Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- tripkip - 2011-02-01

SlaveUnit Wrote:Were the ones I have posted here not working?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69270

I assumed a PNG wouldn't work, because it's a picture and CE wouldn't know how long to show it...
I never tested it Blush

- snyft - 2011-02-01

Is it possible to get this to work on neon skin?

- SlaveUnit - 2011-02-01

tripkip Wrote:I assumed a PNG wouldn't work, because it's a picture and CE wouldn't know how long to show it...
I never tested it Blush

You are correct in the fact that pictures do not work. No big deal but I had the videos on there near the bottom that work with DXVA enabled. The previous ones from last year were not encoded correctly and distorted with DXVA on. That's why it looks like a newer update. But the videos have been there for a long time.

UPDATE 12/31/2010:
"New ratings files that work when DXVA is enabled. The previous ones would be scrambled due to not having a ref frame (I think that is reason at least). http://www.megaupload.com/?d=584MXZEL"

- tripkip - 2011-02-01

SlaveUnit Wrote:You are correct in the fact that pictures do not work. No big deal but I had the videos on there near the bottom that work with DXVA enabled. The previous ones from last year were not encoded correctly and distorted with DXVA on. That's why it looks like a newer update. But the videos have been there for a long time.

UPDATE 12/31/2010:
"New ratings files that work when DXVA is enabled. The previous ones would be scrambled due to not having a ref frame (I think that is reason at least). http://www.megaupload.com/?d=584MXZEL"

Ok thx for pointing that out!

- kevron - 2011-02-02

Is there a way to add an Unrated Video to play.. I have one on my system already, (taken from one of my DVD's) but it doesn't play. I see there is a NR, but not a UR. I buy alot of UR directors cuts. So it would be nice if I could get a ratings vid to play with those movies.

- kevron - 2011-02-02

kevron Wrote:I was gonna ask but I was waiting till I got mine JB'd. When I was trying to run the script on a laptop through the network, it wouldn't let me select folders through the network. I had to move the vids I wanted to the laptop HD. I don't know if I just didn't look hard enough or what, so I wasn't gonna ask until I actually had to deal with it on the ATV2. All my CE vids are on an External that is hooked up to my HTPC. So it allows me to access those folders to set up the script. :
Got my ATV2 JB'd, and this is happening on there. I know before I said I had moved some folders and by doing so unshared my CE folders. Well, they are shared and I cannot access them. When I go to select where the vids are all I can pull up is the HOME folder for ATV2. Don't know if this is the script or if it is actually xbmc.

ETA: I can access those folders if I go through the Video menus on xbmc, But not when I try setting the script up.

- SlaveUnit - 2011-02-02

kevron Wrote:Is there a way to add an Unrated Video to play.. I have one on my system already, (taken from one of my DVD's) but it doesn't play. I see there is a NR, but not a UR. I buy alot of UR directors cuts. So it would be nice if I could get a ratings vid to play with those movies.

Take your video and rename it to NR.avi and replace the NR one that is already in there.

- giftie - 2011-02-02

kevron Wrote:Got my ATV2 JB'd, and this is happening on there. I know before I said I had moved some folders and by doing so unshared my CE folders. Well, they are shared and I cannot access them. When I go to select where the vids are all I can pull up is the HOME folder for ATV2. Don't know if this is the script or if it is actually xbmc.

ETA: I can access those folders if I go through the Video menus on xbmc, But not when I try setting the script up.

This seems to be something to do with XBMC on the ATV2.. settings are all controlled through XBMC.

Using with Neon Skin. - giftie - 2011-02-02

snyft Wrote:Is it possible to get this to work on neon skin?

The latest Neon SVN version does have the capability. When you are in your Library view for Movies(Movies from the main screen, even HD Movies) select a movie and press I, or the info button on your remote. You should see a 'Cinema Play' between 'Trailer' and 'Cast'

- haenchensd - 2011-02-02

giftie Wrote:You need to download the SVN version of Night, Available from Passion-XBMC(they have a repo as well) the added feature has not yet made it to the 'stable' version of the skin(Don't worry, Night SVN is ok to use, just changes a little week to week.)

I'm using the SVN version of Night, but I see no option to enable this. Looks incredible and I'd love to try it out.

--Pretty sure I'm not that bright, just figured out the option to start it is on the info screen. Love it. Thanks

- kevron - 2011-02-02

SlaveUnit Wrote:Take your video and rename it to NR.avi and replace the NR one that is already in there.

Tried that before posting. I'm thinking cause UR is actually a rating, even though it implies its not rated. Didn't know if it could be added into the script to play UR's or not. I have the same video named UR and NR in the folder. I may do some looking around today.

- giftie - 2011-02-02

kevron Wrote:Tried that before posting. I'm thinking cause UR is actually a rating, even though it implies its not rated. Didn't know if it could be added into the script to play UR's or not. I have the same video named UR and NR in the folder. I may do some looking around today.

Try renaming the File to Unrated.avi and see what happens... Also can you post a copy of your xbmc.log to pastebin, as this will help narrow down where the problem maybe.

- Harro - 2011-02-02

kevron Wrote:Tried that before posting. I'm thinking cause UR is actually a rating, even though it implies its not rated. Didn't know if it could be added into the script to play UR's or not. I have the same video named UR and NR in the folder. I may do some looking around today.

These are the avi's I have in the MPAA folder and all are working for the rating before the main movie.
G.avi
NC-17.avi
NR.avi
PG.avi
PG-13.avi
R.avi
and Unrated.avi

automatic refresh rates - htpc-tac - 2011-02-02

first to say this addon is really great!

one thing I figured out:

I enabled "auto adjust refresh rates" for the videos now.
Cinema Experience works as expected but for every clip in the playlist, the TV gets black for maybe 5-7 seconds and the refresh rate switched, even if the next clip has the same rate.
The movie plays but you heare only sound for the first seconds Sad
I´m not sure if it´s a problem of my TV that it takes too long for changing the rates (Sony Bravia KDL-HX805). Does anyone has the same issue?

I was wondering then if there is a possibility to deactivate the automatic adjustment of the refresh rates for all the clips and play the main movie in its originial refresh rate (e.g.24hz) ?

- kevron - 2011-02-02

At one point I had it named Unrated.avi, If I get time today I will look into it and see whats up. Snowed in and its a "family" day so my time messing around with the PC and network will be limited.