Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 20:46)hoobie7 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 06:05)giftie Wrote: Have you set the settings for the script?

I have set a few settings, yes.
I have tried this on two Windows 7 boxes and an OpenELEC box.
It looks to me like the script is not creating the ha_scripts folder.
The only file in the script.cinema.experience folder is settings.xml.
However, I may just be missing a step.

The problem is that since you pulled from the GitHub, the script has an issue in the sense you have it in a folder called script.cinema.experience-Gotham instead script.cinema.experience This might be causing the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 06:05)giftie Wrote: The script gets the data from XBMC's database directly, the only time the drives would spin up is when the trailer is played.

I know, but that means waiting between each video and watching the spinning wheel while the drives wake up. Easier to have them all in 1 drive that's already up to speed and not cause more delays. Even now if the movie I choose is on a sleeping drive there's no way that XBMC or CE cue ahead to get the video ready and wake up the sleeping drive.

It's a cool feature that will work for some. Even adding the trailers to folders which can be scraped is something I didn't know before and might look into. But for CE I'm going to still use just 1 folder. Well 2, one for 2D and 1 for 3D. This way I can limit the trailers it has to select from as well, only keeping the ones I really enjoy seeing in the CE environment and not needing to see Hannah and Her Sisters before watching The Terminator, or something like that.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jer78 - 2014-07-02

Oh good, someone else has the same problem as I do. Wink I can confirm that the error still occurs when the folder is renamed to script.cinema.experience. I thought maybe it was the skin but I get the same error on 3 skins I tried. Running Gotham 13.1 on a Mac. I also had no problem running the Cinema Experience from the XBMC repo. It's just the github gotham version that's breaking.

(2014-07-01, 21:51)giftie Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 20:46)hoobie7 Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 06:05)giftie Wrote: Have you set the settings for the script?

I have set a few settings, yes.
I have tried this on two Windows 7 boxes and an OpenELEC box.
It looks to me like the script is not creating the ha_scripts folder.
The only file in the script.cinema.experience folder is settings.xml.
However, I may just be missing a step.

The problem is that since you pulled from the GitHub, the script has an issue in the sense you have it in a folder called script.cinema.experience-Gotham instead script.cinema.experience This might be causing the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jer78 - 2014-07-02

Here's the part in my log that cinema experience seems to fail...

21:00:02 T:4612272128 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
Error Contents: ('unexpected EOF while parsing', ('<string>', 0, 0, ''))
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/mediacenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py", line 27, in <module>
settings = settings()
File "/Users/mediacenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/settings.py", line 23, in __init__
self.start()
File "/Users/mediacenter/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/settings.py", line 54, in start
"trailer_newest_only": eval( __addon__.getSetting( "trailer_newest_only" ) ),
SyntaxError: ('unexpected EOF while parsing', ('<string>', 0, 0, ''))
-->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-02

So I got the error with 4.0.13 to go away by using the "script.cinema.experience" folder from 4.0.10.
Unfortunately while the script runs, EventGhost does not seem to be picking up any UDP broadcasts.
LINK to the log.

So, for testing purposes I switched back to 4.0.10.
I got the broadcasts to show up in EG, but only with an odd work around.
LOG is here, and the following is the basic steps I took line by line.

808 - Highlight movie and hit "i" for the info window.
827 - Start Cinema Experience script
1014 - Script Start triggers, this is seen in EG
1188 - The movie begins to play but there is no Movie trigger from CE.
1227 - I press the "s" key to bring up the shutdown menu.
1233 - The Movie trigger immediately goes off and is seen in EG.
1256 - I press "space" to pause the movie, no Pause trigger.
1263 - I resume playback, no Resume trigger.
1268 - I press "s" to bring up shutdown menu
1273 - Pause immediately triggers
1277 - Resume immediately triggers
These both show in EG in rapid succession.
Now I leave the Shutdown menu open and try pausing and resuming
1281 - I pause the movie.
1285 - CE immediately sees the pause and and reports Playback Paused. I had not seen this line before.
1288 - Pause triggered.

...and then I resume the movie and CE reacts immediately.
This is with the Shutdown menu open on screen.
It seems like CE gets stuck and the Shutdown menu unclogs it for some reason.

Trying to get this to work has been fairly frustrating but alot of that may have to do with my own lack of understanding of this script and EventGhost and Python and zVirtualScenes and Z-Wave devices... I kind of dove into the deep end with this.
I am eager to get this working so let me know if there is any other testing I can do to help.Big Grin

(2014-07-02, 02:23)jer78 Wrote: Oh good, someone else has the same problem as I do. Wink I can confirm that the error still occurs when the folder is renamed to script.cinema.experience. I thought maybe it was the skin but I get the same error on 3 skins I tried. Running Gotham 13.1 on a Mac. I also had no problem running the Cinema Experience from the XBMC repo. It's just the github gotham version that's breaking.

jer78

I believe the problem you're having is the same I had.
Unfortunately, I don't think renaming the folder will cut it.
If you look inside that folder I believe there will only be the settings.xml file.
For some reason 4.0.13 does not appear to be populating the folder with the other bits.
Specifically, the ha_scripts folder that contains the home_automation.py file.
This is why I used the 4.0.10 script.cinema.experience folder that I mentioned in my previous post.
Being diligent testers and trying to remove all trace of the old version before installing the new version seems to have bitten us both this time.Rofl

Oh, and if you get 4.0.13 running let me know cuz I want it too!

