Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - FredG89 - 2014-04-08

Hey RagnaroktA. Is there a way to have Cinema Experience play either the 2D version or 3D version of the Cinema Spots based on if the movies is 2D or 3D?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-04-08

I believe giftie added 3D support to Cinema Experience a bit ago. If I'm not mistaken, since Frodo does not officially support 3D, the script cannot determine if the movie played is 2D or 3D. Because Gotham has this ability, all you should have to do is configure the settings in Cinema Experience and have a "3D" somewhere in the name of the intro file. I'll confirm with giftie today at some point and add the 3D write up to the Wiki.

TLDR: It's possible, but I need to confirm how to get it working. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-08, 07:36)FredG89 Wrote: Hey RagnaroktA. Is there a way to have Cinema Experience play either the 2D version or 3D version of the Cinema Spots based on if the movies is 2D or 3D?

The script uses two methods in Gotham to determine if the movie is 3D. The first is database information(stereoptics) and second is filename tag.. The Frodo version of the script only uses the second one. You can check out what is available in 3D here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=1584809#pid1584809

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rmilyard - 2014-04-08

I need some help setting up my Trivia.

I have a folder named Trivia
Inside 3 folders named Cinemavision, Q&A and Stills.
In the Cinenavision I have folders for some of the movie title stuff like James Bond, LOTR etc etc
In the Q&A some folders for Q&A slides
In the Stills I have 2 folders Pixar and Blockbusters

If I have this Stills folder not matter what when I start Cinema Ex these play.
If I remove the folder then it seems to be more random, however I do find some the Q&A in playing in order.

Not sure what I might be doing wrong.

I would kinda like to just get all this random I am guessing.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - FredG89 - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-08, 15:51)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 07:36)FredG89 Wrote: Hey RagnaroktA. Is there a way to have Cinema Experience play either the 2D version or 3D version of the Cinema Spots based on if the movies is 2D or 3D?

The script uses two methods in Gotham to determine if the movie is 3D. The first is database information(stereoptics) and second is filename tag.. The Frodo version of the script only uses the second one. You can check out what is available in 3D here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=1584809#pid1584809

Ah ok, so I am to assume that the code hasn't be written by the individual and it's not just settings you config in cinema experience.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 03:11)FredG89 Wrote: Ah ok, so I am to assume that the code hasn't be written by the individual and it's not just settings you config in cinema experience.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking,

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - antovolk - 2014-04-10

Hey, been using this on my setup, this is really great!

Don't know if this has already been posted but one thing that I'd like to see in a future update is the addition of different trailer scrapers such as hd-trailers.net

The reason why I hope that hd-trailers.net is added is because now they host many trailers with 5.1 audio (a few enthusiasts have started taking the unencrypted trailer packages from cinemas and converting them into a home-friendly format - what HDTrailers has done is that they grouped them together nicely with the rest of the trailers for each film). If you can find a way when scraping through HDTrailers to point out and find the ones with 5.1 audio (they're all mp4s with 5.1 aac), this would really be great. I've got a few of the original 5.1 DTS HD MA encodes on my XBMC and they are really impressive, the HDTrailers web versions are really great too.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mookieman - 2014-04-10

Hi there
Was using this without any issues with Frodo. Since I upgraded to the Gotham Beta (currently running Beta 3) I have had a problem.
Firstly if I go to use in the normal way in Aeon Nox, that is press the I (information) button and go to the Cinema Button and try and play that way XBMC freezes and I have to kill it from the Task Manager.
The other way, just pressing Play having set the "Override Play Button" in the CE settings mostly works. It will play all the intro videos, ratings, audio, countdown and then as soon as it hits the movie itself it just exits the movie and goes back to the film list screen.

Debug log located at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=170876

Another issue I have had all along is that all Audio Vids play correctly except for Dolby TrueHD, for some reason it always defaults to the standard Dolby Digital video. I have the videos set up as listed in the Wiki, Parent Folder Videos, Child Folder Audio and then a folder for each of the formats inside the Audio Folder. Also Dolby Digital + does not work from the "Others" folder anybody know know if it's supposed to? Not that big a deal with the audio issue to be honest but I really would like the problem with the main movie not playing to be resolved.

Hoping somebody can help me.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - FredG89 - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-09, 14:54)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 03:11)FredG89 Wrote: Ah ok, so I am to assume that the code hasn't be written by the individual and it's not just settings you config in cinema experience.

NVM, I got it working. I do have a few questions though. Where are you guys getting your music for the trivia slides from? Also where can we get current 3D trailers.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - antovolk - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 00:14)FredG89 Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 14:54)giftie Wrote:

NVM, I got it working. I do have a few questions though. Where are you guys getting your music for the trivia slides from? Also where can we get current 3D trailers.

