Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - litfoo - 2014-01-29

(2014-01-29, 18:17)giftie Wrote: Depends where in the world you live. Smile. No, it doesn't matter, you will still have to look up the folder when adjusting the settings.

awesome, will get to work on it

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - weirdinin - 2014-01-29

Is there any way to jump to the audio or countdown video when the script is running? It takes 3-5 min to make popcorn and I'd like to have an option to stop trailers and start the movie after that. Sure I could just stop and play but then I miss audio and countdown. Those I would not want to skip. Could eventghost be set to make this work?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - litfoo - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-29, 18:34)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 18:17)giftie Wrote: Depends where in the world you live. Smile. No, it doesn't matter, you will still have to look up the folder when adjusting the settings.

Have started to make some progress now, having assigned the correct folders in the settings menus etc. Smile

It is working now, but I do notice that when I select a movie from my movie wall /movie showcase view , it skips to the next movie/cover before initiating the CE script, which in my case is Trivia

Why is this movie cover skipping behaviour taking place and how can I remove it please?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-30, 18:46)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 18:34)litfoo Wrote:

Have started to make some progress now, having assigned the correct folders in the settings menus etc. Smile

It is working now, but I do notice that when I select a movie from my movie wall /movie showcase view , it skips to the next movie/cover before initiating the CE script, which in my case is Trivia

Why is this movie cover skipping behaviour taking place and how can I remove it please?

It is a behavior of XBMC queueing processes. I have provided skin developers another method. It is posted in the wiki under skin integration.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - litfoo - 2014-01-30

Am using the Aeon Nox skin.

So unless they change this in the skin design/integration, I have to put up with it?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-30

(2014-01-30, 19:28)litfoo Wrote: Am using the Aeon Nox skin.

So unless they change this in the skin design/integration, I have to put up with it?

I am a little doubtful that it will get changed anytime soon...

you can change it yourself..

In the file DialogVideoInfo.xml(found in the folder skin.aeon.nox/1080i) you will find this code around line 1437

Code:
<control type="button" id="20">
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31284]</label>
                        <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
                        <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                        <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                        <onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
                        <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>
                    </control>

Change it to this:

Code:
<control type="button" id="20">
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31284]</label>
                        <include>DialogVideoInfoButton</include>
                        <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                        <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                        <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>
                    </control>
Only one line change really..
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
in place of
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>

The original method has the script queueing from the Movie list(causing the jump to the next movie). The new method causes the script to grab the movie from the library(no jumping)

Thanks again giftie. Will make the code change.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - JCole - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-28, 23:53)giftie Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 23:16)JCole Wrote: So I just installed the Jan. 27th nightly of XBMC Gotham, and the latest test version of CE as listed in the first post of this thread (4.0.7)

When I go to run the script via Movie info, then "cinema" button, I get the movie menu where it jumps to the next item in the library. Nothing plays,

I have included a pastebin here:

http://pastebin.com/pwVwxp0j

Ive had this issue before when I first started using CE, but that was a couple years ago, and it's been rock solid since then so I forget how I fixed it.

One of your slide folders/files has a non-ascii character. try this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpxg1uqz1v5zvw4/script.cinema.experience-4.0.8.zip

Thank you sir. This got the script running, however it introduced something strange and possibly related.

I have my slides folder with two subfolders. "trivia" and "Stills". These are done by Scott F. over at avsforum. The trivia has the usual question slide then answer slide and works fine. However since updating xbmc and now getting the script running, CE will not display anything from the "stills" folder. Any idea why this might be ?

Not sure if a log file is required for this.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - MikeInBelize - 2014-01-31

So I've just got this all setup and running, and it's almost perfect for what I want. However, I was wondering whether it is possible to mix trailer sources such that I get X number of trailers from my local connection and Y number from an external source (i.e. some online source)?

