Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dbldown768 - 2014-05-22

I had the same problem with running the script and just seeing a black screen and X. If your running openelec. This is fixed in the latest revision.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Warner306 - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-22, 02:32)dbldown768 Wrote: I had the same problem with running the script and just seeing a black screen and X. If your running openelec. This is fixed in the latest revision.

Which is the latest version? I believe I'm using 4.0.1, the same version found in the XBMC.org repo. I can't find a link with a newer version number on the first page.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - DaSingh - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-22, 02:32)dbldown768 Wrote: I had the same problem with running the script and just seeing a black screen and X. If your running openelec. This is fixed in the latest revision.

(2014-05-22, 08:28)Warner306 Wrote:

Which is the latest version? I believe I'm using 4.0.1, the same version found in the XBMC.org repo. I can't find a link with a newer version number on the first page.
I'm using XBMCbuntu 12.2

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - knochentrocken - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-12, 18:47)knochentrocken Wrote: Hi,

I am trying to use the script with Gotham (Win8 64) with no luck so far. I tried all types of videos and combinations but the playlist never starts:
I always get this error:

Quote:ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

Here is my complete log: link

Thanks for any help and any suggestions

Nobody has any idea how I can fix this?
I would really appreciate it...

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dbldown768 - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-22, 08:28)Warner306 Wrote:

It is not recommended but you can get the latest from the github site. Just select the Gotham branch and download annd extract the zip.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Warner306 - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-22, 00:41)Warner306 Wrote: I had the script working fine the first time I configured it; everything played in order from the movie info screen. But now when the script is started, the screen freezes and nothing happens at all. If I hit backspace, I can exit out of the script and continue browsing the menus, but within a minute or two, the animation spontaneously starts and the videos begin playing in succession. I don't know what's responsible for the delay.

I am utilizing the following components of the script:

- Coming Soon intro video
- Three trailers from Apple Movie Trailers (newest)
- Feature Presentation intro video
- MPAA ratings video
- Audio codec video
- 1 feature presentation

This is used in combination with Gotham 13.1 and Aeon Nox 4.1.9.

I've tried the latest github version using the Gotham branch and received a script failed error using Windows 7, Gotham 13.1 with Aeon Nox 4.1.9. The XBMC.org version does not work either - the script simply freezes when initialized and then randomly starts at some time afterwards.

This is my debug log (I'm hosting the notepad copy on Google drive because it's too large for Pastebin):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9InPMjtaDBfQW9Dd1hZQ28/edit?usp=sharing

Edit - Currently, the plugin plays but leaves out the three trailers before the feature presentation. I also have difficulty adjusting the script settings. They keep returning to my previous settings after I hit OK and exit. Everytime I login, it seems to behave a little differently.

Below I've isolated the part of the log I think is responsible for this problem. I believe it has something to do with the Apple Movie Trailers database scraper failing:

Code:
16:02:28 T:2072  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Retriving Trailers: 3 Trailers
16:02:28 T:2072   DEBUG: [Cinema Experience] - [ce_playlist.py] - _get_trailers started
16:02:28 T:2072   ERROR: [Cinema Experience] - Apple Movie Trailers script database scraper
16:02:28 T:2072   ERROR: [Cinema Experience] - ERROR: Main::fetch_trailers (55) - unable to open database file
16:02:28 T:2072  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Adding Trailers: 0 Trailers
16:02:28 T:2072  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Adding Coming Attraction Intro Videos: 1 Videos
16:02:28 T:2072   DEBUG: [Cinema Experience] - _get_special_items() Started
16:02:28 T:2072   DEBUG: [Cinema Experience] - No Items added to playlist
16:02:28 T:2072  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Playlist Size: 4
16:02:28 T:2072  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Trigger List Size: 4
16:02:28 T:2072  NOTICE: [Cinema Experience] - Saving List, Trigger List
16:02:28 T:4712   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 12005
16:02:28 T:4712   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
16:02:28 T:4712   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoFullScreen.xml) ------
16:02:28 T:4712    INFO: Loading skin file: VideoFullScreen.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
16:02:29 T:4712   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)
16:02:31 T:4860   ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.
16:02:31 T:4860  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
16:02:31 T:4712   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)
16:02:31 T:4860    INFO: initializing python engine.
16:02:31 T:4860   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(31, C:\Users\Trent\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.xbmc.versioncheck\service.py): start processing
16:02:31 T:4712   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)
16:02:41 T:4712   ERROR: Previous line repeats 46 times.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Warner306 - 2014-05-23

(2014-05-22, 10:48)knochentrocken Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 18:47)knochentrocken Wrote: Hi,

I am trying to use the script with Gotham (Win8 64) with no luck so far. I tried all types of videos and combinations but the playlist never starts:
I always get this error:

Quote:ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

Here is my complete log: link

Thanks for any help and any suggestions

Nobody has any idea how I can fix this?
I would really appreciate it...