[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jer78 - 2014-07-03

You are right. It only creates the settings.xml

I tried copying the HA folder over too and still the same problem.

Looks like we will have to wait for a fix from Giftie. In the meantime I'll revert back to the old version. It mostly worked for me with the exception of not executing the ha script during pause and resume.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-05

(2014-07-03, 20:19)jer78 Wrote: You are right. It only creates the settings.xml

Looks like we will have to wait for a fix from Giftie. In the meantime I'll revert back to the old version. It mostly worked for me with the exception of not executing the ha script during pause and resume.

Have you tried hitting 's' to bring up the shutdown menu?
Like I said above this seems to unclog the tubes and the triggers work.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-05

The Problem
So after a few days of trying to get the home automation working I was getting a bit frustrated.
Before getting into CE I had been looking to figure out what software I wanted to use for my Z-Wave.
I bought the Aeon Labs Z-Stick without thinking about how I was going to interface with it.
I had looked at a couple open source options like OpenHAB and OSA, and zVirtualScenes because of CE.
zVirtualScenes was the only one I actually got working and it worked pretty well but I never got around to getting EG to control it.
I didn't like the idea of using EG as a middle man to receive one command just to send a different command to zVS.
Plus EG had crashed on me several times and I had to redo some settings that weren't saved.
On top of that the open source options just lacked a level of polish and ease of use that a pay for app would have.
So I went looking for another solution.

My solution(I hope.)
I remembered one of the Amazon reviews for the Z-Stick mentioned a free version of a retail program called InControl.
Link is here.
It is limited to 10 devices but I only have two dimmers so that's fine by me.
Plus it has a great looking Android app.
With a little Google searching I found this page where there was a request of the company to integrate XBMC.
While that has not panned out yet some one did post some code for how to integrate it DIY style.
The best part is InControl can be remotely controlled via URL requests.
So as a down and dirty test I grabbed one line out of the code, modified it to my setup, and dropped it in place of the UDP broadcast line.
The result? ... It worked! First Attempt! Rofl

Here's an example:
Code:
# Script Start
        if trigger == "Script Start" and ha_settings[ "ha_script_start" ]:
            # place code below this line
            urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.0.100:1178/zwave/activateSceneGet?sceneName=Dim%20Lights')
            pass

With just that I was able to control my lights and with out any middle man.
I think the urllib2 import for the SabNZBd code is what makes this such a copy\paste drop-in fix.
I'm still working out the dim level and timing but it's looking real good so far.Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jer78 - 2014-07-05

Tried that too. Still script failed error message

(2014-07-05, 03:47)hoobie7 Wrote:

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-06

Just to clarify I'm talking about the pause\resume problem you are having in 4.0.10.
I had this issue in 4.0.10 and bringing up the shutdown menu caused the triggers to go through.
So, movie is playing, hit space to pause, hit space to resume, nothing in EG, hit 's' and both pause and resume triggers show up in EG.
Is this what you get or something different?

(2014-07-05, 20:56)jer78 Wrote: Tried that too. Still script failed error message

(2014-07-05, 03:47)hoobie7 Wrote:

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - greg_p - 2014-07-07

I apologize in advance if this was answered, but I am having issues with Cinema Experience working. I have had it working for years with no issue, but recently when I upgraded to Gotham it makes XBMC lock up when I try and use it to run a movie. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it out. I am not exactly sure how to fix it. I thought to delete it and re-install, but it won't let me do that, says that the add-on is in use by the theme (I'm using AEON MQ5)
Any help or links to suggested fixes would be appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-07-07

Hey Giftie, I know you've mentioned an new release coming down the pipeline for CE and I'm wondering if you have any update for it? I've not followed along with the githubs and such and only check in here from time-to-time. Just curious.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-07

(2014-07-07, 17:13)greg_p Wrote: I apologize in advance if this was answered, but I am having issues with Cinema Experience working. I have had it working for years with no issue, but recently when I upgraded to Gotham it makes XBMC lock up when I try and use it to run a movie. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it out. I am not exactly sure how to fix it. I thought to delete it and re-install, but it won't let me do that, says that the add-on is in use by the theme (I'm using AEON MQ5)
Any help or links to suggested fixes would be appreciated.

The best place to start is always a debug log.
You can use http://xbmclogs.com/
Also, I believe if it's crashing there should be a crash log in the same folder.
Check section 3 here.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Batiatus - 2014-07-09

Whoops! Completely wrong thread. My bad.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ivwshane1 - 2014-07-10

I'm not sure what to search for but I'm having a couple of issues with this otherwise awesome program.

I'm using black glass and the xbmc 13.1

I have CE set to:
slideshow for 5 minutes with music
outro random 1 video
two apple trailers streaming

The first issue is that while the slideshow is playing and the background music is playing, after about 3-4 minutes the music player will take focus of the screen and the slideshow can no longer be seen. however, pressing back brings focus to the slideshow where it proceeds as normal and then to the outro video and then trailers, where the 2nd issue happens.

After playing the trailers the movie starts but I am kicked out to the movie selection screen. The movie continues to play so I have to exit out of the movies screen back to full screen mode.

Any ideas on what my issues are? I don't know if it matters but all files are on another system, movies are in ISO format.