Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dezblack - 2014-04-04

I couldn't really find anything on this, so this is how I did it. My z-wave products are all connected to a server with a webpage frontend. I used Fiddler to find the needed http post commands to control them after creating the events. i.e. ran fiddler, clicked the control on the page and found the command.. I use the eventghost python scripting to run a vbs script that runs the http post to trigger the event.

It's a little convoluted but it works.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - lardo5150 - 2014-04-06

Can someone help me with the Enable Audio Format Video?
I have this enabled, pointed the audio format folder to the folder where the video is (THX), but it never plays.
i know XBMC can play the file, cause I moved it to the movie theatre intro clips folder and it works.

Nevermind, i am dumb. I had to change the folder path to the root of the audio directory, not the subfolder.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-06, 20:15)lardo5150 Wrote: Can someone help me with the Enable Audio Format Video?
I have this enabled, pointed the audio format folder to the folder where the video is (THX), but it never plays.
i know XBMC can play the file, cause I moved it to the movie theatre intro clips folder and it works.

Nevermind, i am dumb. I had to change the folder path to the root of the audio directory, not the subfolder.

THX is not an audio format. You have to set your THX video as the Feature Presentation intro to get it to play before the audio format video. Only Dolby or dts trailers will play from the audio folder based on the audio of the media being played.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - n17dml - 2014-04-06

Hi - I tried out the Cinema Experience and set the trailers and movie quiz - Im playing media from local storage and it doesnt seem like the CE is kicking in.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=167854

^^ here is my log and I can see the script starting but do I need to do anything else before starting a local movie off ?

Thanks for (anyones) help Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-04, 23:48)dezblack Wrote: I couldn't really find anything on this, so this is how I did it. My z-wave products are all connected to a server with a webpage frontend. I used Fiddler to find the needed http post commands to control them after creating the events. i.e. ran fiddler, clicked the control on the page and found the command.. I use the eventghost python scripting to run a vbs script that runs the http post to trigger the event.

How does it work with CE? I mean, what exactly do you have happening?

What I'm looking to do is have the theater set-up in various modes and then activate each mode at various points in CE. My thought process is like this,

All On - Mode for maximum lighting on, bright room with no image on screen. (Not used in CE obviously)
Entrance Lighting - Lighting around the theater is on, light on main screen on floor lighting ect but in a dimmer "enter the theater" setting.
XBMC mode - Sreen lighting turns off but the rest of the lighting remains as above. Enough to see to move around and get comfy but too much light to watch a film
Movie mode - All lights dim out leaving only floor lighting on to see if you need to get up while the movie is playing. If movie is stopped lights return to above
Paused - when the movie is paused ONLY certain lights come back up but not everything. Enough for someone to enter or leave the room without hurting themselves.

Now what would be great is if you could go from Entrance mode to Paused mode when you select CE, and when CE gets to play the main title it enters movie mode. Any time you simply play a movie/video it goes to movie mode and paused mode always works. There would be various lights on various dim settings for each mode. Looking into Z-wave with Veralite seems like it might be possible but perhaps I'm asking too much?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-06, 21:46)n17dml Wrote: Hi - I tried out the Cinema Experience and set the trailers and movie quiz - Im playing media from local storage and it doesnt seem like the CE is kicking in.

^^ here is my log and I can see the script starting but do I need to do anything else before starting a local movie off ?

How are you trying to start Cinema Experience? The script has a few methods of starting, from the Video Info screen, from the Home screen(requires a compatible skin), using the Override Play setting and some more direct methods for external systems(remotes, etc...) The Service part of the addon is what you see running, this is the part of the program that controls the Pause/Resume for the Home Automation, it also does the Override Play function. The Override Play method does not always work on all systems, it's more or less a hack to get the script to capture the play function.

The log does not show any starting method used. Also do you have the Movie Quiz addon installed? Also pre-Gotham Android XBMC's logging really sucks for python addons/

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 01:32)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:48)dezblack Wrote: I couldn't really find anything on this, so this is how I did it. My z-wave products are all connected to a server with a webpage frontend. I used Fiddler to find the needed http post commands to control them after creating the events. i.e. ran fiddler, clicked the control on the page and found the command.. I use the eventghost python scripting to run a vbs script that runs the http post to trigger the event.

How does it work with CE? I mean, what exactly do you have happening?

What I'm looking to do is have the theater set-up in various modes and then activate each mode at various points in CE. My thought process is like this,

All On - Mode for maximum lighting on, bright room with no image on screen. (Not used in CE obviously)
Entrance Lighting - Lighting around the theater is on, light on main screen on floor lighting ect but in a dimmer "enter the theater" setting.
XBMC mode - Sreen lighting turns off but the rest of the lighting remains as above. Enough to see to move around and get comfy but too much light to watch a film
Movie mode - All lights dim out leaving only floor lighting on to see if you need to get up while the movie is playing. If movie is stopped lights return to above
Paused - when the movie is paused ONLY certain lights come back up but not everything. Enough for someone to enter or leave the room without hurting themselves.

