmc since the xbox days and just started to use the cinema plugin since I just finished building my new dedicated home theater room. I was going to make my own intro's using blend and adobe premiere but after finding the site vipid off of the AVS forums I decided to use them. I liked what they had and it saves a ton of time doing it myself which is in short supply these past few years.

I bought a 11 pack since it was the best deal and made some custom intro's for my personal theater. I also made a generic trivia and intermission intro which is not branded and can be used by anyone. I figured I would share them with anyone who would want to use them. Both videos were done in 1080p and look great on a 100" screen.

I used the promo theme for the trivia intro and then took some images off the web and created a image that I liked and vectorized it so they would be cleaner. They were very small images and they didn't vector as crazy sharp as some of my images I used in custom hyperspin themes but I felt for what it was used for it came out well.

View Trivia Intro Here

For the intermission intro I used the suspense theme and just added the words "REST YOUR EYES AND YOUR EARS AND TAKE A BREAK INTERMISSION".

View Intermission Intro Here

Click Here to download the two files which were uploaded into one zip file to make in easily accessible to anyone who doesn't have winrar.

Enjoy.

Mike

Love the Trivia Intro! Thank you for sharing.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xmbc_x - 2013-09-02

no problem CaptainKen. Also just finished a 4D Home Theater slide for those of us who use buttkicker's or any other transducers. Will post that up later tonight.

Mike

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Isantus - 2013-09-02

XBMC and Cinema Experience are amazing! I just recently built my HTPC and getting everything running. I have a quick question about Cinema Experience though. I have all the main videos working as planned thus far, still gathering a few more, but I can't seem to get audio videos to work. I have downloaded about 12 from Demo World and they are in the correct folder. I have cinema experience set to play the videos and have pointed it to the video folder but nothing plays.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

One more question. Where is a good location to create custom home theater intro videos or slides? Are there specific places people are going to cheat these?

Thanks in advance as well as for the wonderful information on this site.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2013-09-05

I'm having a problem to get the audio of aac video files to play when using cinema experience. For some reason there's no sound. However, no issues with other audio formats, only with aac files and apple movie trailers (720p). And what's even more odd the audio issue exists only when cinema experience is used. I tested the very same aac video file with and without cinema experience and in the first test there was no audio and in the second there was, respectively. If I change audio output from hmdi to analog and disable all the audio passthrough features, there are no problems with cinema experience.

Tried to reinstall cinema experience but no help from that action.

So it looks to me that cinema experience is causing the issue with wasapi or passtrhough mode or something. Anyone else having the same problem?

Here's my debug log:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=55328

EDIT: problem solved! Dont know what I did but suddenly all video formats are fine, even those aac files that was causing audio issues before. Maybe it has something do with that I change incoming attractions video aac file to another aac file. Perhaps the first one was faulty in some way and result in audio issues with apple movie trailers as well.

@Isantus
I had the same problem and my solution was to rename the audio format folders. For example dolby digital audio video should be in a folder that is named dolby digital. So Im saying that there's a convention how the audio video folders should be named. If that doesn't do the trick then send a debug log here and wait till someone check if there are errors. If you don't know the proper names for the folders, just ask.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Harro - 2013-09-06

I found THIS Place for great Intros.

Thought some of you may be interested.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Isantus - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-05, 23:07)weirdinin Wrote: @Isantus
I had the same problem and my solution was to rename the audio format folders. For example dolby digital audio video should be in a folder that is named dolby digital. So Im saying that there's a convention how the audio video folders should be named. If that doesn't do the trick then send a debug log here and wait till someone check if there are errors. If you don't know the proper names for the folders, just ask.

Thanks for the help. That did it. I renamed everything and found a folder layout description for Cinema experience. However now my ratings videos are not working. Granted they never were but I am following the naming convention and they are still not playing. Any thoughts on those?