Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- Mission - 2010-12-29

thanj you for your fast replay but unfortunaly i am still a loss

i read the forum and treid to follow the info given but i run accross the same problem and this is the same for the link u gave as well

the code that i need to eather add or edit appears to be totaly differnt to what people have suggested for other skins

for example

Quote:<item id="6">
<label>Cinema</label>
<visible>Container.Content(movies)</visible>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</item>

this doesnt seem to appear at all in pm3hd version the nearest i seem to have is

Quote: <control type="button" id="6">
<description>Refresh</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>184</label>
</control>

here is the file so your able to see what i mean - http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/50337243/file.html

- giftie - 2010-12-29

Mission Wrote:thanj you for your fast replay but unfortunaly i am still a loss

i read the forum and treid to follow the info given but i run accross the same problem and this is the same for the link u gave as well

the code that i need to eather add or edit appears to be totaly differnt to what people have suggested for other skins

for example

this doesnt seem to appear at all in pm3hd version the nearest i seem to have is

here is the file so your able to see what i mean - http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/50337243/file.html

You need to replace the code you found with the code SlaveUnit gave you. This will change the button from Refresh(a hardly used button - sorry Jezz-X) to Cinema.
Then, when you want to use Cinema Experience, you select a movie, press info('i' on a keyboard, info on most remotes) then select Cinema.

If you have all the settings set up, it will play the movie, with Cinema Experience involved.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-29

Hmm looking at it right now I am not sure. But I see your point. Im a bit short on time tonight so I really cant spend time on this right now. Im sure Ill be on tomorrow though. you could always ask in the thread for hte skin. Jezz_X is pretty good helping people out as well.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-29

Mission Wrote:thanj you for your fast replay but unfortunaly i am still a loss

for example

Ok I gave in. Use this file to replace yours:
http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/99224025/file.html
Since Jezz_X he has a set size you need to scroll down to see it.
Or just look at the end of the file here and see exactly what to add:
http://pastebin.com/BCzaKiPH

- retret66 - 2010-12-29

Tried everything I could but I can only activate cinema by going to movie info and clicking on theater but that is a two step process, what I'm trying to accomplish is that I want the movie to start with cinema experience everytime I click the movie with left mouse button and I cant seem to find this macro or setting..Is this possible?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-29

retret66 Wrote:Tried everything I could but I can only activate cinema by going to movie info and clicking on theater but that is a two step process, what I'm trying to accomplish is that I want the movie to start with cinema experience everytime I click the movie with left mouse button and I cant seem to find this macro or setting..Is this possible?

Im sure there are many better workarounds but you could try using autohotkey.
http://www.autohotkey.com/

In the program map a keystroke (say the letter z) to the mouse button you want. Then in your keymap file map that letter (z) to the line we gave you earlier to start the script with one keystroke. It might be a longshot, but it may work. Hell I have no idea really.

- Harro - 2010-12-29

Mission Wrote:Sorry if i am an idiot but i cant get this to work at all

i have added the repo and install the addon but i have no idea what to do get it working

I am using pm3 and the latest release of xbmc

what so i need to do please to get this working on that skin

I have just tried this in pm3-hd skin and it worked. Cinema will replace the trailer button and launch the Cinema experience and then the movie. Open up the DialogVideoInfo.xml and find this
Code:
            <control type="button" id="11">
                <description>Play Trailer</description>
                <label>20410</label>
                <enable>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)</enable>
            </control>

and replace it with this
Quote: <control type="button" id="13">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

- Mission - 2010-12-29

Thank you all very much it works perfectly now i just needto set it all up

- icky - 2010-12-29

SlaveUnit Wrote:So this time I pointed it to a large collection of slides (other than Harro's special collection). This time the music stopped and the slides kept going. Any way for now to have the music (single track) repeat until the slides end?

Or if it is possible.........

Can the script be set up to randomly pick music till the slideshow stops, as the playlist function is broken, but in itself is boring as you would always hear the same song firstHuh? I think for the end product, this would be the ultimate option for music during the trivia section.

