Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2014-07-10

(2014-07-07, 18:30)Batiatus Wrote: Hey Giftie, I know you've mentioned an new release coming down the pipeline for CE and I'm wondering if you have any update for it? I've not followed along with the githubs and such and only check in here from time-to-time. Just curious.

Sometime soon. Still straightening RL out.

(2014-07-10, 00:09)ivwshane1 Wrote: I'm not sure what to search for but I'm having a couple of issues with this otherwise awesome program.

I'm using black glass and the xbmc 13.1

I have CE set to:
slideshow for 5 minutes with music
outro random 1 video
two apple trailers streaming

The first issue is that while the slideshow is playing and the background music is playing, after about 3-4 minutes the music player will take focus of the screen and the slideshow can no longer be seen. however, pressing back brings focus to the slideshow where it proceeds as normal and then to the outro video and then trailers, where the 2nd issue happens.

After playing the trailers the movie starts but I am kicked out to the movie selection screen. The movie continues to play so I have to exit out of the movies screen back to full screen mode.

Any ideas on what my issues are? I don't know if it matters but all files are on another system, movies are in ISO format.

How long do you have your screensaver set for?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ivwshane1 - 2014-07-10

(2014-07-10, 02:38)giftie Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 18:30)Batiatus Wrote: Hey Giftie, I know you've mentioned an new release coming down the pipeline for CE and I'm wondering if you have any update for it? I've not followed along with the githubs and such and only check in here from time-to-time. Just curious.

Sometime soon. Still straightening RL out.

(2014-07-10, 00:09)ivwshane1 Wrote: I'm not sure what to search for but I'm having a couple of issues with this otherwise awesome program.

I'm using black glass and the xbmc 13.1

I have CE set to:
slideshow for 5 minutes with music
outro random 1 video
two apple trailers streaming

The first issue is that while the slideshow is playing and the background music is playing, after about 3-4 minutes the music player will take focus of the screen and the slideshow can no longer be seen. however, pressing back brings focus to the slideshow where it proceeds as normal and then to the outro video and then trailers, where the 2nd issue happens.

After playing the trailers the movie starts but I am kicked out to the movie selection screen. The movie continues to play so I have to exit out of the movies screen back to full screen mode.

Any ideas on what my issues are? I don't know if it matters but all files are on another system, movies are in ISO format.

How long do you have your screensaver set for?

It was set to 3 minutes, that looks like that solved the first problem. Thanks!

Now what about the other issue?

Also, is there an easy way to launch a movie in cinema mode other than having to goto movie info and launching it from there?
I have an MCE remote and I can't figure out any shortcut to do this on the remote, I always have to use a mouse and right click to bring up the movie info. I'd love to be able to not have to use a mouse.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - greg_p - 2014-07-10

Thanks. I will follow the format and post as soon as I can, as this add-on was my most favorite until recently.

(2014-07-07, 20:27)hoobie7 Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 17:13)greg_p Wrote: I apologize in advance if this was answered, but I am having issues with Cinema Experience working. I have had it working for years with no issue, but recently when I upgraded to Gotham it makes XBMC lock up when I try and use it to run a movie. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it out. I am not exactly sure how to fix it. I thought to delete it and re-install, but it won't let me do that, says that the add-on is in use by the theme (I'm using AEON MQ5)
Any help or links to suggested fixes would be appreciated.

The best place to start is always a debug log.
You can use http://xbmclogs.com/
Also, I believe if it's crashing there should be a crash log in the same folder.
Check section 3 here.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - JNasty - 2014-07-10

So here's my issue. Running 4.0.10 Win8.1 ACE skin. If I choose a movie and press enter (keyboard) it will only queue and play the most recent movie added and not the movie selected. However, if I press Q or 0 the correct movie will be queued. Any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-10

(2014-07-10, 23:04)JNasty Wrote: So here's my issue. Running 4.0.10 Win8.1 ACE skin. If I choose a movie and press enter (keyboard) it will only queue and play the most recent movie added and not the movie selected. However, if I press Q or 0 the correct movie will be queued. Any suggestions?

