Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-01-27

SlaveUnit Wrote:Probably unrelated but mine now says "ERROR: SCRIPT FAILED UPDATER". Then once the python script fails my system becomes all jerky in the menus. Then when I go to close it, it crashes.

Im not sure this is referring to he google repo though.

Are you talking about the repo or the script?

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-27

giftie,
My post can be ignored it is strictly the Aeon MQ2 skin updater that is failing. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as flores2323 issue Im not sure.

- rflores2323 - 2011-01-27

my issue is with the repo. its not updating on my atv2

- giftie - 2011-01-28

Does the script run on ATV2?

- kevron - 2011-01-28

I was gonna ask but I was waiting till I got mine JB'd. When I was trying to run the script on a laptop through the network, it wouldn't let me select folders through the network. I had to move the vids I wanted to the laptop HD. I don't know if I just didn't look hard enough or what, so I wasn't gonna ask until I actually had to deal with it on the ATV2. All my CE vids are on an External that is hooked up to my HTPC. So it allows me to access those folders to set up the script. I could be completely wrong and had a massive newb attack as those happen everyonce in awhile. Nod

- giftie - 2011-01-28

kevron Wrote:I was gonna ask but I was waiting till I got mine JB'd. When I was trying to run the script on a laptop through the network, it wouldn't let me select folders through the network. I had to move the vids I wanted to the laptop HD. I don't know if I just didn't look hard enough or what, so I wasn't gonna ask until I actually had to deal with it on the ATV2. All my CE vids are on an External that is hooked up to my HTPC. So it allows me to access those folders to set up the script. I could be completely wrong and had a massive newb attack as those happen everyonce in awhile. Nod

What OS is your laptop? Though the problem seems to be with XBMC, since it's occurring in the settings.

- kevron - 2011-01-28

Desktop and Laptop are running Ubuntu 10.04. When going to select which folder the vids are located, it wont let me go through SMB. (option isn't available) I'll check again on the laptop real quick to make sure.

- kevron - 2011-01-28

Doh! Newb moment.. It looks like while doing some File/Folder Maintenance on the External HD I de-selected Sharing of the whole hard drive, and only allowed sharing of my Movies. Blush

- mcoto - 2011-01-28

I'm probably just stupid but is there a way to terminate a trivia slideshow early and skip to the next part of the experience ( I tried chapt forward and FF).

The reason I ask is I'd like to be able to put the trivia on with some music in the background while everyone gets ready and once everyone is in there seats start up the intro vids, trailers etc.

Since I don't know how long it takes to get everyone all settled and my small kids won't sit still for several minutes of trivia I'd prefer to default to a long block of trivia which I could skip once everyone is ready to go.

M

- Harro - 2011-01-28

mcoto Wrote:I'm probably just stupid but is there a way to terminate a trivia slideshow early and skip to the next part of the experience ( I tried chapt forward and FF).

The reason I ask is I'd like to be able to put the trivia on with some music in the background while everyone gets ready and once everyone is in there seats start up the intro vids, trailers etc.

Since I don't know how long it takes to get everyone all settled and my small kids won't sit still for several minutes of trivia I'd prefer to default to a long block of trivia which I could skip once everyone is ready to go.

M

Escape will quit the trivia. CE then starts with the vids you have selected.

- giftie - 2011-01-28

mcoto Wrote:I'm probably just stupid but is there a way to terminate a trivia slideshow early and skip to the next part of the experience ( I tried chapt forward and FF).

M

ESC on a keyboard as Harro stated and also Back on the remote.

- mcoto - 2011-01-28

Thanks a lot. I thought I tried that, but I'll give it a go

M

- Fraincs - 2011-01-29

Had some time this afternoon and created a template for quotes slideshow. If anyone is interested in the photoshop file I'll gladly upload it so we can get some new design. I've based my design on the Scene It Xbox game.

I'll eventually post some of the quotes I've made too.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-01-29

Fraincs Wrote:Had some time this afternoon and created a template for quotes slideshow. If anyone is interested in the photoshop file I'll gladly upload it so we can get some new design. I've based my design on the Scene It Xbox game.

I'll eventually post some of the quotes I've made too.

Looks good. The more of these we all have the less duplicates we will see.

- MidnightWatcher - 2011-01-29

FYI, VIPIDME.COM has their new Lionsgate theme up. I'm cooking mine right now ...

Edit: Finally finished. Here it is.