Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-16

(2014-01-16, 07:47)tommymsw Wrote: I upgraded to Gotham alpha 11 and I no longer have the "addon does not have the correct structure" error when trying t install.

I am assuming these are known issues with the Gotham version, but I will add them just in case:

1. Trivia slides to no longer play in order (i.e. question and then answer)
2. I have music in the background of trivia that is set to a lower level, the music gets real loud again for about 10 seconds at the end of the trivia before it fades out
3. If you choose a video for the previews outro, the previews will not play.

I'm not able to reproduce any of these problems, although I am on a much new version, I don't recall these items as bugs that had been fixed.

Could you post a link to you debug log(see my signature if you need help)

Quote:I am not sure where the "Movie Theater Outro" video is supposed to play (before or after the movie) but if it is before, it also does not play.

This video would be the very last video played, after the feature presentation outro.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tommymsw - 2014-01-16

Quote:I am not sure where the "Movie Theater Outro" video is supposed to play (before or after the movie) but if it is before, it also does not play.

This video would be the very last video played, after the feature presentation outro.
[/quote]

So there are two that play after the feature presentation? "Feature Presentation Outro" and "Movie Theater Outro"?

I'll get the debug log to you as soon as I can. Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2014-01-16

Hey giftie

No advice for my "unique" problem?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-01-16

Quick question: does home automation still work if I use external player (like mpc-hc + madvr) with xbmc instead of the dvdplayer that xbmc uses as a default player. Has anyone tried that?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-16, 19:31)tommymsw Wrote:

Quote:This video would be the very last video played, after the feature presentation outro.

So there are two that play after the feature presentation? "Feature Presentation Outro" and "Movie Theater Outro"?

Correct

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-16, 22:24)weirdinin Wrote: Quick question: does home automation still work if I use external player (like mpc-hc + madvr) with xbmc instead of the dvdplayer that xbmc uses as a default player. Has anyone tried that?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=External_players

The problem with External players is that they don't provide information back to XBMC. The script watches the playback. I have a feeling that the script will think that the video ends then it ends.. You can try and see what happens.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dezblack - 2014-01-17

I have everything working on this as intended, FRODO and the .6 version on Win7 except the home automation script. I've made sure the settings are toggled to enabled. I've also downloaded the home_automation.py script for FRODO and tried it. I see the triggers firing off in the log and all, but eventghost just does not see the trigger. I verified the port is 8278 in the script and the receiver in EG. I also tried adding a line to launch a vbs script instead of using event ghost and still doesn't run:

# Movie Theatre Intro
elif trigger == "Movie Theater Intro" and ha_settings[ "ha_mte_intro" ]:
pass
# place code below this line
subprocess.Popen(['C:/SCRIPTS/xbmc2homeseer/scene-movie.vbs'], shell=True, creationflags=subprocess.SW_HIDE)
self.broadcastUDP("<b>CE_Automate<li>movie_theatre_intro</b>" )

So question is, is this supposed to work? There are so many different answers/solutions configs when searching for this topic. I would be content as to just using a line in the script to run this vbs script (which works). Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - thekow - 2014-01-18

Excellent plug in.

I am running an Gotham ALPHA 13 of xbmc and ACE skin release. CE 3.0.6
It seems a couple of the OUTRO video sections do not play if i have a intro video as well.
I have come up with my own solution not using those options but i am not sure why that is.

I am very late to the party. Does the home theater mega pack still exist or is there any alternative?
I have been on you tube and demo world downloading a few videos but want a few more.
Mainly pre show entertainment , coming soon and feature presentation videos.

Thanks for all the hard work on the plug in.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-17, 23:40)dezblack Wrote: I have everything working on this as intended, FRODO and the .6 version on Win7 except the home automation script. I've made sure the settings are toggled to enabled. I've also downloaded the home_automation.py script for FRODO and tried it. I see the triggers firing off in the log and all, but eventghost just does not see the trigger. I verified the port is 8278 in the script and the receiver in EG. I also tried adding a line to launch a vbs script instead of using event ghost and still doesn't run:

# Movie Theatre Intro
elif trigger == "Movie Theater Intro" and ha_settings[ "ha_mte_intro" ]:
pass
# place code below this line
subprocess.Popen(['C:/SCRIPTS/xbmc2homeseer/scene-movie.vbs'], shell=True, creationflags=subprocess.SW_HIDE)
self.broadcastUDP("<b>CE_Automate<li>movie_theatre_intro</b>" )

So question is, is this supposed to work? There are so many different answers/solutions configs when searching for this topic. I would be content as to just using a line in the script to run this vbs script (which works). Any ideas?

You need to remove the 'pass' code.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dezblack - 2014-01-19

Thanks that did it. This thing rocks, thanks for it. Going to try tieing in 3.0.7 with my wifi2ir device for 3d movies now...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - UHFM - 2014-01-19

Hi

i got a little problem, with this addon.

It doesnt plays lokal trailers.

Im running XBMC 10.1 Dharma and Cinema Experience 1.0.53

i set the trailer path to local (see this picture. its in german)

and all trailers named like this: The Hobbit-trailer.mp4

here is the log: Log on Pastebin

What am I doing wrong?
thanks for all help

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dezblack - 2014-01-19

3.0.7 is working except trivia question and answer slides do not work. Just single slides.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-01-19

Until the final release, you will need to edit the xml files and remove any "N/A" entries you see.

This did not work, but it can wait.

I am more concerned with the reporting of what is playing for a 3D movie.

I have edited the new home_automation.py to include:

def broadcastUDP( self, data, port = 8278 ): # XBMC's former HTTP API output port is 8278
IPADDR = '255.255.255.255'
PORTNUM = port
s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM, 0)
if hasattr(socket,'SO_BROADCAST'):
s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_BROADCAST, 1)
s.connect((IPADDR, PORTNUM))
s.send(data)
s.close()

So for the triggers I have:

#3D Intro
elif trigger == "3D Intro" and ha_setting [ "ha_3d_intro" ]:
self.broadcastUDP( "<b>CE_Automate<li>3D_intro</b>" )

etc..

When playing a 3D movie, everything works except when I get to this trigger, it broadcasts the one for intermission and then no more are broadcasted, (countwon, audio format, movie). I tried turning off the only trigger once for multiple videos setting and got the same result.

I hope this makes since. I think the elif trigger or ha_setting is not reporting correctly

I have also noticed this still plays rating, main attraction and audio videos from the 2d folders when I have these set to not play in the 3d settings screen.