Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - godson - 2013-10-20

Okay guys i'm new to this but really like the concept of Cinema Experience. Now the question is: what do i need?
Not interested in the trivia slides but i do like the concept of having the DTS, THX and Dolby Digital intro video, couple of trailers and the distributor intro video. Where do i download these? Is there an existing pack available for download?

Is there anything else Cinema Experience can do?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-10-20

Check out my Slides & Trivia site. There are tons of resources including a site where you can get those videos. I've also created more content than just trivia slides, like intro videos.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - godson - 2013-10-20

Okay i guess these are what i'm looking for. Question is where do i get them?

4. Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
5. Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
7. Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)
8. Feature Presentation Intro Video(s)
9. Rating
10. Audio (DD/DTS/THX etc)
11. Countdown Video

@Rag - any direct link? SOrry i'm a bit slow today - can't see the link to the site

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmwilson - 2013-10-20

Trivia Questions NOT working - I am seeing Questions but not the answer!!!!! (when i play cinema experience)

Where do I put this code? - What file do I edit and where is itHuh?

The next example of a slides.xml is for a two part trivia question(question and answer):

PHP Code:
<slides>
<slide>
<slide rating="R">
<question format=".([0-9]{1,3})+_q.jpg" />
<clue format="N/A" />
<answer format=".([0-9]{1,2})+_a.jpg" />
</slide>
</slides>

If your Q&A do not have any ordering numbers (ie slide1_q, the 1 is the ordering number) just use the following:
PHP Code:
<slides>
<slide>
<slide rating="G">
<question format=".+_a.jpg" />
<clue format="N/A" />
<answer format=".+_b.jpg" />
</slide>
</slides>
This works for the Screenshot Shot Quiz( Pack 0.1 and Pack 2 0.2 Alpha) contained in one or more of the stills pack available for download.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-10-21

(2013-10-20, 18:51)godson Wrote: @Rag - any direct link? SOrry i'm a bit slow today - can't see the link to the site

The link is in my signature. Let me know if you have any trouble.

(2013-10-20, 20:39)rmwilson Wrote: Trivia Questions NOT working - I am seeing Questions but not the answer!!!!! (when i play cinema experience)

Where do I put this code? - What file do I edit and where is itHuh?

It sounds like there's an issue in your XML file. The slides.xml file generally comes in the trivia packs. All of the information you need is on the cinema experience wiki. I'll be happy to help. What packs are you using? How are the slides named?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmwilson - 2013-10-23

I am not sure what pack I am using I have downloaded a whole ton from different sources and links I "THINK" some of them are yours?

My Dir structure is as follows
C:\cinema experience\Trivia\ Q&A
C:\cinema experience\Trivia\Stills

In the Q&A dir I have sub folders
_Exclude
Actor Scramble
Doubletakes
Fram By Frame
Guess Who

Some sample files in those dir are:
Actor Scramble
AdrianBrody_a.jpg
AdrianBrody_b.jpg
AlPacino_a.jpg
AlPacino_b.jpg

Frame By Frame
300_a
300_b

My double takes dir does not have a slides.xml and teh naming convention seems to be a bit different
dt-009a.jpg
dt-oo9b.jpg (note no underscore between a and b

All the dir seem to have a slides.xml file in them and this is the content in that file....
<slides>
<slide>
<question format="([a-z])_a\.jpg" />
<clue format="q([0-9]{1,3})c\.jpg" />
<answer format="([a-z])_b\.jpg" />
<mpaa = "N/A">
</slide>
</slides>

ABeautifulMind_a
ABeautifulMind_b

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-10-23

(2013-10-23, 02:28)rmwilson Wrote: I am not sure what pack I am using I have downloaded a whole ton from different sources and links I "THINK" some of them are yours?

_Exclude
Actor Scramble
Doubletakes
Fram By Frame
Guess Who

Actor Scramble
AdrianBrody_a.jpg
AdrianBrody_b.jpg
AlPacino_a.jpg
AlPacino_b.jpg

Frame By Frame
300_a
300_b

My double takes dir does not have a slides.xml and teh naming convention seems to be a bit different
dt-009a.jpg

All the dir seem to have a slides.xml file in them and this is the content in that file....
<slides>
<slide>
<mpaa = "N/A">
</slide>
</slides>

