Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - vnguyen972 - 2013-09-27

Hi giftie, when I bind the play button to trigger Cinema Experience... it works for the most part but it plays twice... so if I have set 2 trailers before the movie, it cues up 4 trailers, not sure whatelse to check ...I realized it was an experiment function but is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - MidnightWatcher - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 00:59)giftie Wrote:
(2013-09-26, 04:20)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Any reason why the developers of XBMC haven't yet incorporated Cinema Experience as a standard built-in feature of XBMC? With something this good, it's shouldn't be just an add-on. Smile

Because it's not something that is required to experience XBMC.. It is the reason why add-on's exist.
A delicious topping isn't required to experience french toast. But it sure makes it taste a whole lot better.

Nod

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 04:24)vnguyen972 Wrote: Hi giftie, when I bind the play button to trigger Cinema Experience... it works for the most part but it plays twice... so if I have set 2 trailers before the movie, it cues up 4 trailers, not sure whatelse to check ...I realized it was an experiment function but is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks.

How are you 'Binding' the play button, by using the 'Override Play Button' setting or another method?

A debug log will show me what is happening..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - P_Jamula - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-23, 07:50)P_Jamula Wrote: Hi:
I am new to XBMC and Cinema Experience...just have had XBMC up and running for the last couple of months. I have 3 instances of XBMC networked with libraries synchronized using MySQL. my media and databases reside on a NAS.
I am about to start on the Cinema Experience. I have the following questions:
1. Can I place the Cinema Experience folders on the NAS so all my instances of XBMC share and use the same information and if so how do I point to them.
2. With regards to the trivia slides.... how do I make only those slides appropriate to the main feature play ... the same for copycats etc..
3. Also somewhere I saw a trailer.nfo...... currently I am using Media Center Master for scrapping my movies and then copying them into the NAS XBMC library. Trailers are part of the movie folder. how and what creates the trailer.nfo. Is it required and where should it reside??

any assistance will be greatly appreciated

No response....... Sad Sad Sad Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - vnguyen972 - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 05:55)giftie Wrote: How are you 'Binding' the play button, by using the 'Override Play Button' setting or another method?

Yes, I'm using "Override Play Button" setting. Okay, I'll get the debug log as soon as the trailers are done playing....

EDIT: here's my debug log, please take a look Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-09-27

(2013-09-27, 15:37)vnguyen972 Wrote:
(2013-09-27, 05:55)giftie Wrote: How are you 'Binding' the play button, by using the 'Override Play Button' setting or another method?

Yes, I'm using "Override Play Button" setting. Okay, I'll get the debug log as soon as the trailers are done playing....

EDIT: here's my debug log, please take a look Smile

I need an actual debug log, that was just a standard log file. There are two instances of Cinema Experience running, hopefully the debug log will show more.

(2013-09-27, 10:07)P_Jamula Wrote:
I am new to XBMC and Cinema Experience...just have had XBMC up and running for the last couple of months. I have 3 instances of XBMC networked with libraries synchronized using MySQL. my media and databases reside on a NAS.
1. Can I place the Cinema Experience folders on the NAS so all my instances of XBMC share and use the same information and if so how do I point to them.
2. With regards to the trivia slides.... how do I make only those slides appropriate to the main feature play ... the same for copycats etc..
3. Also somewhere I saw a trailer.nfo...... currently I am using Media Center Master for scrapping my movies and then copying them into the NAS XBMC library. Trailers are part of the movie folder. how and what creates the trailer.nfo. Is it required and where should it reside??

Sorry, I had thought I replied to this message..

1. you can place the files on a NAS 3.0.6 You just need the drives mapped in you OS. In 3.0.7 the script fully uses XBMC VFS module and the paths do not have to be mapped.
2. at the moment, slides are only limited by the rating of the movie. there are plans to introduce more options, but this also would mean more work for the slide developers. These options would most likely be Genre, Actor, director.
3. If you are wanting to use the library's Trailers, you just need to use the XBMC Library trailer scraper(set in trailer settings) The script will use the info stored in the Movie Library to pick and choose trailers.
3.a The .NFO file is created three ways right now. 1. By the script's internal Apple Trailer downloader(which needs the slideshow to be long enough to download) 2. The Windows program HD-Net Trailer Downloader. 3. By hand, using the example supplied on the first page of this thread. These.NFO files are only needed if you use the 'Local Folder' scraper for trailers and have the options to limit the Trailer by what the Movie is(genre and rating).