I've tried having a google but I haven't come across anything useful.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-01-31

(2014-01-31, 03:30)JCole Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 23:53)giftie Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 23:16)JCole Wrote: So I just installed the Jan. 27th nightly of XBMC Gotham, and the latest test version of CE as listed in the first post of this thread (4.0.7)

When I go to run the script via Movie info, then "cinema" button, I get the movie menu where it jumps to the next item in the library. Nothing plays,

I have included a pastebin here:

http://pastebin.com/pwVwxp0j

Ive had this issue before when I first started using CE, but that was a couple years ago, and it's been rock solid since then so I forget how I fixed it.

One of your slide folders/files has a non-ascii character. try this version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpxg1uqz1v5zvw4/script.cinema.experience-4.0.8.zip

Thank you sir. This got the script running, however it introduced something strange and possibly related.

I have my slides folder with two subfolders. "trivia" and "Stills". These are done by Scott F. over at avsforum. The trivia has the usual question slide then answer slide and works fine. However since updating xbmc and now getting the script running, CE will not display anything from the "stills" folder. Any idea why this might be ?

Not sure if a log file is required for this.

Strange... Do you happen to have 'Limit Trivia By Rating of Movie' Enabled? if you do, that would require a slides.xml in the stills folder to play them.

(2014-01-31, 03:41)MikeInBelize Wrote: So I've just got this all setup and running, and it's almost perfect for what I want. However, I was wondering whether it is possible to mix trailer sources such that I get X number of trailers from my local connection and Y number from an external source (i.e. some online source)?

I've tried having a google but I haven't come across anything useful.

At the moment, this is not possible to do. It may be a feature that is added in the future

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - litfoo - 2014-02-03

Just checking:

In the Sequence Overview here:

‘Rating video’ at Step 9 – will this look up the rating of the movie from the .nfo and play the corresponding rating video that I have in my BBFC or MPAA folder – what is the expected behaviour please?

And also with ‘Audio Format Video’ at step 10 - will this look up the rating of the movie from the .nfo and play the corresponding rating video that I have in my Videos\Audio\ folder – what is the expected behaviour please?

Thanks

litfoo

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - wojeda - 2014-02-04

(2014-02-03, 12:48)litfoo Wrote: Just checking:

‘Rating video’ at Step 9 – will this look up the rating of the movie from the .nfo and play the corresponding rating video that I have in my BBFC or MPAA folder – what is the expected behaviour please?

litfoo

I always wanted to know this as well. I thought I had read everything there is to read about this awesome plug-in but I don't think I've ever seen how this works really. I know I seem to be getting the wrong MPAA rating very often though. I very naively thought it was reading it off the stream...Big Grin
If it is off the .nfo, what happens if there is none to be read? May be that is my problem.

Also, another quick one. Is Cinema Experience Gotham compatible now? (Well, at least with Alpha?).

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - TMW2N - 2014-02-04

That's how it should work, yeah. you need to make sure the folders are named correctly for the audio formats or it will skip them entirely though. the format names are case sensitive.

(2014-02-03, 12:48)litfoo Wrote: Just checking:

And also with ‘Audio Format Video’ at step 10 - will this look up the rating of the movie from the .nfo and play the corresponding rating video that I have in my Videos\Audio\ folder – what is the expected behaviour please?

Thanks

litfoo

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - TMW2N - 2014-02-04

I'm having issues with the addon, I had it working initially just showing the rating video, and that worked 100%
I decided to add in trailers, and the movie quiz, and those work fine, but now the ratings video isn't playing.
my set up is, XBMCbuntu, with the files living on a freenas box accessed over SMB
the library database is on another machine in mySQL, as i have a few xbmc boxes around the place.

anyone got any idea why the ratings video would fail to play? the file permissions are fine, as i can play them if i browse to them in the file manager.

debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/WmCT8a2K

update to my last post, i now have ratings videos playing, i downloaded the "colours" videos from CE slides and trivia, and they fail to play, despite being in the same naming convention, but the original files have which were avi files, play fine. i guess i'll try converting the colours files to avi next, see if i can get them to play