This looks like my error. See above.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-05-24

(2014-05-23, 00:24)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-05-22, 00:41)Warner306 Wrote: I had the script working fine the first time I configured it; everything played in order from the movie info screen. But now when the script is started, the screen freezes and nothing happens at all. If I hit backspace, I can exit out of the script and continue browsing the menus, but within a minute or two, the animation spontaneously starts and the videos begin playing in succession. I don't know what's responsible for the delay.

I am utilizing the following components of the script:

- Coming Soon intro video
- Three trailers from Apple Movie Trailers (newest)
- Feature Presentation intro video
- MPAA ratings video
- Audio codec video
- 1 feature presentation

This is used in combination with Gotham 13.1 and Aeon Nox 4.1.9.

I've tried the latest github version using the Gotham branch and received a script failed error using Windows 7, Gotham 13.1 with Aeon Nox 4.1.9. The XBMC.org version does not work either - the script simply freezes when initialized and then randomly starts at some time afterwards.

This is my debug log (I'm hosting the notepad copy on Google drive because it's too large for Pastebin):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9InPMjtaDBfQW9Dd1hZQ28/edit?usp=sharing
The error you might be having is as dbldown768 had mentioned. The Script tries to open Full Screen before your XBMC is ready(common problem on OpenElec, and now seems to be on Windows) The Latest GIT should fix this, I am not sure what error you had gotten when you tried it(no log from then)
Quote:Edit - Currently, the plugin plays but leaves out the three trailers before the feature presentation. I also have difficulty adjusting the script settings. They keep returning to my previous settings after I hit OK and exit. Everytime I login, it seems to behave a little differently.

The script that the script tries to get the trailers from(Apple Movie Trailers Database Scraper) has not been available for XBMC for quite some time. This has been removed from the next release since it doesn't work. You need to use the First Apple Trailer scraper(Apple Movie Trailers (newest))

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Warner306 - 2014-05-24

I tried the github version again after noticing that it had been updated within the last 12 hours (Wiki Page>>Source Code>>Gotham Branch>>Download Zip). This time it worked. All of my problems have disappeared.

Thanks for all your hard work on this script, giftie. This is some of the most fun I've had with XBMC - the script works great!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - RoaringTiger - 2014-05-24

Hi!
Please help me in solving small problem.
Countdown video does not play correctly.It is played before movies rating video. Is that correct? In previous versions, this video is played in the last.
My folder struture:
Cinema Experience Videos
- Audio
- Coming Atractions Intro
- Coming Atractions Outro
- Feature Presentation Intro
- Feature Presentation Outro
- Intermissions
- Movie Countdown Video
- Movie Theather Intro
- Movie Theather Outro
- Ratings
- Trivia
- Trivia Intro
- Trivia Outro
I use: Windows7, Gotham 13, skin - Aeon Nox and CE version 4.0.10
Thanks for the help.
P.S. Excuse me if I did not write clearly. English is not my native language.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - iceman600 - 2014-05-25

Mine crashes the XBMC every time i chose the cinema experience... Huh Im using Gotham.... how can i get the logs to get help?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dbldown768 - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-25, 20:48)iceman600 Wrote: Mine crashes the XBMC every time i chose the cinema experience... Huh Im using Gotham.... how can i get the logs to get help?

This has been posted many times. Wait for the next release or get from github.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - iceman600 - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-25, 23:16)dbldown768 Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 20:48)iceman600 Wrote: Mine crashes the XBMC every time i chose the cinema experience... Huh Im using Gotham.... how can i get the logs to get help?

This has been posted many times. Wait for the next release or get from github.

Sorry... the thread is too long. TLDR.
Thanks for the info

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - dbldown768 - 2014-05-26

No problem. Give it shot. Seems to have fixed most peoples issues

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Larbfit - 2014-05-26

I am a new XBMC user. Thanks Giftie for all your work on this cool addon. I'm currently running XBMC on my old HP G60 notebook running Windows 7/64. I just setup CE (4.0.7) running Gotham RC1 and using the Confluence skin (modified). I'm having a couple of issues. One is when I run the script from the "cinema" button on the movie info page it goes back to the movie list, shifts right to the next movie, pauses for 10 seconds and then starts normally. This causes some confusion with guests.

The second issue is when the trivia intro ends rather than transitioning smoothly to the trivia slides it abruptly goes back to the movie list for a second or so and then the slides play. (Did I read somewhere in this thread that this was a known issue?)

Does anyone have any thoughts these issues?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=210897

Thanks!