I didn't think the script runs at all with the enter button.
Unless you have that experimental option checked.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - greg_p - 2014-07-11

Here are my de-bug reports.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=244575
Your debug xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=244576
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=244577

to re-iterate, this crash happens when I try to run this add-on, no other time. And only until recently has this started to occur, I was using this successfully for years before Gotham install (but might be a co-incidence)

(2014-07-10, 19:23)greg_p Wrote: Thanks. I will follow the format and post as soon as I can, as this add-on was my most favorite until recently.

(2014-07-07, 20:27)hoobie7 Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 17:13)greg_p Wrote: I apologize in advance if this was answered, but I am having issues with Cinema Experience working. I have had it working for years with no issue, but recently when I upgraded to Gotham it makes XBMC lock up when I try and use it to run a movie. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it out. I am not exactly sure how to fix it. I thought to delete it and re-install, but it won't let me do that, says that the add-on is in use by the theme (I'm using AEON MQ5)
Any help or links to suggested fixes would be appreciated.

The best place to start is always a debug log.
You can use http://xbmclogs.com/
Also, I believe if it's crashing there should be a crash log in the same folder.
Check section 3 here.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - PrinceRecluse - 2014-07-12

Sorry if I am rehashing something that may have been answered, but I read the first few pages, unfortunately didn't make it through all 254 pages though so I may have missed a similar post. Wink Apologies in advance.

I am using XBMC Gotham (newest stable release, 13.1.?) with the Aeon Nox 5 skin. Windows 7 64-bit if that matters.

I am trying to figure out how to get CE working (i.e. to launch a movie file with the script active. Already have add-on installed and settings configured, that is not an issue here). Being that the instructions at the beginning are from 2010, could be out of date. But aside from setting up the CE settings from the add-on itself, I did not see a way to "Launch" a movie with the CE script. I assumed that I should follow the instructions for skinners and add the "New" code to my DialogVideoInfo.xml file in my Aeon Nox 5 folder. Still not seeing a button or anyway to launch a CE scripted movie. Any help?

Unfortunately I am not a code jockey so self guidance is limited, but with valid updated instructions, point me in the right direction and I can get it done and troubleshoot on my own. I have a technical background (mainly graphic design) but code is not my strong suit. But I am familiar enough.

As for what I have done so far:
- Installed Cinema Experience Add On (pre-Gotham actually)
- Configured settings in CE add-on (today)
- Copy and Pasted "New" skin PHP code in my DialogVideoInfo.xml file straight from page 1 of thread, no modifications (Backing up the original file of course, in case this is no longer a valid method)

<control type="button" id="49">
<description>Home Theatre</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

That is all. Any help to get this working with a button click or keypress when launching a movie from Aeon Nox 5 would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-07-12

(2014-07-12, 11:51)PrinceRecluse Wrote: Sorry if I am rehashing something that may have been answered, but I read the first few pages, unfortunately didn't make it through all 254 pages though so I may have missed a similar post. Wink Apologies in advance.

I am using XBMC Gotham (newest stable release, 13.1.?) with the Aeon Nox 5 skin. Windows 7 64-bit if that matters.

I am trying to figure out how to get CE working (i.e. to launch a movie file with the script active. Already have add-on installed and settings configured, that is not an issue here). Being that the instructions at the beginning are from 2010, could be out of date. But aside from setting up the CE settings from the add-on itself, I did not see a way to "Launch" a movie with the CE script. I assumed that I should follow the instructions for skinners and add the "New" code to my DialogVideoInfo.xml file in my Aeon Nox 5 folder. Still not seeing a button or anyway to launch a CE scripted movie. Any help?

Unfortunately I am not a code jockey so self guidance is limited, but with valid updated instructions, point me in the right direction and I can get it done and troubleshoot on my own. I have a technical background (mainly graphic design) but code is not my strong suit. But I am familiar enough.

