Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- retret66 - 2011-01-01

Hello xbmc gurus, I have one question, If I purchase an IR transmitter (USB).what do I need to install(addon?) so I can add an event to dim/off my lights when movie starts and turn on lights when paused..? thanks in advance.

- Xavieryz - 2011-01-02

can someone provide a link or information to get Cinema experience installed on Backrow I installed CE but can't seem to find the button to activate the command.

- ijourneaux - 2011-01-02

Xavieryz Wrote:can someone provide a link or information to get Cinema experience installed on Backrow I installed CE but can't seem to find the button to activate the command.

browse to the movie, bring up the context menu, select Movie Information. ON the next page is a button for Home Cinema Experience

- giftie - 2011-01-02

Xavieryz Wrote:can someone provide a link or information to get Cinema experience installed on Backrow I installed CE but can't seem to find the button to activate the command.

If you are using the SVN version of the skin, you need to set the setting under Skin Options -> Menus -> Enable Cinema Experience Button. The it should show up as ijourneaux had described.

If you using the current version available through the Repo(v3.0.8), then there are some changes to the skin that are needed(it tries to run the old version of the script)

In the file, DialogVideoInfo.xml(located in the PAL 16X9 folder of the skin) You will find the following starting at line 2025:

PHP Code:
                <control type="button" id="13">
                    <
description>Home Theatre</description>
                    <
posx>214.28</posx>
                    <
posy>470</posy>
                    <
width>93.14</width>
                    <
height>35</height>
                    <
label>Home Theatre</label>
                    <
onleft>8</onleft>
                    <
onright>6</onright>
                    <
onup>50</onup>
                    <
ondown>55</ondown>
                    <
align>center</align>
                    <
colordiffuse>ddffffff</colordiffuse>
                    <
onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    <
onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick> 

</control

Replace it with this:
PHP Code:
                <control type="button" id="13">
                    <
description>Cinema Experience</description>
                    <
posx>214.28</posx>
                    <
posy>470</posy>
                    <
width>93.14</width>
                    <
height>35</height>
                    <
label>Cinema</label>
                    <
onleft>8</onleft>
                    <
onright>6</onright>
                    <
onup>50</onup>
                    <
ondown>55</ondown>
                    <
align>center</align>
                    <
colordiffuse>ddffffff</colordiffuse>
                    <
onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    <
onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick> 

</control

You will also need to activate the Home Theatre Experience Button through Skin Options -> Menus and also restart the skin(switching to a different skin and then back will do.)

- Xavieryz - 2011-01-02

thanks guys, I finally got it to work, I needed to upgrade to the newest Backrow skin to support CE, I wasn't getting the button before.

- alexandergoll - 2011-01-02

One question: Can each trailer be in its own folder if using the local option? Or do they have to be inside one single folder?

edit: never mind i found it in one of the first posts...

- retret66 - 2011-01-02

Can someone please help me make the play button always "cinema"? I tried everything in confluence but it doesnt work for me Sad.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=664482&postcount=18

I also tried autohotkey but doesnt behave the way I wanted..Many thanks

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-02

retret66 Wrote:Can someone please help me make the play button always "cinema"? I tried everything in confluence but it doesnt work for me Sad.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=664482&postcount=18

I also tried autohotkey but doesnt behave the way I wanted..Many thanks

You are talking about doing that with the ipad, correct?

- retret66 - 2011-01-02

yeah, I was able to change the "Play" button and rename to cinema...I am still looking on how xbmc behave whenever the movie is played regardless of the button..Or I'm still trying to find out what http api command does the remote client sends to play the movie..If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate thanks.

P.S.
I would donate $100 if someone can help me accomplish this..I really need this desperately..All I want is a mod where a movie always start with cinema experience remote or not..I will check back later and see if someone can hack this..payment thru paypal is easy for me..thx

1.0.9 - wbread99 - 2011-01-02

giftie Wrote:Added to the growing list of requested features.. Next version(1.0.9) not far off..

Giftie,

Was given a notification that 1.0.9 was avail last night on one of machines, so I downloaded it, but got a "script failure" error. My other machines in the house didn't get the update notification. Back to 1.0.8. and everything is great.

Just a fluke? Nothing about 1.0.9 being out yet. Or I may have missed it.

Please keep up your great work. And Nuka too. You guys make the rest of us look good.

Sean
Incirlik Air Base, Turkey

New Version Up... 1.0.9 - giftie - 2011-01-02

Be sure to enter and double check your settings(new features often mean new settings) and click on ok(makes sure the updated settings are used)

Music playlist is now fixed!

The Playlist is also shuffled now.

We have also added the ability to play music from a selected folder. The addon searches sub-folders as well, so if you select you main music folder, it will take a long time to build the playlist.

Smart Playlist are not supported.

The script also will automatically reset the Watched Slides if all the slides have have been watched.

Enjoy..

- giftie - 2011-01-02

wbread99 Wrote:Giftie,

Was given a notification that 1.0.9 was avail last night on one of machines, so I downloaded it, but got a "script failure" error. My other machines in the house didn't get the update notification. Back to 1.0.8. and everything is great.

Just a fluke? Nothing about 1.0.9 being out yet. Or I may have missed it.

Please keep up your great work. And Nuka too. You guys make the rest of us look good.

Sean
Incirlik Air Base, Turkey

On the one machine that had notification, you may have to uninstall the script and re install it. On the others, refresh the repo(by opening the context menu('c' on a keyboard) and refresh the repo). Also go into settings before running the script(new/fixed feature often means new settings) don't worry, they will still have all your old settings.

- henrikyo - 2011-01-02

still looking for a flashy 30 sec or so intro clip, with 5.1 sound track atleast, imax pre show is great, but i have only found it in 2 channel.

so if anyone know of a good opening clip let me know, looked all over demo world

- The-Boxhead - 2011-01-02

I'm just waiting for the request to also add annoying commercials to this script Smile

- wbread99 - 2011-01-02

[quote=giftie]On the one machine that had notification, you may have to uninstall the script and re install it. On the others, refresh the repo(by opening the context menu('c' on a keyboard) and refresh the repo). Also go into settings before running the script(new/fixed feature often means new settings) don't worry, they will still have all your old settings.[/QUOTEt

my 1.0.8 machines still refuse to wake up and see .9 goodness available to them.

I'll keep trying.