ABeautifulMind_a
ABeautifulMind_b

All of those but the Double Takes set are mine. All of mine have a slides.xml file included in the archive, so you shouldn't need to do anything to get those to work. If my sets didn't come with one, check out the FAQ on my Slides & Trivia website to see what you need to use in the XML file for each set. I believe the Double Takes set is from JThree on the AVSForum. You'll need to create a slides.xml file to get those to work. In theory, for the Double Takes set you should be able to use the following:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <slide rating="N/A">
        <question format=".+a.jpg" />
        <clue format=".+c.jpg" />
        <answer format=".+b.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

To create an XML file, just create a new document in notepad. Paste the XML code above (or from the FAQ page) in that file, and rename it from slides.txt to slides.xml. You might also walk through this page step by step, or follow the instructions on the Cinema Experience Wiki to get the slides configured.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - astrothug - 2013-10-23

hi all I had a hard drive fail and like an ass didn't back up my cinema experience, i lost all my intro and and coming attractions, the whole folder structure, I have been looking to download them again but cant find a place that has everything I had. they are no longer available.. any help would be so awesome thanks..

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-23, 22:55)astrothug Wrote: hi all I had a hard drive fail and like an ass didn't back up my cinema experience, i lost all my intro and and coming attractions, the whole folder structure, I have been looking to download them again but cant find a place that has everything I had. they are no longer available.. any help would be so awesome thanks..

I might be able to help with the slides and videos. What are you missing? Be as specific when you describe them as you can.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - astrothug - 2013-10-24

1. Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
2. Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
3. Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)
4. Feature Presentation Intro Video(s)
5. Countdown Video
6. Intermission Video(s) - If selected
7. Rating Video - if selected
8. Audio Format Video - if selected

I think it was about 5 gigs of those above videos....
and thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - astrothug - 2013-10-24

ok good news i took a hammer to the bad hard drive hit it a few times, and what do you now, I just finishing moving my files, I will be making a a back up soon.. thanks again..

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bry - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 00:21)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 22:55)astrothug Wrote: hi all I had a hard drive fail and like an ass didn't back up my cinema experience, i lost all my intro and and coming attractions, the whole folder structure, I have been looking to download them again but cant find a place that has everything I had. they are no longer available.. any help would be so awesome thanks..

I might be able to help with the slides and videos. What are you missing? Be as specific when you describe them as you can.

You should be able to upload the full ce folder to mega and post publicly. Even usenet would be wonderful

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmwilson - 2013-10-25

Thanks I'll give it a shot

(2013-10-23, 16:38)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 02:28)rmwilson Wrote: I am not sure what pack I am using I have downloaded a whole ton from different sources and links I "THINK" some of them are yours?

_Exclude
Actor Scramble
Doubletakes
Fram By Frame
Guess Who

Actor Scramble
AdrianBrody_a.jpg
AdrianBrody_b.jpg
AlPacino_a.jpg
AlPacino_b.jpg

Frame By Frame
300_a
300_b

dt-009a.jpg

<slides>
<slide>
<mpaa = "N/A">
</slide>
</slides>

ABeautifulMind_a
ABeautifulMind_b

All of those but the Double Takes set are mine. All of mine have a slides.xml file included in the archive, so you shouldn't need to do anything to get those to work. If my sets didn't come with one, check out the FAQ on my Slides & Trivia website to see what you need to use in the XML file for each set. I believe the Double Takes set is from JThree on the AVSForum. You'll need to create a slides.xml file to get those to work. In theory, for the Double Takes set you should be able to use the following:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <slide rating="N/A">
        <question format=".+a.jpg" />
        <clue format=".+c.jpg" />
        <answer format=".+b.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

To create an XML file, just create a new document in notepad. Paste the XML code above (or from the FAQ page) in that file, and rename it from slides.txt to slides.xml. You might also walk through this page step by step, or follow the instructions on the Cinema Experience Wiki to get the slides configured.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - KevinMyhre - 2013-10-25

I may have missed it but I didn't see this problem posted on here. I recently upgraded to Mavericks on my Mac Pro (I know it was dumb) I was able to get XBMC working again with a nightly build but every time I try to use Cinema Experience it now crashes the program. I know Mavericks is only a few days old so I don't really expect a fix right this second but I figured I'd mention it and see if anyone has a fix for it. Right now I'm in the process of downgrading my computer back to mountain lion seeing we're having a big Halloween party this weekend and I was planning on showing a bunch of movies in our theater lol.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-10-26

Don't forget to post your log. Instructions can be found on the CE Wiki.