Now what would be great is if you could go from Entrance mode to Paused mode when you select CE, and when CE gets to play the main title it enters movie mode. Any time you simply play a movie/video it goes to movie mode and paused mode always works. There would be various lights on various dim settings for each mode. Looking into Z-wave with Veralite seems like it might be possible but perhaps I'm asking too much?
EventGhost may be your best bet to control your lights, there should be 'modules' that will allow you to interface with your device. Once you have EventGhost working well, you can follow the instructions here In the settings, make sure you enable the required triggers.

Also what you would like to create are called Lighting Scenes.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - n17dml - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 01:48)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 21:46)n17dml Wrote: Hi - I tried out the Cinema Experience and set the trailers and movie quiz - Im playing media from local storage and it doesnt seem like the CE is kicking in.

How are you trying to start Cinema Experience? The script has a few methods of starting, from the Video Info screen, from the Home screen(requires a compatible skin), using the Override Play setting and some more direct methods for external systems(remotes, etc...) The Service part of the addon is what you see running, this is the part of the program that controls the Pause/Resume for the Home Automation, it also does the Override Play function. The Override Play method does not always work on all systems, it's more or less a hack to get the script to capture the play function.

The log does not show any starting method used. Also do you have the Movie Quiz addon installed? Also pre-Gotham Android XBMC's logging really sucks for python addons/

Hi thanks for the reply - Im not entirely sure how I start it to be honest - I just assumed the script kicked in when I started a movie.

Im running XBMC on an OUYA right now and holding off Gotham until its out of beta. I just have the default Confluance skin running, should I change that then ?

Yes I have the movie quiz addon installed

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jayce996 - 2014-04-07

Hello everyone,
where could i download the complete pack of video intro/outro and other stuff for the Cinema Experience, so far all the links i've found are too old and not working.
or is there a web site where i could do my shopping ;-)
thank you in advance

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 10:13)jayce996 Wrote: Hello everyone,
where could i download the complete pack of video intro/outro and other stuff for the Cinema Experience, so far all the links i've found are too old and not working.
or is there a web site where i could do my shopping ;-)
thank you in advance

Check out our website! We've got a ton of original content, and lots of links to other projects that you'll want to check out.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmilyard - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-06, 21:42)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 20:15)lardo5150 Wrote: Can someone help me with the Enable Audio Format Video?

THX is not an audio format. You have to set your THX video as the Feature Presentation intro to get it to play before the audio format video. Only Dolby or dts trailers will play from the audio folder based on the audio of the media being played.

So how does CE know which audio format file is if don't use anything in the filename? Does it get info from data when movie was scrapped?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-07, 09:28)n17dml Wrote: Hi thanks for the reply - Im not entirely sure how I start it to be honest - I just assumed the script kicked in when I started a movie.

Im running XBMC on an OUYA right now and holding off Gotham until its out of beta. I just have the default Confluance skin running, should I change that then ?

Yes I have the movie quiz addon installed

Confluence does not work natively with Cinema Experience. You have to mod it to work. Lots of skins have built in support. There is a list of some of them on the CE Wiki. Generally, you have to start CE through the Movie Information screen. Some skins allow you to start from the context menus in a widget, like Aeon MQ 5.

(2014-04-07, 23:01)rmilyard Wrote: So how does CE know which audio format file is if don't use anything in the filename? Does it get info from data when movie was scrapped?

If I'm not mistaken, CE looks to see the audio codec of the file played, and then will just grab a random video from the folder whose name matches that codec. You could put a THX video in the Dolby folder and it would play that when it sees that Dolby codec. It's not picky. It relies on the user to put things in the right spots.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - lardo5150 - 2014-04-08

I want to thank the guys at CinemaVision, I was able to grab a TON of stuff, thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find some Trivia Outro videos, Feature Presentation Intro Videos, maybe a place that has templates to design my own?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmilyard - 2014-04-08

So what all folders for Audio should I have? Dolby, DTS etc etc?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-08, 03:37)lardo5150 Wrote: I want to thank the guys at CinemaVision, I was able to grab a TON of stuff, thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find some Trivia Outro videos, Feature Presentation Intro Videos, maybe a place that has templates to design my own?

Glad you like what we have to offer! We've got intro videos on the site. You'll find them under the Cinema Spots menu item. There are a few websites in our Projects & Resources links list that offer free video templates and on the fly design. Give us a shout if you need anything. We're happy to help.

(2014-04-08, 03:47)rmilyard Wrote: So what all folders for Audio should I have? Dolby, DTS etc etc?

There's quite a few, actually. The wiki outlines how to set up the folder. You'll want to follow that to the letter, then drop the videos you download in the appropriate folder. Check out the Audio Format Directory Structure here.