As for what I have done so far:
- Installed Cinema Experience Add On (pre-Gotham actually)
- Configured settings in CE add-on (today)
- Copy and Pasted "New" skin PHP code in my DialogVideoInfo.xml file straight from page 1 of thread, no modifications (Backing up the original file of course, in case this is no longer a valid method)

<control type="button" id="49">
<description>Home Theatre</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

That is all. Any help to get this working with a button click or keypress when launching a movie from Aeon Nox 5 would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to undo what you did. Aeon Nox 5 has built in CE support. To launch it:

Hit "I" to bring up the movie information screen. Now click on the "+" icon on the far right. It should be the top option there.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - PrinceRecluse - 2014-07-12

(2014-07-12, 12:33)RagnaroktA Wrote: Unfortunately, you are going to have to undo what you did. Aeon Nox 5 has built in CE support. To launch it:

Hit "I" to bring up the movie information screen. Now click on the "+" icon on the far right. It should be the top option there.

Lol, "Unfortunately" nothing! Wink Like I said, I do have some sort of a technical background so I am well aware that if I am going to be adjusting any code in a default core file, I better back up the default file first just in case I break something. So fixing what I had already done was as simple as grabbing the original file from back up folder, copy, and paste. Back to normal.

And thanks, I had seen the "+" in the video info window, but I just assumed that was "Add to watch queue" so I didn't bother with it, but it makes sense now. I REALLY appreciate you kindly pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2014-07-12

Not a problem at all! Happy to help.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Cinephile - 2014-07-13

So whenever I try to start the script (from the movie info page) it boots me right back to the main screen (not even starting the movie). I know you probably need a log file but I'm not at home so I thought I'd see if anyone else ever ran across this issue.

EDIT: Here is the log file - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=245793

EDIT 2: So it turns out that once I start a movie normally and then quit, Cinema Experience works flawlessly. However, if I start XBMC and try to access CE straight away it won't work. I'm almost 100% certain that it has to do with some sort of audio malfunction. It might be related to the Alsa driver acting up.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - hoobie7 - 2014-07-14

(2014-07-13, 10:27)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: So whenever I try to start the script (from the movie info page) it boots me right back to the main screen (not even starting the movie). I know you probably need a log file but I'm not at home so I thought I'd see if anyone else ever ran across this issue.

EDIT 2: So it turns out that once I start a movie normally and then quit, Cinema Experience works flawlessly. However, if I start XBMC and try to access CE straight away it won't work. I'm almost 100% certain that it has to do with some sort of audio malfunction. It might be related to the Alsa driver acting up.

When you say main screen are you talking about the Home menu or your Movies list menu?
Out of curiosity try this:
Start XBMC and start a movie through CE straight away.
When it kicks you back and doesn't look like it's doing anything hit 's' to bring up the Shutdown menu.
See if it starts playing then.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Cinephile - 2014-07-15

(2014-07-14, 21:26)hoobie7 Wrote:
(2014-07-13, 10:27)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: So whenever I try to start the script (from the movie info page) it boots me right back to the main screen (not even starting the movie). I know you probably need a log file but I'm not at home so I thought I'd see if anyone else ever ran across this issue.

When you say main screen are you talking about the Home menu or your Movies list menu?
Out of curiosity try this:
Start XBMC and start a movie through CE straight away.
When it kicks you back and doesn't look like it's doing anything hit 's' to bring up the Shutdown menu.
See if it starts playing then.

It takes me back to the Home menu.

I just tried your suggestion but I can't report any change - the "s" button simply brings up the shutdown menu, regardless of when I press it.

Thanks for your idea though!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - arthur400 - 2014-07-16

was wondering if someone can help me step by step with cinema experience ?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - siralexxx - 2014-07-18

When I try cinema experience in my movie it freezes my skin Is mq5 it works whit the rest....