- Mission - 2010-12-30

Well after a lot of trials and even more errors i finally got it all working and i have to take my hat of to you for this.

Its not something i intend to use every time i watch a film but its great for when i have a film night with the wife or friends

- henrikyo - 2010-12-30

Wow, just a quick question, would a guy that has no nfo in his files get this to work. I have no clue about this, and just found out it excisted, did find a guide, but that was for a old script.

I dont care for slides, atleast not when it doesnt show me slides for the movie im going to watch.

What i want, is for a bluray splash screen to come first, followed by dts/dolby digital intros, rating (r... etc) and then bluray outro or something.

Anyone know how i can accomplish this. Im all new to this, so i really have no clue, sorry for bothering you.

I got the experience blu ray intro, do i know just go configure intro and outro to that movie? it seems i have to use slides in order to get video selection up. which sucks, cause i think the slides isnt that great.

Is there a way atleast to make the slides match the movie you are watching? And only show up after the movie, cause i really dont want to watch slides before the movie starts

- giftie - 2010-12-30

henrikyo Wrote:Wow, just a quick question, would a guy that has no nfo in his files get this to work. I have no clue about this, and just found out it excisted, did find a guide, but that was for a old script.

I dont care for slides, atleast not when it doesnt show me slides for the movie im going to watch.

What i want, is for a bluray splash screen to come first, followed by dts/dolby digital intros, rating (r... etc) and then bluray outro or something.

Anyone know how i can accomplish this. Im all new to this, so i really have no clue, sorry for bothering you.

I got the experience blu ray intro, do i know just go configure intro and outro to that movie? it seems i have to use slides in order to get video selection up. which sucks, cause i think the slides isnt that great.

Is there a way atleast to make the slides match the movie you are watching? And only show up after the movie, cause i really dont want to watch slides before the movie starts

Fairly easy to set up.

step 1:
Default settings

step 2:
For Feature Presentation Intro - select single video(or if you have a folder of videos, select 1 Random Video)
Select you video(or folder) on the next setting

Step 3:
For Feature Presentation Outro - do the same as step 2 but for the video you want to play at the end of the movie

Step 4:
Set Movie Rating to the folder containing the Rating videos

Step 5:
Set The Dolby/DTS folder to the audio folder(follow the folder layout for the different audio formats when making the audio folder(see the first page of this thread)

Step 6:
Follow the instructions of your skin to operate Cinema Experience before the movie.(some have a Cinema button in the movie info page, some you just have to select play from the movie info page)

- henrikyo - 2010-12-30

awesome, thanks mate, i have know set it up so that it shows comming attractions, then it streams a trailer from apple trailers, a random one, then it cuts to feature presentation, shows dts / db clip (really awesome ones at demoworld) the dts hd worked aswell.

then it cuts to rating, then start. Just awesome, now i just need to find a 30 second or less opening clip, thats really flashy and is of a decent quality both sound and video.

Shouldnt be to hard, thanks alot for your help Smile so awesome work, and awesome work by the designer who made thos feature presentation / intro stuff, so nicely done.

thanks for your little guide, helped me alot Smile

edit; found the imax intro home theather clip in 1080p, and loseless audio, awesome Smile its at demoworld aswell, its also a sweet countdown clip there

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-30

Mission Wrote:Well after a lot of trials and even more errors i finally got it all working and i have to take my hat of to you for this.

Its not something i intend to use every time i watch a film but its great for when i have a film night with the wife or friends

Glad you got it all figured out. There are still a few bugs with it so you might want to continue to watch the thread for updates.

I dont think many of us use it every time we watch a movie either. It's more of a show piece for company/others to enjoy. But when it works it sure adds a neat effect/feeling to just watching a normal movie at home.

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-30

henrikyo,
Try these out of you are looking for something modern for intros:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1297557

They do have some trouble playing if you are using DXVA within xmbc though. but if you do like them I have re-encoded them so they will work with XBMC's DXVA setting on.