In regards to 3D trailers, only place is on Movie List forums but they're in Blu-ray 3D format that XBMC can't yet play. This is also where I get the trailers in DTS HD MA and that's where the 5.1 trailers from HDTrailers are sourced from.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - XBMC-Roger - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-10, 17:52)mookieman Wrote: It will play all the intro videos, ratings, audio, countdown and then as soon as it hits the movie itself it just exits the movie and goes back to the film list screen.

That happened to me as well. I tested that outside of CE with a standard playlist and everything works well until an .ISO file shall be played. With ISOs always end on the film list screen, but the movie starts in the background (I can hear the sound). Since Cinema Experience creates a playlist "on the fly", I guess it has less to do with this addon and it is more a general XBMC issue. Strange, since XBMC is capable to handle ISOs.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-10, 17:52)mookieman Wrote: Hi there
Was using this without any issues with Frodo. Since I upgraded to the Gotham Beta (currently running Beta 3) I have had a problem.
Firstly if I go to use in the normal way in Aeon Nox, that is press the I (information) button and go to the Cinema Button and try and play that way XBMC freezes and I have to kill it from the Task Manager.
The other way, just pressing Play having set the "Override Play Button" in the CE settings mostly works. It will play all the intro videos, ratings, audio, countdown and then as soon as it hits the movie itself it just exits the movie and goes back to the film list screen.

The fault is in the scripts handling of your video playlist that you use for one of your intros. This is fixed in the next release.

Quote:Another issue I have had all along is that all Audio Vids play correctly except for Dolby TrueHD, for some reason it always defaults to the standard Dolby Digital video. I have the videos set up as listed in the Wiki, Parent Folder Videos, Child Folder Audio and then a folder for each of the formats inside the Audio Folder. Also Dolby Digital + does not work from the "Others" folder anybody know know if it's supposed to? Not that big a deal with the audio issue to be honest but I really would like the problem with the main movie not playing to be resolved.

I'm not sure if XBMC stores the Dolby digital + track info in the database. The script uses the first audio track details for determining which folder to pull from. If it doesn't match any of the codec values it then uses the 'Others' folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - FredG89 - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-11, 23:41)XBMC-Roger Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 17:52)mookieman Wrote: It will play all the intro videos, ratings, audio, countdown and then as soon as it hits the movie itself it just exits the movie and goes back to the film list screen.

That happened to me as well. I tested that outside of CE with a standard playlist and everything works well until an .ISO file shall be played. With ISOs always end on the film list screen, but the movie starts in the background (I can hear the sound). Since Cinema Experience creates a playlist "on the fly", I guess it has less to do with this addon and it is more a general XBMC issue. Strange, since XBMC is capable to handle ISOs.

I'm not having that problem, but whenever it gets to the movie itselfs. It stutters and clips badly. Doesn't do it when i select the video normally but it does it when I use CE. I'm using Gotham Beta 2.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - XBMC-Roger - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-12, 01:23)giftie Wrote: The fault is in the scripts handling of your video playlist that you use for one of your intros. This is fixed in the next release.

Really? I can reproduce the same issue completely independant from CE with a seftmade playlist, so this fix should bypass XBMC's handling of playlist in that point.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - mookieman - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-12, 01:23)giftie Wrote:
(2014-04-10, 17:52)mookieman Wrote: Hi there

The fault is in the scripts handling of your video playlist that you use for one of your intros. This is fixed in the next release.

Quote:Another issue I have had all along is that all Audio Vids play correctly except for Dolby TrueHD, for some reason it always defaults to the standard Dolby Digital video. I have the videos set up as listed in the Wiki, Parent Folder Videos, Child Folder Audio and then a folder for each of the formats inside the Audio Folder. Also Dolby Digital + does not work from the "Others" folder anybody know know if it's supposed to? Not that big a deal with the audio issue to be honest but I really would like the problem with the main movie not playing to be resolved.

I'm not sure if XBMC stores the Dolby digital + track info in the database. The script uses the first audio track details for determining which folder to pull from. If it doesn't match any of the codec values it then uses the 'Others' folder.

I tested a movie and removed the playlist section, it did indeed play correctly so yes the playlist is the problem.

Re the audio issue I've just realised I'm an idiot Tongue All the movies I have with TrueHD, when I muxed the movies I did not have an AVR that could handle TrueHD so I also included a downmixed Dolby Digital 5.1 track as primary that the AVR could handle at the time. Removed the Dolby Digital track and the correct TrueHD video now plays.
Also done the same for a DD+ movie (XBMC only recently was able to handle Dolby Digital Plus) and again the correct video for the codec plays.

Thank you for your help on this and I look forward to the next version which will hopefully resolve the playlist issue.