(2013-09-27, 19:29)giftie Wrote: I need an actual debug log, that was just a standard log file. There are two instances of Cinema Experience running, hopefully the debug log will show more.

Maybe I didn't turn on the "debugging" option in XBMC? So I went and turned it on and generated the logfile again... but this time, I cannot paste it on pastebin because the file is too big... and I don't have PRO account. I tried the xbmclogs.com and the website is down I think... or the function of paste on the site doesn't work because it gave me 504 Gateway error... I also tried its plugin XBMC Debug Log uploader and it doesn't work and crashed XBMC ...

Any other site I can upload my log files? any suggestion?
thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Martijn - 2013-09-27

paste.ubuntu.com

also never ever post logs on the forum

(2013-09-27, 20:33)Martijn Wrote: paste.ubuntu.com

also never ever post logs on the forum

Thanks. Yeah I know the rule, I have learned it the hard way sometimes ago Smile Thanks for the suggestion. I found one before reading your message, lets see if it works for giftie Smile

giftie, here's my debug log, hopefully it has all the debug info.

http://tny.cz/6c58e967
Password: cinemaexperience

Thanks in advance.
PS: Also, I'm not sure why there would be 2 instances of XBMC running while I only ran it once... and if I triggered CE via the Movie Information panel by clicking the Cinema Experience Icon, it works fine... but I wanted it to load when I click play on the movie Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - P_Jamula - 2013-09-29

(2013-09-27, 19:41)giftie Wrote:
(2013-09-27, 10:07)P_Jamula Wrote:

Sorry, I had thought I replied to this message..

1. you can place the files on a NAS 3.0.6 You just need the drives mapped in you OS. In 3.0.7 the script fully uses XBMC VFS module and the paths do not have to be mapped.
2. at the moment, slides are only limited by the rating of the movie. there are plans to introduce more options, but this also would mean more work for the slide developers. These options would most likely be Genre, Actor, director.
3. If you are wanting to use the library's Trailers, you just need to use the XBMC Library trailer scraper(set in trailer settings) The script will use the info stored in the Movie Library to pick and choose trailers.
3.a The .NFO file is created three ways right now. 1. By the script's internal Apple Trailer downloader(which needs the slideshow to be long enough to download) 2. The Windows program HD-Net Trailer Downloader. 3. By hand, using the example supplied on the first page of this thread. These.NFO files are only needed if you use the 'Local Folder' scraper for trailers and have the options to limit the Trailer by what the Movie is(genre and rating).

Thanks a lot for the clarity.... go try it now....
when is 3.0.7 expected??

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-24, 08:38)Skank Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 04:54)giftie Wrote:
(2013-09-23, 11:21)Skank Wrote: Just reinstalled it
Moved my cinema experience to my NAS
Now inside settings, i cant browse to my network to my files? to select where the files are...
Is this not supported?

Did you add the paths in file manager?

No Smile
Gonna try that..
Its a fresh install..thatswhy

Working now, thx

Any idea how i integrate movie quiz?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92540

says its integrated with cinema experience...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - REQ: force intermission, skip video - xbmclover - 2013-09-30

1 - I would like to be able to force an intermission in the middle of a movie. I don't know if the CE script is 'listening' while a main feature plays, but is it possible to pause a movie, play an intermission clip (possibly on a loop), then resume the main feature?

2 - I am not able to skip over any video clips; or skip past the buffer of any streams. FF works ok, but SKIP does nothing (not sure if that's a CE script problem or not, please advise)

3 - I can't wait to show off my new theater experience to all my jealous friends!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - th3count - 2013-10-05

Looking for someone to write me an automation script (will pay)
What I am looking for it to do is. you can just instart a dummy place holder for the shell command. i will add it later.

Script Start
disable addon boblight
execute shell command

Coming Attraction Intro
execute shell command

FEATURE PRESENTATION
execute shell command
enable addon boblight

Paused
execute shell command

Resume
execute shell command

Intermission
execute shell script

Feature Presentation Outro
execute shell command

please feel free to PM me if you are want a donation for the full script.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Abshole - 2013-10-09

Looked all over for a pack of the BBFC rating system, but couldn't find one. Luckily I remade HD ones of the MPAA system. Anyone have the BBFC?

Also, where's a good side for Audio Format videos?