Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-22

giftie Wrote:Countdowns follow the format for most of the other video formats in the new version(no, it hasn't been released yet, still squashing bugs)

and as for:

I'll try to have these fixed as well in the next version as well(missed these ones when I corrected the music which originally was the same and drove me almost nuts)

giftie,
Much appreciated for staying on top of all this.

- kevron - 2011-01-22

Awesome work, Thanks.

- ameinild - 2011-01-23

What file must I edit to disable the countdown trailer again? Thanks...

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-23

ameinild Wrote:What file must I edit to disable the countdown trailer again? Thanks...

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\settings.xml

I do run in portable mode so your file might be under your profile if you are not running in portable mode.

- ameinild - 2011-01-23

Thanks - I'm running Linux, but I found it! Smile

- rflores2323 - 2011-01-24

can this addon be setup in appletv 2? If so how?

- bossanova808 - 2011-01-24

Is it (or could it be...) possible to have the trailers selected from locally available trailers for unwatched movies only, rather than streaming new trailers?

- Harro - 2011-01-24

bossanova808 Wrote:Is it (or could it be...) possible to have the trailers selected from locally available trailers for unwatched movies only, rather than streaming new trailers?

You can set CE for local trailer, You will need to download the trailers to a specific folder to have CE play them. I use the appletrailer lite addon and have it set up to download to the folder CE then plays. I open up the apple trailer addon and browse through what trailers I like and download but dont watch. Then when CE starts with my movies I have a vast amount of trailers ready to play with out streaming from nternet.
I know other people have probably better ways but this works for me and I delete the older trailers out after the movie hits the theater.

- atomicwedgie - 2011-01-24

I just discovered this AWESOME addition to XBMC two days ago. Last night my wife and I took the first baby step into setting this up and getting a feel for it. Hell we even broke out the popcorn maker. :-p I must say, this changes the entire way I feel about my setup! This brings home theater for me to an entirely new level.

I've spent the last 24 hrs (with little sleep) doing what I can to improve this whole experience. These include...

* Editing/Splitting/Cleaning/Renaming a lot of the videos that were included in the initial links.

* Scouring the internet for goodies to add. I've found lots including some HD material both new and to replace the lower resolution ones that existed

* Started Photoshop drafts for a line of trivia questions on theater based backgrounds

Once I sort everything out I'll submit what I've done to share with all.

Thought... hotkey that will cause XBMC to pause the current movie and play an intermission based movie and then resume the original??

- no clue - 2011-01-24

Are the Apple Trailers (lite) only in stereo? So far, that is all I have received. My intros and movies that are multichannel seem to work as supposed to.

As others mentioned in the thread, I have also had buffering issues with the trailers. I have a 25mbs wired broadband connection so I think as others have surmised that the issues are on the apple end.

I love this addon for xbmc.

- Targettio - 2011-01-24

Targettio Wrote:As a side question, is there any way to get events from the cinema experience script. I am working on connecting my arduino controlled lights to xbmc. My end goal is for the lights to dim as the feature presentation intro begins to play (i.e. like a real cinema).

I know Nuka mentioned something about this sort of feature back on page 2, but has anything come of this?

Sorry if I missed it, but has this been answered?

- Harro - 2011-01-24

no clue Wrote:Are the Apple Trailers (lite) only in stereo? So far, that is all I have received. My intros and movies that are multichannel seem to work as supposed to.

As others mentioned in the thread, I have also had buffering issues with the trailers. I have a 25mbs wired broadband connection so I think as others have surmised that the issues are on the apple end.

I had the same buffering issue's tjat everyone else had and just decided to download to a local folder instead. Now trailers play great.

Targettio Wrote:As a side question, is there any way to get events from the cinema experience script. I am working on connecting my arduino controlled lights to xbmc. My end goal is for the lights to dim as the feature presentation intro begins to play (i.e. like a real cinema).

I know Nuka mentioned something about this sort of feature back on page 2, but has anything come of this?

Sorry if I missed it, but has this been answered?

I don't think that this has been figured out yet.
Also if I can remember correctly, I believe Giftie has said the "Misc" is not working or null.
Also have you found anything, addon or script that would define your needs in the lights? And if so could those be shared, so to help with making the CE a better experience for others?

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-24

no clue Wrote:Are the Apple Trailers (lite) only in stereo? So far, that is all I have received. My intros and movies that are multichannel seem to work as supposed to.

Yes, they are all in stereo only. I'm sure they would buffer even worse if they went for something higher.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-24

atomicwedgie Wrote:I just discovered this AWESOME addition to XBMC two days ago. Last night my wife and I took the first baby step into setting this up and getting a feel for it. Hell we even broke out the popcorn maker. :-p I must say, this changes the entire way I feel about my setup! This brings home theater for me to an entirely new level.

I've spent the last 24 hrs (with little sleep) doing what I can to improve this whole experience. These include...

* Editing/Splitting/Cleaning/Renaming a lot of the videos that were included in the initial links.

* Scouring the internet for goodies to add. I've found lots including some HD material both new and to replace the lower resolution ones that existed

* Started Photoshop drafts for a line of trivia questions on theater based backgrounds

Once I sort everything out I'll submit what I've done to share with all.

Thought... hotkey that will cause XBMC to pause the current movie and play an intermission based movie and then resume the original??

A very nice idea about having a hotkey for a pause with an intermission.

I am also looking forward to adding your media to the "pack" page. I know it is desperate need of some updates/cleanup.

- Harro - 2011-01-24

Just wondering if anyone has ever thought about a trivia movie clip idea?

i vision the jeopardy count down music playing and people yelling out the answer for the movie clip that just has played. hehe just a thought