Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- wuench - 2011-01-08

"Delete"

- soundbyte - 2011-01-09

Can someone explain to me how to make it run the cinema script everytime I press play on a movie (movies only!)? I found this link: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=664482&postcount=18 - but I have no idea how to follow it.

I'm using Night as my skin. I enjoy the script. When people other than myself are using XBMC, I would like them to experience the cinema add-on without having to goto the video dialog box.

- Revol - 2011-01-09

I don't understand what the difference is for the end user with the two Apple Trailer options, 'database' and 'newest'. I understand that one uses the XBMC plugin, while another doesn't.. but what difference does that make?

I'd love to have some way to limit the kinds of trailers it pulls by genre. I don't care to see a drama, while I'd rather see more comedies, action and animation.

- ijourneaux - 2011-01-10

giftie Wrote:A question for you.. After you upgraded, did you go into the settings and click on ok?

There was a change to the settings, for the music playlist feature. It looks like I may need to put in some code that forces the settings screen to open when the script is run(if needed, as the last update there was a fair bit of coding)

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.. No I did not go into settings and click ok.

On Friday I deleted, reinstalled and reconfigured and it worked.

- MidnightWatcher - 2011-01-10

Finally got this working, and it really does add a cinematic feel to everything. Now we just need to get more intro videos and stuff from the community. Smile

- giftie - 2011-01-11

Revol Wrote:I don't understand what the difference is for the end user with the two Apple Trailer options, 'database' and 'newest'. I understand that one uses the XBMC plugin, while another doesn't.. but what difference does that make?

I'd love to have some way to limit the kinds of trailers it pulls by genre. I don't care to see a drama, while I'd rather see more comedies, action and animation.

The difference between the Database and the Newest trailer scraper is the following. The Apple Movie Trailers Addon(not the lite version) can create a local database of all the trailers stored on the Apple Movie Trailer site. Cinema Experience, using the database scraper, can access that database and then has access to all available trailers(including the newest). Using the Newest option only has access to the trailers that the Apple Movie Trailer site has marked as Newest.

Both these options should access trailers matching the same genre as the movie being watched, though I can not verify this 100%(appears so by how the addon is written)

- soundbyte - 2011-01-11

Any update on the scraper pre-downloading trailers?? I currently use the HDtrailer Downloader, but it frequently downloads multiple trailers for individual movies, and downloads a bunch of documentary and other films that I personally don't care for.

- giftie - 2011-01-11

soundbyte Wrote:Any update on the scraper pre-downloading trailers?? I currently use the HDtrailer Downloader, but it frequently downloads multiple trailers for individual movies, and downloads a bunch of documentary and other films that I personally don't care for.

Work on script add-ons has not yet begun. Trying to make sure the script is solid once again before making any big changes.

Things that I am think about adding in the future:

Scheduled Trailer Downloader
Package Installer - Slides & Videos

I know Nuka has some of these things working as alpha tests for other scripts, so they might not make it into version 1(but the next incarnation of this script) A lot depends on what patches get added to Eden(it's not that far off)

Things will develop... You can also post your requests on http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/ under issues(even though requests are not really issues.) This allows us(the developers and maintainers) to keep track of what people want a little easier, though we try hard to copy requests and issues from the message board, some get missed. It's also a good place to see what is happening with the requests..

Also thanks for enjoying Cinema Experience..

- fl0PPsy - 2011-01-11

Every since updating to the latest version I've noticed that not all the intros play and the trailers seem to get skipped. I get the 1min of trivia, then the feature presentation intro video and then the movie. I have all the paths set for everything so I'm not sure why its just skipping over things.

I've hitting the defayult button and then putting in all the paths etc again but it still seems to do it.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue?

I guess the next step will be a full reinstall of XBMC to start fresh. That would be a pain though when the last version of Cinema Experience was working 100%

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-11

Did you erase the Cinema Script's settings file?

- kubax - 2011-01-11

FYI

i made a litle script wich will download trailers from moviemaze.de for use within Cinema Experience.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=687954#post687954

- atarantino - 2011-01-11

If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated. I've downloaded most everything from the first few posts and have CE configured correctly and working on my desktop pc (using autodetect) for playback method. However, when I use my REVO 1600 with DXVA2 enabled, the video just flickers green and you can hear some audio, and then the movie begins. I went back and converted the file type extension from .m2ts to .avi as mentioned in the beginning but still nothing. Anyone running this on the REVO 1600 using DXVA2 and have things running correctly? Oh, and I am on Dharma.

- giftie - 2011-01-12

atarantino Wrote:If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated. I've downloaded most everything from the first few posts and have CE configured correctly and working on my desktop pc (using autodetect) for playback method. However, when I use my REVO 1600 with DXVA2 enabled, the video just flickers green and you can hear some audio, and then the movie begins. I went back and converted the file type extension from .m2ts to .avi as mentioned in the beginning but still nothing. Anyone running this on the REVO 1600 using DXVA2 and have things running correctly? Oh, and I am on Dharma.

Could you post your xbmc.log file(use pastebin or something similar). Changing m2ts to avi shouldn't really do anything different, as the same internal player is used. Have you tried playing the videos that you use from the File Manager?

Thanks for the GREAT script - mgmhometheater - 2011-01-12

I just wanted to chime in and say THANKS. I have been using XBMC for about a year and a half and the first HTE for about a year. Now that I have upgraded XBMC I'm glad to be running CE.

It took a bit to get it going in Alaska, but I ended up adding some code so that when I have a movie highlighted I can press 1 on my remote to launch CE or, I can just hit the enter button to watch the movie without running CE - makes it real easy.

Anyway, I have a bunch of "trivia" slides I created (138 of them) that I can upload somewhere if anyone is interested. They are basically the movies wallpaper sized to 1920x1080 and they have some trivia about the movie on them. I figure it's the least I can do to give back to the CE community.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-12

mgmhometheater Wrote:I just wanted to chime in and say THANKS. I have been using XBMC for about a year and a half and the first HTE for about a year. Now that I have upgraded XBMC I'm glad to be running CE.

It took a bit to get it going in Alaska, but I ended up adding some code so that when I have a movie highlighted I can press 1 on my remote to launch CE or, I can just hit the enter button to watch the movie without running CE - makes it real easy.

Anyway, I have a bunch of "trivia" slides I created (138 of them) that I can upload somewhere if anyone is interested. They are basically the movies wallpaper sized to 1920x1080 and they have some trivia about the movie on them. I figure it's the least I can do to give back to the CE community.

If you can rar or zip them and send them to a public upload place. Like maybe megaupload.com or mediafire.com etc. You can post the link in here or in the thread where most of the media for the script i kept:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69270